first grow critical kush 600watt

Discussion in 'Indoor Grow Journals' started by pugthug, Dec 26, 2013.

1. first grow from seeds critical kush barneys farm seeds

1.2x2.4m cheap tent
    1 600watt cheap light
    4inch intake, 6inch outtake
    2 circulator fans
    canna clay pebbles 1-2litre per 15litre
    canna terra soil
    5 15litre pots
    terra vega terra bloom
    superthrive

First ever grow, i germinated my seeds in wet warm paper towel, i found the more moist and heat is best for rapid shoot... Soon as the root seemed big enough i transplanted them str8 into 15litre buckets and 3 days later my babies made an appearance...

im growing critical kush, very small but bushy plant from what im seeing... Im currently my 34th day and ive just put them into flowering 12-12..

I had a few probs with my plants, i wasnt feeding them enough nutes and they started getting yellow leaves, lack nitro and a few others, iron nd potassium i think.. I was yellow dying leafs and general ill looking plant... I fed my plants double nutes for 2 feeds and applied 1 cap of superthrive , within 4 days my plant looked back to normal very healthy again..
    I had also experienced heat issues at heat rising to 98-100f, i fitted my 6 inch outtake and that brought my temo down too 80f which im very happy with..

Ive also done some lst at about 2 weeks into veg to let another shoots shoot up and be level with my top shoot(head-pheno) sorry about my lack of knoledge on words lol.. the lst seems to have done a decent job and iv deff ended up with 2-3 extra heads per plant..

Heres some pics what do you guys think on how im doing? Have i stressed my plant too much already and will i get a shit yeild? Does anyone sort of know what yeild ill be getting from these size plants?

All feedback will be hugely appreciated cheers :) View attachment 1336158 image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg

2. #2 NS89, Dec 26, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 26, 2013
    Looks pretty good man, I've read that the Canna Terra Professional Plus soil (same stuff you're using?) is actually pretty light in terms of fertilizer, much lighter than FFOF or Black Gold. Even their website says its only good on nutes for the first week (http://www.cannagardening.com/terra_professional_plus).That is where you're really needing the most help, as you've noted. 

Additionally, Superthrive doesn't really have any posted N-P-K values, so I think it's more of a soil amendment in my experience than a straight nutrient. You're basically only using flowering nutes it sounds like, which perhaps you haven't even used much of yet Those plants are starving! You need more nutrients and additives, especially to Canna Terra.

Despite the fact you are flowering, I would still recommend picking up a veg nutrient to aid them in their growth/stretch period. Definitely looks like they are a bit deficient for maximum growth and thus yield.

I'm a big fan of General Organics, try this: 

http://www.amazon.com/Hydrofarm-GH5122-BioThrive-Grow-1-Quart/dp/B002KEX79U/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1388035307&sr=8-1&keywords=Biothrive

or, preferably, this

http://www.amazon.com/General-Hydroponics-Box-Starter-Kit/dp/B004PS4B08/ref=pd_sim_lg_7

GO is inexpensive, organic, and I've had great results with their products. Pick up their "Grow Box" for your next grow, or for this one. It's nice to have a full line up of nutrients to boost your plant's health and I find they work famously with marijuana.

Anyway, not plugging for GO here, just have had good success with their nutes in soil. I'm growing 600 watts too in a similar situation.

You very well may get a decent yield, but they look a little small to me to be flipped to 12/12 yet, however you wouldn't want to try and veg them anymore of course! I think it's an exercise in futility to predict yield unless you know the strain and have grown it a couple times, otherwise it's going to be a guesstimate at best.

With plants like those, you might get 2-3oz each at best if you make sure their nutrient schedule is solid throughout the duration of flowering. That's my guess anyway. Your light is good enough.

What kind of bulb are you using for HPS? Worth it to get an USHIO or Hortilux if you can afford it. I would start with nutes. Good luck man!

3. thanks for the reply dude!
    i think your deff right about the soil, my mate don his first grow in gold label soil full of nutes and he only watered his in the veg stage and had no defs and no problems. So i think im going to go with the same nutes and soil your using, could u type me a complete nutrient list you use? or did u just buy the started pack in the 2nd link?

