First Grow/grow Journal And First Closet Grow Box Build Could Use Any Assistance

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by kingjkoff, Apr 15, 2014.

1. This is my first grow. And for heating problems in a closet I'm going to use T5HO. Currently I'm using 4 cfls to veg for a couple weeks on 24:0. I have 3 delicious fruity chronic juice and 1 white widow/Wonder Woman (I'm gonna call it white woman). I have the 4 plants in happy frog soil just in small jiffy pots. The soil I have when I transplant is happy frog and FFOF. I went out to Home Depot and bought a storage rack that fit in my closet since I couldn't find anything that was reasonable for my closet size (52" wide 26" deep and about 7' tall). Then I purchased double reflective light insulation which ran me $40 for 4'x25'. So far this what I've got and I still have enough to make a door that will flap down and stay shut using Velcro. I want to scrog these puppies outt to maximize the light usage. And since I have the grates from the shelfs it should work I hope. I have fox farm nutes as well. Any help or suggestions I would love to hear. Thanks for reading!

Attached Files:

2. Subbed in

Happy growing 🌲

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

3. Added the door and some ducting until I get an inline fan, just for some air flow... Here's 1 pic closed and 1 pic opened! ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1397594585.454770.jpg ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1397594608.303484.jpg

4. Followed, wanna see how this turns out, good luck

5. Jealous of this set up. Beats mine ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1397597391.922440.jpg

6. That's a bigger space than mine though

7. Got the T5 in not with the correct bulbs yet but just gonna add light for now and keep them under cfls til I get the mixed bulbs. ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1397623720.992356.jpg

8. Planted the seeds on April 5th so these are about 11 days in right now! ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1397623872.024824.jpg

9. Looks nice and tidy.

It does not take long and the box will be full and stinking up the house.:D

You know its not the grow that smells? Not even stinky compared to harvest. LOL

My house smells like a skunk shit all over the place. LOL I would give a shit but its all legal.

10. Subbed that set up is sick. It gave me some inspiration for my next which I want to scrog.

I said do you speak my language, he just smiled gave me a vegemite sandwich. I come from the land down under.

11. Yea I don't think there's gonna be any way to make it less stinky lol.. I'm gonna run ducting and an inline fan through my attic right above it.. I'm hoping that will help a little bit.

12. Thanks man! It took about a week to find the right way to set it up. However I would say anyone with about 200 bucks could do the same thing in about 2 hours!

13. #13 snoopdog6502, Apr 16, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 16, 2014
    Well sooner or later you will want a substantial grow light. believe me the bud size is drastically different with a real grow light.

A 600w will be $124 with the gw19 reflector, but I dont recommend anything smaller than a 600W and they can be dimmed down.
    Also the metal halide bulb is bad ass for vegging, the HPS with make for stretched plants if used for veg.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/New-Apollo-400w-600w-1000w-Watt-HPS-MH-Grow-Light-System-Set-Kit-Digital-Ballast-/180933709019?pt=US_Hydroponics&var=&hash=item2a207d4cdb

For me a 600w would cost less than $20 a month to run so I run all 1,000 watter's . Damn cheap compared to buds off the street.

I figure it cost me less then $10 to grow an ounce of top shelf bud and I sure as hell grow more than one at a time. LOL LOL LOL

Its always fun to see new growers start out with such care and craftsmanship setting up grow rooms. Now days my grow rooms are thrashed and ghetto but whats growing is not.

If you can get medical and be completely legal you should, it makes it way more fun. :D

14. I wish I could use a hps but since my area (4'x2'x6') is so small I would have issues with heat... And I don't live by myself and the noise from running all the fans would be too loud... But yea the state i live in its not legal at all yet. So until then I'm gonna try and keep the T5HO close to the plants and get the best I can get.. Even if it's not an awesome turn out, it should be a good learning experience.

The T5's will do real good, pick the right strains and you will get an impressive harvest.

I have to recommend blue mammoth autos. Talk about big buds on a fast growing plant, downright impressive.

http://www.worldwide-marijuana-seeds.com/products/barneys-farm-auto-blue-mammoth

Right now I dont run fans or filters at all, I have some basement windows open. My shit is on autopilot with the hydro, I give them solution and make sure the lights are on and air pumps working. I dont have to do anything but wait. :D

16. Yea I've heard plenty of great things about auto flowers.. I was wondering what was a good strain to try out! So I will most definitely check those out! Now with auto flowers I've heard you can run lights 24:0 the whole time... What would you recommend for lighting schedule?

17. So here's the best of one of my fruity chronic juice. 11 days old ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1397667302.750233.jpg

I run 1,000w lights so 18/6 gives the lights a break and keeps the bill down a touch. smaller lights I would run 24/0. I bred my own seeds from some great stuff and hit the jackpot. A white rhino autoflower that kicks ass.

Keep the blue mammoth on your list to try, It rocked my last harvest.

19. How many grams did you get off it? Just wondering

20. Just got my bulbs today.. I'm using 3 veg lights (6500k) and 3 bloom lights (2700k) I went every other one with them and put the girls about 6" under the lights.. Hoping they blow up soon! ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1397788469.667296.jpg