First grow.. Jasmine x Trainwreck

Discussion in 'Indoor Grow Journals' started by doom3crazy, Apr 23, 2010.

1. #61 doom3crazy, Apr 29, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 29, 2010
    thought I would give a lil update. Ill prob have some pics tomorrow. But its day 14 and her 2nd set of tru leaves have almost come in all the way. And the 3rd set is starting to show.

2. Awesome man!

3. Here is day 15, what do you guys think??

And how does the stem look? Should I cover more of it up with soil or is it ok?

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

4. It's a little stretched so if you can bury that stem, do it. Are you looking into LST?

5. #65 doom3crazy, Apr 30, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 30, 2010
    ya i think so haha. From what ive read its when you tie down certain parts of the plant, to expose light to other places to make it grow better correct?

Also when I transplant it, given my area for growing after its completed budded and ready for harvest, I would like the plant to be about 3 feet tall give or take. So how big of pot should I transplant it into?

6. The general rule of thumb is one gallon per foot.

As for LST, there are 2 ways you can do it. The first is like you said: you bend the plant over and the lateral growth becomes colas. Rumpleforeskin uses this method if you've ever looked at any of his grows. this guide illustrates this method.

The second is the one I would choose if you want to keep the plant short. It takes longer to veg however. http://forum.grasscity.com/advanced...-way-lst-tutorial-w-topping-sub-tutorial.html

7. #67 doom3crazy, May 1, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: May 1, 2010
    Word ill prob use that method that keeps my plant shorter. And prob get a 3 gallon bucket. Also will this plant food work?

[​IMG]

8. Idk, that's kind of an all purpose fert.

I'm no expert on nutes but for veg you want nutes with more N and K than P (20-20-20 is you N-P-K) and for flowering you want hardly any N and more K. That being said, it's probably better than nothing, but I wouldn't use it for flowering. If you do use it, start with 1/8 strength on the box and slowly work your way up.

9. ok cool. Also if I didnt do any LST than that just means it wont yield as much right?

10. Pretty much. Not only do you get more colas, but it allows more light to penetrate to the bottom of your plants so you get less popcorn bud.

11. Here is my day 17 pic.

2 questions: At what point should I prob transplant to a larger pot and see the lil set of leaves coming in right in the center? Are those the 5th set im suppose to pluck for LST?

[​IMG]

12. I'm probably too drunk to give advice, but it seems ready to transplant. Could you take another picture showing your stalk? It'll help show what node your on.

13. Here you go sir!

[​IMG]

14. Hm. From that angle it's hard to tell but I think your 4th node. You can let that grow in for a few more days and then top it.

15. #75 doom3crazy, May 6, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: May 6, 2010
    Day 20. I just transplanted it into a bigger pot. Honestly I thought the process went so-so. I hope I didnt kill it. Please pray for me :) *crosses fingers*

Also, there is still bout a quarter of the pot that didnt get filled, and I didnt quite center it(I was a lil off) Will the fact I didnt get it filled all the way and centered effect anything?

[​IMG]

16. Not centering it doesn't matter and you can fill up the rest of the pot if you need to. It looks like you did alright to me.

17. ok, like to fill it up more, id prob have to pull the plant all out again huh? And fill it up with more soil?

18. #78 doom3crazy, May 6, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: May 6, 2010

Actually what I am really asking is, would it be worth pulling the plant out again , risking death (lol), and topping the soil off? Or should I just leave it be. I think its a 2 or 3 gallon pot.

19. The pot looks smaller than 2 gallons to me. What is the diameter at the top, diameter at the bottom, and the height? I would just leave it and let it recover because I think you're going to have to re-pot it later on anyway. For now the container is big enough.