First Grow! give me tips!

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Outdoors' started by enteringsandman, Apr 30, 2013.

1. I have a bunch of random bagseed germinating right now, i know im a bit late than i should be, but it has been a cold spring here. There are 13 seeds and im going to plant whatever ones have germinated tomorrow. Im using the wet paper towel method, and 4 have sprouted this far. the longest one is probably just over a quarter inch, the rest just poking out. this is going to be relatively low budget and im more or less just starting them then putting them into the earth. How tall should i let them get before i put them outside? Should i ease them into the light, starting with just a couple hours a day before i just move them out? any other tips are greatly appreciated. i dont have a ton of time or much money but i believe i can pull this off. how can i help my plants with becoming females not males? i know im taking a big step in with probably 5-7 plants but i want the best odds of having a good crop, so i want to start big so i have more females (hopefully) after i crop out males. also, i may have a seed making pair so i have plenty for next year, but only if i have enough females to make me happy to begin with. Thanks! let me know if you have any tips or suggestions.

2. If you want to save cash; fertilise as you would tomatoes.

As for putting them outside, do it now and straight into soil. I always germinate in a pot of soil and leave it till the end. The quicker you get them outside the better. Easing them into the light is more of an issue for long term indoor growth and then placing them outside to finish.

Good luck with your grow.

Peace

3. thanks man! right now there are 6 that germinated and a couple of the tap roots got LONG over night. one was probably almost an inch (the one that was about a quarter inch yesterday) they are in solo cups outside now. so one last question as far as me getting started. the temps here are about 70-75 during the day and 45-50 ish at night and doesnt seem to be moving in the next week or so. do you think they will be alright to just leave them out or should i bring them in at night? a fast reply would be appreciated, they are outside now and the sun will be going down in about an hour.

4. nobody? i brought them in for the night but i would still like to know whether its okay to leave them out or not

5. Sorry mate; I am in sydney Australia. We sleep when your awake and vice versa.

When you talk I temps I am guessing you are talking in Fahrenheit yes?

Look I have a late grow finishing off now and we are in autumn or the fall as you would say in the US.

Overnight temps here get down to about 10-12 degrees centigrade at present and I have never heard of a plant having dramas at that temp.

So I would say your baby will be fine to b left outside, it has to get strength some now.

Hope it helps.

Peace

6. thanks alot man. im going to leave them out tonight. but in good news, 4 sprouted today, and are starting their first set of leaves.

7. Happy days!

8. I don't think 45-50F would hurt them. They just may grow a little slower until the overnight temps come up a bit. I could swear 20% of my plants' growth happens during the dark phase. :eek:

9. im with you on the growth at night thing! it seems like there is always more of a difference so far over night than during the day. but i have 4 sprouts, the other 2 have nothing going on. but from bagseed, i cant complain... 4 of 6 isnt bad.

10. The downsides of bagseed; I hope for your sake those four that sprouted are not all male. You can guarantee that two of them will be.

Good luck