FIRST GROW in super closet deluxe 2.0 ANY HELP PLZ

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by jordangoetz09, Apr 23, 2013.

1. This is my first cycle and im in week 3 and just moved my plants up to the vegetative chamber..

i have a FEW questions.. (first in the germinating chamber)

I've had a few people tell me 24 hours light and some 0 hours light the first couple days to germinate your seeds.. is it preference?

second.. how often do i need to soak my rock cubes while they are at the bottom because at about day 10 I noticed half of my plants cubes were dry and it stunted their growth and half of them died..

Now for the top chamber:

How far away should I have my lights from my plants? Because I have a pulley-system.. so is it just always like 6-12 inches away??

and if the leaves on some of the plants are kinda shriveled and look bent over but not like crunchy when you touch them... what does that mean? needs more water, dead leave...

2. seeds require 0 light to germinate. need more info on ur setup. what type of lights? ventilation? could be over watering. rockwool only needs to be moist. should not be soaking wet. if ur seedlings are dying and rockwool is soaked, it's because they drowned, no oxygen

3. Ok. Without seeing your plants or anything yet, im guessing your plants are either drowning or nute burned. 2nd, what kind of light system?

4. It's whatever the Super Closet Deluxe 2.0 comes with... 400w

so if they have a root system they are still drowned? cuz they are only 4-5 inches after 3 weeks of germinating.

5. #5 Bezg, Apr 23, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 23, 2013
    If your in rockwool keep them in about 1/4 to 1/8 inch of sitting water. If you notice the bottom is dry, just add enough to soak the cubes and extra for a day or 2 of evaporation and plant use. I run my hydro plants on a 24 hour dropper. just recycles the reservoir over and over and over. So its ok for my roots to be in water all the time because its oxygenated. rockwool will hold more water than soil can, and allow the roots to breathe easier. Another guess why your plants arent looking good is rockwool PH is too high. You have to soak it for a day or so to drop the PH a bit.

6. I didnt even put nutrients until after 7 days and still did half nutrients like the guy told me where I bought it the system..

and its a 400w that came with my system and I put the water .5 inches under the black net cup exactly like he said..

7. #7 Bezg, Apr 23, 2013
    Ok i see your set-up a bit, did a bit of research on it. Untill roots are 3-4 inches long sticking out of your netpot. keep the water all the way up to touch the cubes. You wont drown your plants with 24 hour air bubble. the longer your roots get the lower you can keep the water. but for now make sure your cube is actually touching water untill roots find your reservoir. Also 400w is a lot for babies, keep the light at least 12 inches away. A good test is put the back of your hand under the light, if you can feel your hand warming, its too close for plants. my 400w-1000w grows i keep the lights 12-24 inches from the tops.

8. #8 jordangoetz09, Apr 23, 2013

ok thank u thank u....

so I just read on a diff post.. should i top off water like a gallon every 2 days just to keep it right at the black cup? and just PH test it before I put it in there

and ONLY add water not more nutrients besides when I flush every 7-10 days correct

9. Yeah, for the first month keep the water level as near as topped off as possible. so you can go away for 2 days and know your plants wont die. Also a PPM pen, since your doing hydro. Its not easy to learn, i know!! Should cost maybe 7-8 dollars? it measures the dissolved solids in the water. I recommend 100-150 PPM till the plants are about 5-8 inches tall. Then you can raise the PPM around 50 per inch the plant grows. A 4 foot tall flowering tomato plant can take about 2,500 PPM max before you start to burn the plant. A marijuana plant will start to burn at 1500 ppm depending on the strain. A durban poison ive seen as high as 2,000+ PPM. If you need anything i can skype or try and help thru here. Ive tried growing every way possible. with your top feed, and bubbles at the bottom you shouldnt have problems with the cube drying out. so very very low nutes, not too much light. Hydro is experimenting for a long time. Some strains love hydro, some do NOT! Takes practice. Your plants will take in water and nutes as it needs with hydro, due to evaporation nute level will rise and water leaves. so adding daily what leaves as water, and check ppm every 2-3 days. can do full res flushes every 7-21 days or so. depending on how well you know your system.

10. This is why I tell people to start with soil or soilless mix like promix. It's so easy they just grow themselves. If your a first timer and using Rockwool cubes it can be a little harder. You could always just bury the cubes in some soil and the roots will grow right through to the soil.
    Was your plan to keep them in cubes the whole grow? Or were you gonna transplant em into soil? Sounds like you have a sweet cabinet you will be growing bomb ass nugs in no time. Also bro seven days is WAY TOO EARLY. To feed em nutes. They'll shrivel and burn to death. Most plants don't need anything till they've got four five or six sets of fan leafs. Any sooner and your courting disaster

11. Hes right on nutes, they dont need them all the time. We just want enough there if the plant is ready to absorb and build on itself. Tap water is plenty untill you have 4-6 leaves. Or like i said less than 150 PPM. My tap water comes out at 50 PPM, I have the cleanest tap water in the country. Some places it can come out the tap at nearly 200 ppm already!!

12. my tap water is 24ppm. surprising considering i live in the sticks.

13. u will up ur ppm at each res change. if ur at 1/4 now, next change you will be at 1/2, then 3/4 and so on if necessary. most plants don't require full strength

14. ok i erased my comment will u erase yours now lol..

oh i did like 75% nutrients last night when i moved them up to the veg chamber

15. just looking out for u. there are a lot of people here to help, but it is the internet and you never REALLY know who u could be talking to.

16. alright man...

do u have an email i can send this video too? I did my grow op and went close with the leaves and stuff to ask my questions in depth.. only 1:30 long it would help a lot and u can just email me back on there or here..

too you or anyone.

thank u

17. na i'm good. whatever ?'s u have i'll be more than happy to assist u on this forum. take a few pics and upload.

18. Ok.. my cell phone only let 1 minute videos send to Youtube so I have 2 videos that are both like a minute with my questions!

THANK YOU

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wpUX8xvAtZo&feature=youtube_gdata_player[/ame]

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XoJHsyvzg_I&feature=youtube_gdata_player[/ame]