First Grow. Couple of quick issues. Please help

Discussion in 'Sick Plants and Problems' started by Xodium, Jul 6, 2015.

1. Alright so this is my first grow and I just got back from a long weekend and saw a couple of things I liked and a couple of things I didn't. My main issue seems to be with the leaves curling as seen in these pictures..
    Problem #1.jpg

Problem #2.jpg

And then my 2nd issue is my Cindy 99 x Haze plant and my G13 x Blueberry. These were transplanted on the 30th but they seem to be drooping? Could this just be them recovering?

CindyHaze 070515.jpg

G13xBlueberry 070515.jpg
    Is this normal? Am I over analyzing everything? I have them on a 20/4 light schedule over 2 P300 Platinum LED panels. I have the panels 16" from the plants. I've fed them straight pH'd water (No Nutes yet) twice now once on day 3 and once on day 6 (the 30th, before I went out of town). Using FFOF soil mixed 60/40 with Perlite. Oh and this is day 9 of veg.Here is a link to my Journal here on Grasscity. Has pictures from 5 days ago. (last update) My Grow Journal

2. Excellent dude!!! ...re your perlite, tho your light schedule is tight, at 20/4 many prefer 18/6 for carbon exchange, IMO: you should go thru most of veg with little nute as the FFOF will suffice
    should you have the itch to nute the plants include a monthly flush, but really the FFOF and perlite is the secret to a great grow,
    curling leaves is indicative of root issues, avoid over watering, go by the weight, and allow enough 02 to replace the H20 once watered, also keep a small pc type fan running 24/7, not directly on the plants tho

3. Thanks for the reply. The curling issue actually worked itself out. I did add a little CalMag (4ml to 5 gallons of water) as I was seeing in different places that it could be a Magnesium Deficiency and it seems to have worked.

Why not directly on the plants for the fan though? Just curious. I have a 6" blowing next to (Not directly on) the plants (but the Girls constantly moving) is that too much movement?

4. The fan is balancing act, movement of the branches and stems will help build strength.

What you don't want is fan leaves rubbing against each other or rubbing on pistils during flower which will cause them to die back early

5. Makes sense. I heard that it was to build strength and that's why I try to keep them moving non-stop. Will make sure to be more careful during Flower!

6. #6 Vee, Jul 10, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 10, 2015
    It dries the plant out quicker, keeps the plant cooler, in that leaves and stems turn dark red, and yes makes very thick stems, ideal if you want trees, you want it so....that the 02 emitted from the leaf stomata, are washed away from the leaf surface, by a gentle breeze, and C02 from your inlet gets to wash over the leaf surface ...easy!

(5800 posts ....don't time just f***king fly...? lol)

7. Okay, My stems are super thick (I feel like they are for only being at day 14) but I'm getting almost no stretch from the girls. All 6 of them are growing super bushy, I can't LST them at all because there isn't enough height. I switched from 20-4 to 18-6 and raised my panels up hoping to see a difference.

And yea. I've been a lurker on this forum for many years. Just started posting. :)