first grow! halfway got it together....q's?

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by cousined, Sep 9, 2010.

1. #1 cousined, Sep 9, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 9, 2010
    hey fellas. new member. first time soil grow!

ok i have 6 bagseed plants bout a month old. currently under 3 26w 6500k cfl bulbs. i have 8 just only rigged up 3.

grow space cab is 35inx40inx40in

or 2.91ftx3.33ftx3.33ft

its two big carboard boxes taped together with the tops removed turned upside down. like a hood. i covered the inside with spray adhesive and mylar from emergency blankets found in sporting goods at walmart $2.88 each. lol
    4 inch exaust fan with a passive intake with a screen and filter to keep out the bugs.

smells not a concern and neither is intruders or anything like that.

my grow containers are 1.25 gal buckets with holes drilled in the bottom and low on the side with screens in place. are these big enough to grow proper sized plants in this cab?

next question:

im currently in the market for a hps light. how big you guys think i need to grow 6-8 plants effectivly in this space? 250w-600w?

should i implement the 6500k cfl's during flowering also? or veg under both and turn off the cfl's?

fertilizer:
    i picked up some miracle grow powdered water soluable solution thats 30-10-10. ok for veg?

last one:

best soil i could find locally was 3x Scott's topsoil. .75cf contains sphagnum moss and i also got a bag of per-lite to mix up with it. will this soil be ok for a beginner?

http://www.scotts.com/smg/catalog/productTemplate.jsp?proId=prod140022&itemId=cat50042

i also have some of the scott's moisture control potting soil.
    http://www.scotts.com/smg/catalog/productTemplate.jsp?proId=prod10270008&itemId=cat50042 would this be beneficial to mix with the topsoil and per-lite?

really appreciate the help fellas. any tips too?

2. the more light the better, heat and space are what you have to worry about.
    you dont want to use mg. i would get better nutes and soil.
    and i would say your pots are too small.

i would get new soil and proper nutes before i worry about an hps.