First grow ever

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by nurul12, Mar 15, 2017.

1. Hi

This is my first grow ever so I just wanted some opinions on how my plant are looking
    I am using a 600watts hps
    Grow 2 plant- strain is norther lights x haze from sensi seed
    I water nutrient every 2nd watering

Plant 1

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Plant 2

[​IMG]

This is after I cut some of the fan leaves off

Let me know how it look and what I can do at this stage to increase yield or potency

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

• Like Like x 1
  2. Silly people cut off leaves dude ,how do you think plants grow? You cut leaves during flower you can make the plant think it's dying and that it needs to drop seed to Carry on the cycle ,so your nice girl plant becomes Bruce jenner

• Like Like x 2
  3. I disagree with the above. If no pollen is present how will it drop any seeds? Save for him messing up his light cycle. And the more stress they get TO A POINT will make them produce more resins since they are actually trying to get sticker to hold onto what little pollen is present

I say prune any leaf that is blocking the light of any bud or even a cluster of multiple leaves.

4. can make them herm. when a plant think it is dying it can herm to pollinate itself to carry on life.

5. Yeah. If he messes with light cycle. Pruning will not do that unless he takes it to some level of pruning unbeknownst to me. I've mangled plants just to see if they could bounce back...And some don't but they never herm unless they get a burst of light during sleep or dark during wake

6. How the plant looking in general does it need more pruning

7. Is it possible to achieve 10oz from both plant just under 0.5gpw

8. Dude if this is your FIRST time I say HELL YA KEEP IT UP!!! I am an advocate of leaving ALL my leaves on I just tuck and bend them out of the way. Unless they are dying or necrotic of course.

• Like Like x 2
  9. I couldn't speak for any specification yeild accurately or even if your plant NEEDS pruning. I just like to reverse prune, as In pruning off the top sets of leaves, so more light touches the little popcorn nugs but yeah your first grow, don't worry about it.

10. As for 10 oz.. I would think more in the 2-4 oz each at that size and lighting.Conditions etc..

11. Any guess on yield or to early for guesses

12. Is there anyway to get a higher yeild

• Like Like x 1
  13. More lighting is always the first place to look for increasing yield. Try some t5 tubes hanging vertically around them. Nothing big. helps lower bud growth.Also good flower nutrient is key! I swear by House and Garden Bud-XL it also increases trichs!

14. Do you think I can achieve 0.5gpw

15. #16 ProCrunchie11, Mar 15, 2017
    Last edited: Mar 15, 2017
    yes. More plants! Tho you are going to have a nice harvest here buddy! I say 6+.

16. Stress a female plants will cause it to Hermie it will be a female bud with pollen sacs ,I stressed this Durban at week 4 , see the pollen sacs on the female flower , but feel free to listen to chop chop here.

Attached Files:

17. Any growers here achieved 1gpw

18. Obviously your doing it wrong then. You would have to be snapping stems like a noob to get it to herm. Besides its dependent significantly on the plants genetics on how it herms.