first grow, just sexed

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by billigreen, Oct 22, 2007.

1. so i had 3 plants and 2 turned out to be male, and the one that is a female looks kinda goofy. at the bottom of the plant the length inbetween nodes is extreemly short with short branches. when the plant was about 2' tall we decided to top the plant, we did this twice so now we have 4 top collas but the distance between nodes has grown dramaticly, more than doubled. so now our plants our mainly flowering on the 4 top collas but the really bushy part of the plant is on the bottom half. does topping cause the plant to stretch more? or did this happen because the lighting got too far away. the bottom leaves in the bushy part have started to wilt so we placed some cfls pointing on the bottom of the plant. should we have avoided topping the plant after it was that tall? any advice or ideas would help.

2. lol @ title

3. Not in my experience.

Possibly, but doubtful.

Very wise.

Not really. It shouldn't cause a problem.

When you switch to flowering, some stretch is to be expected.
    Obviously this stretch is most visible in the newest growth, where the stems are soft (ie. the top), and much less so where the stems are older and more woody (the bottom).

What to do about it?

Supplemental lighting, or tie it down at a guess.

Can we see a pic?

4. the top is cut off but you can see how much more bushy it is on the bottom and how the top colas strech out of the screen, do you need to see any more pics? ill include more when the bud gets bigger

Attached Files:

5. Skinny and tall is the worst of them all,
    the bend that you'd need would be frightening,
    So don't do a thing, with that big ball of string,
    just invest in supp-lee-mental lightening.

Cos you may have been right, about lack of light,
    she does look quite stretchy, it's true,
    And if you just chop, the top off your crop,
    You won't get the yield that you're due.

6. quite poetic... +rep =)

7. thanks for the help, we just bought 2 big ass cfls i havnt seen any this big before and the light they produce dwarfs the other light, thanks for the tip ill keep posting pics of the buds!:)