first grow how do they look

Discussion in 'Aeroponics' started by mr sweets, Dec 1, 2012.

1. rps20121128_110745_498.jpg

ForumRunner_20121130_165719.png

ForumRunner_20121130_165809.png

I am in week 1 of flower so for the little biodiesel mass is flowering while the big white widow is just starting they are also auto flowers how do they look I had a little problem with the biodiesel having a deficiency but it is finally starting to grow leafs

2. Looks good! In the last picture their a little droopy, looks like slight over watering. That's me trying my best to find something wrong. :)
    Good job man :)

3. Thanks but I don't understand what you mean they're always in water cos they're hydroponics how do I cut back on the watering sorry this is my first grow

4. I wouldn't mess with it too much if it's working for you. If you start to notice it drooping more and more, slightly lower the water levels if you are using DWC, decrease water timing slightly if your using top drip. Most likely it's because the plant was just watered. Like I said, compared to most first time growers, you're doing a great job.

5. I am using I think what they call a bubbleponics I have to 4 inch round air stones in a 1 gallon reservoir I am using the Fox farms trio the complete line including powders and liquids ppm at 590. Ph at 6.0 what's weird is I did a fox farms sledgehammer flush about 2 days ago I don't understand but my ppm so will drop and then about an hour later I will check it and they will be up higher and then when I check it a couple hours later it'll be back down again I haven't had that happen until I use the sledgehammer the roots were a little brown I think from nute buildup they are a little water down after the flush but still have a brown tint I took the flush out and redid my reservoir because when I put the sledgehammer in it it started to follow up after about 3 hours of it being in there is that supposed to happen should I put the stuff plus back in as it calls for on the schedule I appreciate all your help Thanks again

6. ForumRunner_20121130_194158.png

ForumRunner_20121130_194312.png

ForumRunner_20121130_194333.png

ForumRunner_20121130_194346.png

Just some more pics

Attached Files:

7. As your plants soak up the nutrients(which often lower pH), the pH rises. It's not uncommon to see a fluctuation as your plants are eating. Also, you could be experience nutrient temperature fluctuation, colder water holds more Dissolved Oxygen and also PPM(which is usually Magnesium and Calcium Ions), and warmer water holds less PPM.
    I would give it a day of just water, and then follow the instructions that came on your Nutrients, and monitor the nutrient temperature throughout the day(During lights out the pH will be down, and PPM will be higher, during lights on the pH will be higher, and PPM will be lower). Use your gut, and also research as much as you can, but I honestly think your plants are looking nice and green.

8. Thank you very much for all the help I just have 1 more question I keep hearing people talk about using epson salt what is that used for sorry to ask you but you're the only 1 that is talk to me so far

9. I have never heard of anyone using Epsom salts.
    After looking at the pictures of your roots, I'd say your reservoir temperature is getting too high.
    Wait until your lights go out and see if your plants perk up overnight, if they are I think your water temperatures could be getting too high. If the water temp gets too high(69F+) you will start to develop root rot.

10. What is the easiest cheapest way to make my reservoir cooler

11. DIY Nutrient Temperature Controller
    For a temporary fix until you get stuff for that, you can put frozen water bottles in the reservoir during light on hours.
    Check it out!

12. I meant to keep a reservoir cool not make a reserve cooler

13. Ok thank u

14. If you look into that thread, the temperature controller can be set to automatically heat when the reservoir is too cool, and to cool when it gets too hot. It's really neat, and exactly what you're looking for.

15. looking at the pics you're doing dwc (deep water culture) without the deep part. Your rez is too shallow so your nutes heat up fast thats a design flaw..do the frozen wtr bottles and get a cheap thermometer in your res to keep track of temps..over 70 your soup won't absorb the o2 you're bubling into it..at 72 slime starts to grow..if you're not pushed for space get a deeper container that will fit the top you're using in the space..

16. Nice call gave my plants just distilled water with only cal msg in it no nutes yesterday sfter noon. And woke up this morning and my plants grow huge what is up with that did they have some kind of lock out from the nutes

17. Good job!
    Keep an eye on the reservoir temperatures, don't want this to be a problem again.

18. Sweets in hydro what happens is if you use r/o wtr you wash out the natural calcium and magnesium in the process so you need to replace that ..cal mag makes the nutes mobile to the plant without it the nutes don't uptake the way they could or just sit there..lock out...add high res temps so the soup can't hold the o2..more lock out..that's the best i can explain it to you..i don't understand if cal-mag is more effective at ph 5.7 i suspect it is which is why cal-mag only and distilled wtr made them pop..check that theory out you get a chance

19. So later on this evening I'm going to go ahead and try to make another batch of Neuse up but I have to you so many different things I have to use the Tiger bloom the big bloom and the grow big I also have to use the Open Sesame and the microbrew what should I make my ppm at so I don't make it too strong I also got some ice packs to keep the temp down and the reservoir thank you all for all your help you're having the best

20. anybody out there