FIRST GROW, LATE STAGES OF FLOWERING, WONDERING IF MY BUDS ARE DONE, IF NOT, HOW LONG?

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by treesisme11, Jan 15, 2016.

1. #1 treesisme11, Jan 15, 2016
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 15, 2016
    This is my first post in the forums, so please, be easy, and I will take every piece of criticism with an optimistic outlook.

I am in the very late flowering stage of my first grow.

First, the backstory of where I am now:
    Bought clones of Lavender Strain in the middle of August
    Planted them in dirt in a garden box at my home
    Built a clear plastic "Green house" over them
    Ran them under 2x T-12 CFL Bulbs and 1x MiniFloraLux 150
    Topped and performed low stress training throughout veg period
    Started flowering 10/29
    Ran them under 1x MiniFloraLux and 4x 85 watt CFL's

Before I go any further, I want to stop and say, Yes I know that the light up to this point was not optimum and could have led to low growth or delayed growth.

First 4 weeks of flowering I didn't see any change in the plants, and started becoming concerned.
    Purchased 1x 1000watt HPS w/ Ballast and have ran them under that for the remainder (11/15-Present)

I noticed a HUGE difference once these two ladies got under the 1000watter. Wow...

Since then the weather has really cooled down, so I have added a second layer of black plastic on top of the clear plastic. I also have ran a small heater at night, it has helped a lot especially on the colder nights.

Have followed Fox Farm's Fertilizer schedule for soil (I have not bought any of the micro nutrients in the middle of their table, so I have:
    Big Bloom
    Grow Big
    Tiger Bloom
    Beastie Bloomz
    Cha-Ching

Now for a few photos

This is about a month and a half into having the clones:
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

This is about 7 weeks into Flower

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

ANDDDD These pics were taken yesterday.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

My question (FINALLY) is:

In your humble opinions, do you think these buds are done?

Do you think they need more time? (already 1 week over the expected 9.5 week cycle)

How big of a setback time wise was it running them under low lights for the first four weeks of flower?

ANY/ALL FEEDBACK IS GREATLY APPRECIATED

Have a great one folks!!!

Attached Files:

2. They got stunted pretty bad. For 10.5 weeks of flowering with the picture you shared I would probably just harvest it and start a new grow IMO. It's your first grow. Learn from your errors and do better on your second grow
    Major difference after the 1000w switch though.

Don't forget to flush if you do decide to harvest.

Please check out my grow if you have the chance to.

3. I agree with SamGoingHam and I would harvest it, keeping it going now will not bring any dramatic changes,if you have the proper lighting now then the earlier you start your next grow the earlier the reward comes. Good ole hid there's nothing better (IMO) for light penetration

4. Looks ready for me. Have a good yield.

5. #5 treesisme11, Jan 16, 2016
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 16, 2016
    Well I cropped! Thank you guys for replying, helped me shed some light (no pun intended) on my situation....
    Pretty ecstatic with the results from Crop #1 (Please, excuse the exposed wiring [​IMG] )

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Attached Files: