First grow... In a duffel bag

Discussion in 'Micro Grows' started by flurmy1, Mar 12, 2013.

1. Here is my first grow ever.
    I am just messing around to see if I can grow since I am moving back to Colorado in 3 months and plan on growing once I get settled, I'll be happy getting 2 grams off of this plant.

So here is the duffel bag:
    [​IMG]

Who would suspect a thing right? just a duffel bag in the corner, no light coming from it or anything.

So here is the duffel bag pulled out from the corner:
    [​IMG]

I know the lamp get's rid of the stealth but why waste money when you have perfect household objects around :p

Here is a shot of inside the bag:
    [​IMG]

Yes that is a metal garbage can, it fits perfectly in the duffel bag and is shiny and has holes to help with ventilation.

Today is day 3 since I planted the seed:
    [​IMG]

I have no fans or any of that in the bag, the bag and trashcan seem to keep it slightly above room temp. And the current temp in my room which hasn't changed in the past 4-5 months is 55-60 degrees... lol
    Also this is just bag seed from some ehh mids..
    Paid 180 for a half ounce and got some shit. That's Wisconsin weed for ya

2. I give you point for creativity, lol. She (we hope) looks good so far.

3. Epic, my man! Gonna add another light or two at some point? What spectrum CFLs did you decide on?

4. Won't be able to leave the plant in there long. Doesn't look like enough space.

5. It's a microgrow and just for the hell of it.

Yes another light in a week or two, and it's a 42 watt 6500 if I remember correct.

6. Nice! I'm in.

7. You have enough space. 12/12 from seed should do it with some lst. But I don't think you will even have to. This is awesome. I have a cooler similar to what you are using but I couldn't figure out a way to rig the light.

8. Got to say this is the first time ive ever heard of something like this being attempted. X)

9. That is an awesome idea my man!
    When you add the second light you might consider a computer fan for just a bit of air circulation in there.

10. I moved it and have my window right by it. It get's perfect circulation currently

11. Here is a update
    [​IMG]

12. you can rig up a fan if you need to..i've seen a suitcase grow and it wasn't much bigger..it'll work.. i'm on board

13. I'm looking around my house for a mini fan but have yet to come across one

14. make sure that window stays closed my man, bugs and dust are no friend to cannabis

15. Yeah, I made it somewhat secure so it's not able to getting sick. I would hate for my plant to die.

16. Here's a quick update of pictures I just took 10 minutes ago.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

17. lol creative

18. Cant believe its working so well.

19. It's probably due to me using Miracle grow lol
    (I know everyone says it sucks)