First grow first problem

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by boy91, Mar 7, 2011.

1. hay i got 6 plants under florescent looking good but ive encountered my first real problem. 2 of my plants in particular lower leaves have brown spots on them. the plants are just going on a month now and were recently transplanted from cups to gallon jugs. i think part of the reason is due to the miracle grow soil i had to use. since this grow is from bag seed im more trying to learn how to correct the problems im encountering. i had one plant suffer from under watering and some plants had ph problems but ive managed to correct those to problems but my plants went from green to brown spots within 8 hrs 2 days after transplanting. i just fed them fert for the first time today so i wouldn't think it was nutrient burn as the problem started before i started feeding them unless the miracle grow soils fertilizer is the culprit. after looking at Marijuana Plants Problems - Yellow Leaves, brown spots, nutrient shortage etc. i think its magnesium but still looking for imput from someone with more experience. my next grow i plan on taking what ive learned and using fox farm soil and ferts and using seeds i got from a bank

one of my healthy plants not yet showing any symptoms
    PhotoMoto 0055.jpg

brown spots
    PhotoMoto 0056.jpg
    PhotoMoto 0057.jpg

2. Has the soil got added nutrients/ferts in it? They don't need it and don't feed them hardly at all.

Good quality soil is all they really need - with perhaps one feed during flowering.

:smoke:

3. It does look like mag def just because of dead spots between the veins. I had this problem before just add calmag and it should stop spreading

4. thanks for the input. i went to one of the 2 stores in town that carry gardening stuff and couldn't find anything for mag def only iron and zinc. none of the nursery are open yet as up here in wi we still got snow hell it snowed last nite. if i cant find anything at the other place is there an alternative product or should i buy off the internet if i cant find any locally?

5. epsom salt bro 1 tsp per gallon...should hold you till you can pickup some calmag

6. i been watering with 1 table spoon of Epson salt per gallon of water and adjusted ph of 6.2 for the last couple of days. the plants are worsening it still seems like mg deficiency to me tho. as the old leaves get worse the turn yellow and curl up before dieing. i read on the website i posted about before that mg can be locked-up by too much Ca, Cl or ammonium nitrogen should i check those next or should i just give it more time. if more pics are needed just let me know. also can i trim dieing/dead leaves, i dont see how a dead leaf can help with light absorption or photosynthesis and there just shading other parts of the plant. thanks

7. here are two pic of the worsening condition
    PhotoMoto 0058.jpg
    PhotoMoto 0059.jpg

any thoughts

8. never trim when the plant cant use it anymore it will fall off. I would say at this point do a flush and add small amounts back in

9. will do thanks for the input

10. Hey, yeah had a similar issue to this - i was using epsom salt in large amounts to try and correct to no avail.

I stressed out and did a mega massive(over the top) flush + Ph'd water for the week.. Problem solved :)

11. I would also try to get cal mag epson salt works but to much and you can get toxic salt buildup that will lock out your nutes

12. ill add cal mag to my shopping list for my next grow thanks for the advice gagaganja, would a chemical like that affect an organic grow and is there anything else i should invest in plant health wise? the plants seem better after the flush thanks one even showed its balls today

13. I would suggest not going organic just because they will grow better which nutes IMO just flush and cure well and they won't have a chemically taste

14. dont organic plants just use naturally occurring nutes like decomposing fish or worm castings etc?

15. they just get there nutes from natural sources and not chemical based nutes. but organic usually does not give enough nutes to the plant but this is my opinion