First Grow - Feminised ppp under t5's

Discussion in 'Indoor Grow Journals' started by SlippySlappy, Feb 23, 2009.

1. hey man, hope those roots went crazy and your ladies are growin nicely :)

2. yo slippy, let's see some pics!

3. Hi, here's an update. I'll do a quick summary, one is a dutch passion fem ppp in a waterfarm, the other is a nirvana fem ppp in a homeade DWC. Both are sitting under a 4ft 8 tube 54w T5 on 24/7, 2 fans blowing across them, temps are around 75, res temps 68-72, trying to use Lucas formula (GH Micro & Bloom).

The waterfarm one earlier this week showed signs of being hungry (looked kind of droopy, lethargic), I checked the ec and it was below .2, so I decided I would try and up the nutes on this one, I took it up to .4 (which is still really low) and in a few hours it really perked up. 8 hours later the plant had dropped the nute ec level to .2, so I was thinking it's still hungry, but I didn't do anything. Another 8 hours later the plant started showing signs of nute burn. I didn't do a complete flush this time, but watered it down with RO water. Seems the nute burn has subsided, growth inside the canopy looks okay, but as you'll see outside growth got some damage.

The DWC is sitting in nutes at ec .2 and is starting to grow pretty good now. It had shown signs of being deficient in something, but since adding the nutes the newest growth seems to be okay.

Both buckets recently have started having the ph drop, seems to want to go down to 5.5/5.4. I'll take it up to 5.9/6.1, but it will quickly go down. Is this because it got overfertilized?

I asked AW about the fat leaves on one of my plants (dutch passion seed) and he mentioned it may have some indica in it. That one is growing really tight and has fat leaves, doesn't look like the other ppp's I've seen. The one in the DWC (nirvana seed) looks more familiar to me.

Anyways, I hope next week goes a little smoother, I got a little scared with the over nuting. Here are some pic's, thanks everyone for looking in and helping out!!

Attached Files:

4. O shit bro! They are so much bigger. Your buds are gunna be poppin before ya know it :) When its harvested and in your hand you will feel like time flew by. I love the feeling. :D Keep it up and the nute burn isnt too serious and you corrected as needed. Good response :hello:

5. Thanks myles, I bet that is a good feeling. I'll be happy with that. Sometimes I'm scared to go down and look at them, scared they might be laying on their sides croaking or something! :eek: Hope all is well with you and we'll see how they do this week.

6. hey man, the plants look good. it's good you're keeping good care of your babies. and it sounds like you're not freaking out, thats good. just correct little problems when you find them, and the plant will do the rest. haha;)

7. Thanks jimnut, how is your grow going?

8. And until that time you'll feel time is standing still, its a weird sensation lol

Lookin good slip m8, those fat leaves deffinately have indica in em. Your internodal spacing is excellent, best of luck m8 i'll be keeping an eye out

9. Hi all, I have something going on with one of my plants. The lower leaves are getting discolored and twisting up. Ph has been stable (5.8-6.1) and ec has been staying at ec level of .2 for a couple of weeks now. Is it some kind of deficientcy, maybe need to up nutes? I've noticed a few little critters in the room now, so I'll be spraying them down with some safers soap tomorrow. But I think these problems on the lower leaves were starting before I noticed any bugs. At only ec .2, it's probably not getting much ca/mg? I'm using the lucas formula with the gh micro and bloom right now. Any thoughts would be appreciated, thanks.

Attached Files:

10. hmm idk you could flush?

11. i'd flush her and then mix fresh nutes wit a bit more of em. .2 aint much. under 1.0 is a light feeding isnt it? I use ppm's not EC so its kinda foreign to me

12. Ok, thanks guys, I'll try flushing and increasing the nutes some.

13. ahh man thats no good:( im a newb so i cant offer any advice except listen to these guys, theyll get ya back on track sooner or later. thanks for the rep man:wave: hope to see the problems get better in the next few days:D

14. Hey, hope your problem clears up. Sorry, I can't offer some helpful advice. I actually ran into a space issue with the hydrofarms, but I hopefully will be able to fix it this summer. I'm starting some in soil though, and I just got them put in their rapid rooter tonight. I might start up a journal if I can get my camera figured out haha

15. Hi all, time for an update. The DWC plant that was looking sick is not doing so well, I don't know if it's root rot or what, but I trimmed her slimy looking roots back ( res did not stink though ?? ) and ran some florashield through her and and just running ph'ed water adding h202 everyday to see if she comes back. She doesn't look good, but not dead so we'll see. The waterfarm one is still growing, but I can not figure out a good ec/ppm level for her, she burns so easily. I'm only giving her ec .2 / 150 ppm right now!? Just seems so low and now I don't know if her signs are from too much nutes or too less. But she keeps growing and new growth looks okay. PH has been bouncing around her more than I'd like too. Had been pretty stable. I've checked her roots and they are really white and no smell in res. Anytime I give her nutes, she knocks the nute level down so quickly. But if I give her more like ec .4 / 300-400ppm, she'll knock the ppm level down real fast, been then start getting crispy on older growth, so I'm not sure how to try increasing her. If anyone has any suggestions I'd really appreciate it, she's come this far, don't want to lose her now. I'm hoping to get her into flowering in the next day or so, get her away from that other plant! :eek: Anyways, here are some pic's of the waterfarm girl.

Attached Files:

16. Hi all, here is an update. She has gone into flowering as of tonight, I've got her nutes up to about an ec level of .1 now (500-600ppm), the new growth looks good, so we'll she how she does. I decided to use a different location for flowering and this area is much cooler, so I did go with a 400w HPS, since she's the only one in there, I kind of spread her out by tieing some of the branches down. So we'll see how she does. Temps with the cool tube never get over 75 and I do have another fan to extract air from the tent every hour for a few minutes. Just using passive air intakes. Well, I'll report back as things progress.

Attached Files:

17. shes lookin o so sexy slippy. You should def end up wit somthin to smoke on. Sumthin reeeeal strong. :D

18. Hi all, quick update. Here she is a few days into flowering, seems to be doing okay. Humidity is getting kind of high in the tent at times though 80% plus during lights out. 60% during lights on. Temps are staying fairly even in the 70's.

Attached Files:

19. once nugs form that is a scary high humidity. Mold loves that shit. You def want a dehumidifier if you cant get it down otherwise. Plents lookin great tho bro :D

20. Thanks myles, I'll have to look into controlling that humidity. I'm increasing the time it exhausts the room during lights out for now, see if that keeps it more stable.