First grow few questions

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by twisted94, Apr 15, 2017.

1. Hello everyone im new hear this is my first post

Im growing 4 photos in week 3 of veg first time growing, 3x bubblegum and 1x blueberry fems. 1.2x1.2x2m tent and 400w hps magnetic ballast. Started with a 200w cfl and put the hps in a few days ago, 4" inline fan and carbon filter using passive intake got window open most the time in the room also have 2 fans inside tent and a humidifier. Soil is b&q verve compost mixed with perlite. Been using rhizo tonic, gws, and epson salts. Waiting for some old timers grow coming.

Couple of questions...

Cant seem to get temps below 28c with lights on ive bought a smart co2 bag has anyone used them before and know if they will help? I know a cool tube and bigger fan will help but cant afford them at the mo.

Could i run a 400w mh bulb using my 400w hps magnetic ballast? Ive found a bulb on ebay and included a photo of it, the seller said the bulbs can run with hps ballasts ( item number: 251795218163 )

Thanks for any help t

IMG_2016.JPG [​IMG][​IMG]

2. You're big time short on light for 6 plants. That lamp you have will flower about 1...and actually, I like at least a 600 watt if I were only going to flower 1 plant. What you veg with is of no concern really...whatever you use to get the job done, but if you want real harvests, it comes down to flower lighting. You need HIGH wattage and correct spectrum for each plant you have in flower. If you are forced to raise your light away from your plants just to cover more plants, you're screwing yourself out of weight. Most people think in terms of space when first starting out. But it all boils down to what kind of flower lighting capacity you have as to how many plants you can finish and actually get them to produce. Under-lighting them during the flower cycle just gets you long lanky plants with underdeveloped buds because they spend their cycle stretching for more light instead of pumping up the size of the buds. But you're gonna have to increase the ventilation system for the space, get a larger cage fan to pull more air out of there with that light...especially when adding more. The plants love them but they get hot. Keeping good air movement between the top of your plant and the light itself will disperse some of the heat, but you definitely need a larger ventilation system. Good luck. TWW

• Like Like x 1
  3. So youre telling me a 400w hps isnt enough light for 4 plants

4. #5 twisted94, Apr 15, 2017
    Last edited: Apr 15, 2017
    Mate there is 4 plants not 6? Not wanting beasts just want to veg another week or 2 max, And ive been told i could get more plants under my lights. How can i be underlighting them with a hps bulb i have said i cant improve ventilation, im sure the perfect temps are around 26 amd ive always got 27 so not that much of a big deal thats why im adding co2

5. If heat is an issue get a cooltube reflector and swap it out ,i run 600hps and it was damn hot like in the high 30s touching 40 fckd all my plants ...cooltube fitted and its a steady 25-26c.......ebay only about £35

Sent from my SM-T550 using Tapatalk

• Like Like x 1
  6. Cheers mate think ill probably have to get one when flower time comes

7. Just wondering if i was to buy a cool tube thats 5" and my fan/filter is 4" can i buy a reducer or something?

Has anyone got a pic of how a cool tube reflector is set up?

Thanks

8. I have mine on a 4 inch carbon filter and a 6 inch fitting i just used heavy duty duct tape and sealed it up good and tight and it works just fine ,i will send u some pics if u want when i put the lights back on around 11 ,u can get a reducer but its more money that i couldnt afford,hang on just realised i have photos someone else asked for ....i attached carbon filter directly on to the fan then 6 inches of 4 inch ducting slid inside 6 inch ducting attached to the cooltube and then used the 6 inch ducting for exhaust....i fckd up when ordering and got the wrong size....i also bought a new fan and used my old one for drawing cold air in ,it also helps with circulation ....hope this helps [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  9. U can get dual spectrum hps bulbs from omega ,also available on ebay....i use one for everything

• Like Like x 1
  10. Thanks mate yeah that helps, just going to try finish this with what ive got, dont have the funds to be buying more equipment until this is finished ill get a bigger fan/filter and cool tube same size for next time and keep the old fan to draw fresh air in like you said.

11. Do you know if my bulb is duel spec? Im sure they told me it was when i bought it [​IMG]

12. Not sure on that one .....im sure there would be a chart available on tinternert somewhere

13. Grow Lush 400w HPS Lamp - Dual Spectrum Grow Light

Says its duel spec, should this be ok for veg and flower? So i dont really need a mh bulb? Ive already orderd the mh bulb thats albe to run in hps ballasts im just worried as some peoplr say you cant run mh bulbs on hps ballasts but the ebay seller said them mh you can

14. Yes thats all ive used and its working out fine ,dont get me wrong ive had my share of problems ,ph the water its a must or all sorts of deficiencies will rear their head ...i nearly fckd mine by useing tap water....for the cost of a ph pen its well worth it....have a look on the auto flower network (its on tapatalk)quality friendly advice no matter how basic or technical theres always someone willing to help...really is the place to learn lots

15. Not to contradict, but i have 16 under a 600 watt mh... i grow scrog and conventional with training....sure the buds arent as big on the edges, but....

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

• Like Like x 1
  16. 16[​IMG]

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

• Like Like x 1