First grow. Hows she doing?

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Outdoors' started by pomz623, Sep 11, 2012.

1. I wanna say they are in the 4th week of flowering. Bought seeds online (forgot the site). White widow are the seeds. Been outside the whole time. used no nutes, just water. Started using nuts yesterday actually.(bought this)

How often should I feed it. Everyday?

almost all the white hairs are turning a bit red. but just the tips of them and the tips of the most of the leaves are turning brown. and im getting a number of yellow leaves that die and I pick off. what does this all mean?

When do I know I can harvest?

Pics:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. looks nice man :) i only feed once a week and you only want to use the bloom nutes and dont forget to flush towards the end

3. the bottles gives mixtures for each cycle. but all 3 bottles are used. are pot plants different and dont need the other 2 bottles?

any word on being a hermaphrodite? Ive read that the brown/red turning pistils can mean that

clueless on the flushing part also. Do tell

4. this plant looks awesome. You would probably want to stop feeding about a month before harvest if you can. You'll harvest the plant when almost all the white hairs are amber/brown. From the pictures, it looks like you have a ways to go. Your flowers are looking like mine in color. When did she start flowering?

5. cool, id say about a 4 weeks ago

6. #7 lager88, Sep 11, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 16, 2012
    nice looking plants the one is way off center in the pot next grow id center them up a little better but thats just me, anyways your gonna have a nice harvest keep up the good work

7. its only 1 plant. I originally planted 4 seeds then planned on splitting them up. but only 1 came up, so I left it.

8. Pistils turn red, brown naturally. When they do it very early on it can be an indicator it's been pollenated by a nearby male. Also other things such as insecticide/fungicide sprays can do it. The plant looks great though man!! Once she's a few weeks from finishing, you'll want to stop the feedings and give water only. Make sure to have planty of runoff(flushing).

9. thanks. Please explain to me the flushing part though

im using the 1% potassium salts of fatty acids as a pesticide

10. flushing is simply just giving the plant water and lots of it. what flushing does is wash away salts and extra junk that gets attached to the roots. When u go to flush your plant, give it water until it runs out of the holes in the pot. U want roughly a gallon or so of water to run out before you stop

11. how often do you do this before harvesting?

12. what type of yield do you guys think i might get?

13. #15 fayn2madness, Sep 16, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 16, 2012
    That depends on the size of pot and why you are flushing. It isn't always the same.

Don't even one time anticipate yield. Take it how it comes deal with her in her own time. Weight will come at the end and that will depend on density and other factors. She's a healthy girl and you will be happy with what she gives you.

14. when would you recommend to harvest?

15. Harvest when the calyx eats the pistil. They all turn brown and start to recede into the calyx. The trichs should just be turning amber however if you want more couch lock you will allow it to go more amber. The more amber trichs the more couch lock as I understand it. My experience is when I am required to harvest early due to weather or circumstance, there is more anxiety w/the high, that would be when there are still clear trichs or a good many.
    My advice to harvest is to be patient and let the plant tell you when if you want good pot. Don't anticipate anything except a learning experience. You can grow all your life and go out one morning to a cut worm infestation and everything is ruined,,, or termites!ugh . Just enjoy the experience,
    I know, I know farmers are professional worriers :D :wave: