First grow is getting frosty at 4.5 weeks

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by Paulnewtogrowing, Mar 8, 2021.

1. When I first saw it today I thought shit - mold - but after a closer look the plant is producing it.

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 3
  2. Looking good

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  3. Looking sweet!

• Like Like x 1
  4. Ahem... DEFOLIATE

5. Really ? More big fan leaves or right at canopy ?

• Funny Funny x 1
  6. Start with growth on the bottom of the plant that's not getting any light, all those leaves and branches do is cut off airflow and suck energy out of the plant that could be going to top budsites. Then take leaves off of the canopy that block light to lower budsites. Once that is done I like to take thin branches and twist them, take your forefinger and thumb and grab the tip of the branch before the last node, then take your other forefinger and thumb and grab one inche below your other fingers, then twist in opposite directions until you feel the fibers inside the branch crackling, work your way down to the stem on each branch twisting in opposite directions. The locations you twisted will grow back stronger like a muscle after a workout. Do this at your own risk as it's very easy to fuck up

7. I wouldn't even mess with it. Looks real good

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. Well I did the under the canopy thing but I’m a little weary about fucking around with top other than moving shit around to maximize flower exposure - next time I’ll try the twist thing a little early in the cycle. Also I just realized I was off by a week - I switched the lights on 2/10 so they hit 4 weeks tonight not 5 and now they are kinda sticky.

Attached Files:

9. 5 weeks tomorrow night - need it to warm up so I can vent some of the odor outdoors - The Buds are certainly starting to fatten up a little bit but there are 5-6 weeks left (maybe 7 on one of them).

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 1
  10. They look good. Sure a little more defoliating will help a little, but really not nessasary. I don't recommend twisting and mutilating your stems. Lots of ideas dished out on the forum, not all are applicable to your Grow.