First grow. Help! Closet grow. Autoflower.

Discussion in 'Grow Room Design/Setup' started by Danncfc91, Jun 13, 2018.

?

Help

1. Help

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. Help

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. Hi jst germinated seed in water for 30 hrs sunk to bottom. Now jst planted it. Any1 any advice?first grow. Jst the one plant. Auroflower strain critical orange punch. Dutch passion. Ghe 3 part nutes. Soil perlite. 150 watt led. And another 100 wat bulb on the way. Does this seem ok for now??

Attached Files:

2. Dude raise your light up at least 2 more feet before you scorch the hell out of your seed

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Thanks man. Theres basicly no heat atall coming off the light tho?

4. The heat isn’t what I’m worried about. With LED’s, you have to worry about light toxicity because of their intensity. When they are seedlings, LED grow lights should be around 32-36” from the top of your plant. Over time, you can start to lower your light or allow your plant to grow closer to it. Do some research and read some journals where people are growing with LEDs,....otherwise you won’t have a plant to grow in a couple of days.

You really need to know what you’re doing when growing autoflowering strains. You have a window of time to grow that plant, and if you make any mistakes, it will stunt the growth and you won’t be able to make up the time to get that growth back. They are less forgiving than photoperiod.

Trust me on this, because I am currently on my first autoflower grow, and I stunted the shit out of them. The yield won’t be anywhere close to what I was hoping to get because of the mistakes I made early on and I stunted their development.

Probably like you, I liked the appeal of growing autos because they seemed to be easier to grow from what I had read. This is NOT TRUE! You really have to know what you are doing. I learned a lot on this first auto grow, but unfortunately, lots of errors.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Cheers bud i will raise it a bit.

6. Hows that bud. ? Look bit better

Attached Files:

7. Higher.

8. Pun intended.

9. seedlings need very little light in their beginning stages. More than anything, they need a little warmth. Thats why people put them in propagation domes on heating pads.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Right mate its only a 150 watt and for the grow space it should be sound if no al move it. Its currently 16" away from plant.you're on your first auto grow aswell. Trial and error. Thabks for advice radgey