The nutes iv been using is terra veg which ive been using in the veg stage and now ive just flipped my plants im going to use terra flores not bloom as i originally said... Could you tell me what nutes i could stick with tera flores in me flowering stage? and blooms, boost i dont know haha anything that will make a big yeild diff?
    2-3 a plant is perfect mate thanks! its what im hoping..
    I agree about they are abit small to flip but iv had to flip them this soon as it needs to be complete by mid march (harvest time)

Im using a hps i think, just cheap frm a grow kit on ebay, will i benefit more from 1 of those lights? what is the difference?
    Thanks again for the reply mate! appreciate it loads!

4. anyone else grew critical kush?

bump! i may buy those for my first grow

6. any info on critcal kush?

I would just go with the Go Box in the second link, it's cheap and effective. They have a prescribed feeding schedule on the back of the box, which I don't necessarily follow. I give nutrients when it looks like they need them and my plants are heavy feeders so it makes it easier for me actually.

Anyway, the bloom nutes in the Go Box are great (Bio Bud, Bio Thrive) and I also use Fox Farm Big Bloom. Also, if you can afford a few extra $$, get some blackstrap unsulphured molasses. It really goes a long way to encourage the health of bacteria/fungi in the soil.

Finally, I think if you're already on a low budget you should make sure to get nutrients before you upgrade your light. However, I believe it's worth it to spend $50 - $60 extra on a high quality HPS light for flowering. 

USHIO makes great bulbs that are cheaper than Hortilux and just as good if not better. Also, significantly brighter than the cheap iPOWER or Apollo ones that you are probably using (or an equivalent).

Last comment, if you're looking for details on Critical Kush just go searching for it. 
    http://www.420magazine.com/forums/journals-progress/189684-crash-s-indoor-600w-critical-kush-hydro-grow-coco.html
    http://forum.grasscity.com/indoor-grow-journals/1077573-second-grow-critical-kush.html

8. Ill be following this one.I just got a critical kush clone so I can't wait to see your results.Sent from my SCH-I535 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

9. Thanks for your advice mate, im 4 days into flowering now, temps reaching 28c low ends are 15c, i fed with terra flores on there 2nd day of flowering (12-12) im still doubling my nutes and it seems to be going great! Really good strain to grow

Is everything looking ok? Going to buy some blooms ect from local hydro store 2moz for my second feeding! image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg

10. Very healthy looking plants, OP.   You're doing a fantastic job for your first grow, totally killing it!     Those plants are going to explode when put into flower.      Remember to allow for a transition period and keep the nitrogen going for the first 10 days after flipping, they'll need it for the stretch.    They also tend to be Cal/Mag whores during the first few weeks of flower so make sure they're getting lots of that too.

Nice work!

11. Thanks man!!
    Cheers for the advice mate, i never new any of that haha.. So is it the nitrogen that gets the stretch going? Iv been lacking in nitro so could that explain how my plant are a little on small side?

For the cal and mag im just doubling my nutes and it seems ok? should i buy a feed that is higher in cal and mag or do my plant look ok on what im feeding them already? .. Do u have any blooms and flowering feeds u could recommend me?

12. image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg

ILL UPDATE MORE PICS NEXT WEEK

13. anyone following? ill post more if ppl are

14. Yes. Don't just do your journal for other people though use it as a tool for yourself to keep a log with pics.trust me once you start posting pics of buds people will come though. Sent from my SCH-I535 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

15. cool..

Im day 15 into flower now... iv been feeding my plants every 2 days (when soil is dry) tera flores double nutes, canna boost normal dosage and bloombastic normal dosage and theyv been loving it! Ive had to prop all my plants up with bamboo sticks as they started to bend with weight i think...

Everythings going smoothly, temps are 27.5 - 13c, humidity is pretty high around 55 60, im thinking of buying a hidifyer as ive herd lower humidity causes more resin production?

Anyway here are some update pics image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg

16. Hell yea man looking good! You must be feeling pretty happy! Way to go keep it up! And remember the more you post the more you pop up on people's notification feed who subbed this thread. That's usually hat brings people through I feel like. Because on a phone checking randoms can be annoying. Bump

17. thanks man! ohh yes im happy hahah just hoping these babies grow grow grow haha.. i feel and they look like there happy and healthy soo im happy :D

18. image.jpg image.jpg

18 days in flower