first grow, help plz!

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by ben, Dec 13, 2006.

1. so i have a bunch of seeds (30 or so), and planted 3 right now inside because im waiting till spring or whatever, and just for fun. i watered them all quite a bit, maybe too much (once a day), and the leaves poking out are maybe a 1/4 inch (very small) or even an 1/8th. the stem is very tall though, like 4 inches. did i do something wrong? the stem is also white. i looked at the grow log a few posts before this, and his had leaves at a much smaller height than mine. I ALSO HAVE NO LIGHTS, but they seem to be growing. remember, i just did this cuz i had so many and for fun. so any advice/help? i am not running lights due to electricity issues

2. they r stretching for light, u should put them in a windo sill and also if possible have some kind of flouro light an inch above the tops of the plants

3. You have answered your question... you have no lights.
    Basic plant growing is that plants stretch towards light for it to grow. If you have none then the light from your normal household lightbulb is what is being given to them. This type of bulb (low wattage and color spectrum) is not beneficial to the plants and for the plant to absorb this light, it will need to reach for the stars!
    I recommend you use a couple compact fluorescent bulbs of about 30-50 watts per square metre to veg under.
    If you can't due to your electricity issues then I would say start new seeds in spring and kill those ones you have now.

4. wow........