First grow fluorescent/L.E.D

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by smadap, Feb 11, 2010.

1. #1 smadap, Feb 11, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 11, 2010
    I so far have learned that the LED panels I am using have really amazed me.:D
    That when deciding how to set up the grow room design it around your light lay out.:(
    I think I will just put in a shelf system with 2 foot t-5s and bounce the leds into the Mylar.:)
    I will post some pictures soon but three weeks and the first clone is already over 1 and a half foot....I know seems small but when I had set up my grow room I had the LEDs bouncing all around the plants, Mylar on the walls two four foot fluorescent fixtures above, and they are extremely bushy. :eek:
    More as I get set to Bud with fluorescent and Leds.
    All in soil watering only one a week only fertilized them once, very lightly just before the water.
    Cost so far is shop lights 60.00, Mylar30.00,LED panel 150.00=240.00.

2. I'm looking into my setup now. Was thinking a 200w cfl and a 20w led panel for my XL pc box. Do you think that combination will serve me well?

3. I have seen those types of set ups I went with an entire room and a 50w Led panel.

4. hey man, :hello:
    your plant's look healthy, you should start a first grow, grow journal here at GC. i'm interested in led lighting. So far i have not made that leap of faith because i use cfl's , t8's, and 2 4oow hps light's. but i want to add a 180w ufo led soon to my 2 400w hps light's, give them a better spectrum of light. i would point those thing's right at your plant's and get your light's as close as possible, they don't get hot enough to burn the girl's. good luck with those ladie's! cheer's

5. HTG sells 50 watt panels I am using the red blue right now and will be getting the red white and blue panel. I just moved them to 5 gal. buckets the roots were very intense.

6. Huh??? Is the room roughly 1.5x1.5 and I hope there isn't more than 1/2 a plant in there......

I use 400w hps lights (takes roughly 800w of LED to equal the lumens of a 400 hps) and one light (hps) will cover roughly 4 plants.

7. The amount of energy you are wasting and heat you are generating and then having to over come with your mighty 400w hps. is great you can just ignore my threads.

You must be right my room must be only 1.5x1.5 and only 2/3 plants... just disregard my post as what is happening is just a figment of my imagination..GO HPS! don't use leds... waste energy/money.
    oh btw my electric bill has not been affected.