First grow from seed!

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by sokewl420, Oct 16, 2011.

1. Hi GC! :) this is my first grow from seed. I've done Many grows from clones, but do to limitations on the strains I can get
    ( purple kush only) , I decoded to try from
    Seed.

My plan is to grow a couple moms , then take my own babies . Thus giving
    Me more options on strains , and saving me 500 bux every 8-10 weeks on babies.

Anyway... What's the best way to go about germinating the seeds . And how many mothers will I need to cut 100 babies every 2 months

Attached Files:

2. Any 1? How so I germinate these babies?

3. There are a lot of ways to germinate seeds, all you really need to know is darkness, moisture and patience

Aside from simply putting the seed in soil, watering lightly and waiting for a sprout, you can just use some household items

Some paper towels, two plates and room temp water is what you'll need, get two paper towels wet, place one on the plate and place your seed on top of the paper towel , then place the other paper towel on the seed, then place the plate on the other plate, this simulates darkness.

That's it! Just put it in a decently temperate spot(70-80F) and wait 36-48hrs. It should be ready but it may take longer, some can take up to a week or more

4. Just get two plates, two paper towels, and room temp water.

Soak each paper towel and place one on the plate, then place your seed(s) on the top, then cover them with the other wet paper towel. Place the second plate upside down on top of the other plate to create darkness.

Now all you have to do is place your plates somewhere temperate to warm (70-80F)
    and wait 24-48hrs, and in rare cases up to a week or two. And voila, your seeds should be popped and ready to go.

5. My method is to wet a paper towel with warm water, place it in a zip-lock bag, blow air in it before closing. Vwah-la, you got yourself a homemade green house. Once it grows a tail, about a day or so later, place it in either in the medium your growing in, or a cube for seedlings. Keeping the area warm and humid will help develope its roots..
    Hope this helps,
    Happy growing! :)

6. [quote name='"k0rps"']My method is to wet a paper towel with warm water, place it in a zip-lock bag, blow air in it before closing. Vwah-la, you got yourself a homemade green house. Once it grows a tail, about a day or so later, place it in either in the medium your growing in, or a cube for seedlings. Keeping the area warm and humid will help develope its roots..
    Hope this helps,
    Happy growing! :)[/quote]

That totally helps! Thanks bro! Any idea how much light I need to make moms
    Able of producing 100babies every 2 months?? Thinking 600 watt metal halide ? Or would a 400 do? Or do I need to go up to 1000??

7. Anytime man, glad I can help. For vegging im sure a 400 watt will be enough.. But of course more light produces more crop.

8. [quote name='"sokewl420"']

That totally helps! Thanks bro! Any idea how much light I need to make moms
    Able of producing 100babies every 2 months?? Thinking 600 watt metal halide ? Or would a 400 do? Or do I need to go up to 1000??[/quote]

I use to use 400 watt to veg. Then I was introduced to T5 flos. I will never go back!!! You can put light almost on the tops of plants with no burn:) There is no stretch between branches, mine actually started to get so bushy I prun about half of bottom branches off due to no light. So now I keep lights a about 4/5 inches above and they are beautiful. I use 8 4ft t5s can put 24 2galllon pots under. They use half the electric and are not expensive. Just something to look into. All the luck to ya....

9. [quote name='"KRUPTED"']

I use to use 400 watt to veg. Then I was introduced to T5 flos. I will never go back!!! You can put light almost on the tops of plants with no burn:) There is no stretch between branches, mine actually started to get so bushy I prun about half of bottom branches off due to no light. So now I keep lights a about 4/5 inches above and they are beautiful. I use 8 4ft t5s can put 24 2galllon pots under. They use half the electric and are not expensive. Just something to look into. All the luck to ya....[/quote]

Wow ! I'm thinking I might invest in some t5s