FIRST GROW EVER *BB* (Sour Cream & La Blanca

Discussion in 'Hydroponic Grow Journals' started by ViBeToSuRvIvE, Jan 22, 2011.

1. #1 ViBeToSuRvIvE, Jan 22, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 23, 2011
    Hey guys this is my first actual grow , the last one i had was in soil and its sprouted for a couple of days and then died i totally wasn't prepared with anything so i don't even count that as a grow. This will be done for educational purposes only and i hope that my GC blades can help me out as much as possible. Right now it is day 2 of sprout and they seem to be looking healthy. I am running them on about 100 watts 6500k CFL right now but will add another 50 to 100 in a few days. On the other hand i will be using the FLORA nutrients with hygrozyme and some h202. Hope you will subscribe and wish me the best of luck .:rolleyes:

(Here they are) **Kannabia** La Blanca (left), **DNA GENETICS** Sour Cream (right)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Thanks buddy im gonna need it from GC as well as from my lights aha.:smoke:

3. Ahh exciting! Good luck with it all, I'm here for the ride.

What's your grow room like? Looks like it's in a cupboard? What've you done for ventilation?

Subbed

Orient

4. Well its a closet grow and right now i just have a small pc fan running for ventilation as well as a humidifier. Later on im planning on having a bigger fan for leaf ventilation on my BB system. I will upload with pictures later on so you can check it out. Its going for its first 18/6 cycle today. WOHOO. Thanks for the sub and stay tuned. :smoke:

5. lookin good dude! lets see some pics of the set up? picture juunkie here.hahahaha:smoke:

6. Okay i will upload the pics today as i still have not taken any lol. I am not fully finished i still have to have to cover my walls with mylar and what not. Its day three and my babies are hanging in there with the humidity at 23% and temps at 73* F. Waiting for the root to come through the rockwool , when i feel them getting light i dip them into my distilled tap water that i let sit out for a few days. This strengthens my plant as the roots are desperate for water and i am making them work for it. Hope you guys stay tuned pics coming soon.=))

7. Hi there ViBeToSuRvIvE, just checking out your journal and I know how frustrating it can be to not get any help on here as I myself still have yet to get much for advice / help in my journal. Some friendly people have stopped in to check things out but the point of having a journal for someone who knows nothing is to get some guidance from people who notice errors that you are making that they themselves have made or have seen made before. It is alot of work and can be very frustrating to start growing on your own. Luckily there is a vast selection of knowledge available for us through forums like these and we can learn what took a decade to learn in a 10 min read. We just need a little direction is all.

I noticed you said your first attempt failed because you were not prepared. I also did NOT notice you mention much for your plans on a grow medium or much for your plans on your set up at all. I'm sure you're ontop of it, just didn't see anything in the journal about it.

8. Well i will be doing DWC bubble system. Have 6 27 watt CFL's right now . Four of them are 5000k and two are 6500k. Thanks for stopping by i will check your journal out as well brother. Yes it is very frustrating especially when you first start off but its also very exciting you treat those little plants like your own little babies. I've been reading up on these forums a little bit now and have a basic idea of how the whole system works. I know i will be running into trouble, its just part of growing and will learn from my mistakes and with the help of all your BLADES. ONE LOVE:smoke::smoke:

9. I grew sourcream my last grow. I super cropped it, and maxed the nutes at 1200ppm in bloom. flowered 9 weeks. Plant smells so skunky at the end. Got 8oz off mine. She is a big yielder. I veg a extra month to get that big yield. GL

10. Hey thanks for all the info i will prob veg a few extra weeks, that is a beautiful yield that you got boy and how is the smoke if you don't mind me asking? What kind of lights did you use?

11. The smoke was just medium, but people liked the smell, taste and look so much it didnt matter. Though i smoke a 1/8th or more a day, so weed need to be like some og kush to really knock me out. I veg with a t5 and flower with a 1000.

heres the grow vid.

Categories - T51K's grow - Marijuana TV

12. Dude sweet video i can't wait till my babies mature and get to be adults wohoo. Im thinking of either supercropping or doing a scrog. Maybe someone can give me some insight in which method you prefer and which one do you think works better?:smoke:

13. I don't have any experince doing scrog grow, I've always lst'd and I've continued just because its been so easy to do, and has seemed to work out for me. I lst according to space and direction of light, so it fits my needs most of the time. of corse things dont always go as planned. but ive read someones journal where they did a lst then scrog'd it after.

14. Hey Monz thanks for the info, i was thinking about lst'ing but with a BB its hard to do is it not? Anyways im still deciding if i shall lst or scrog. . . .hmm

Anyways its day 6 of my babies and their coming along just fine. Here are some pics after transplanting them into my DWC system. Finally tiny root came through the rockwool i was so happy. Hope everyone has a great day.:)

[​IMG]

15. congrads on your babies taking and getting ready to do big things!

16. Thanks Naughty i was in one of your journals and i've got a ton to learn man.:p

17. Hello buddy, congratulations on the emergence of your root! They're looking good :D

Do you distill your tapwater yourself? London water is rather rubbish, the bottom of my BB lid is already caked with limescale. Kinda scary considering.

Orient

18. Yes, i do but that same thing is happening with mine on my air valve hoses it feels like some sort of slimy material. Anyways i got a question to ask because my root emerged but it was not much so i transferred it to my 6" net pots. I put about an inch or two of pellets and the water level was at the same level as the pellets. then i put my rock wool and coverd it up with more pellets. Is this ok or does it need to be modified?

19. Can i ask what kit you're using to distill your water?

Yea that sounds good to me, my water level was lower than that and enough water made it up to the rockwool. Most of the guides ive seen have had the water level about half way up the net pot when she's still a seedling. Most people then lower the level once a decent set of roots form. As for what actually works, this is my first time too!

Pictures!!

Orient

Orient