First grow(closet test run) advice appreciated

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by hashbandit, Feb 16, 2009.

1. My num one hobby right now is brewing beer, ive found some recipes where u can use herbs as a hop... gets u super high from what i hear and tastes great... only problem is u need a decent amount of herb which i dont have the money for, growing my own herbs would help the problem!

2. i have heard of fermenting your stems into alcohol that fucks you up apparently, but havent tried it yet. also, thgis is my first ever grow so im kinda low on knowledge, especially with nutes. other than what came in my potting soil, ive yet to use nutes. i just figure that it grows in nature naturally, and will do the same inside. the only thing i have added to my soil so far is coffee grounds, which btw the plants seem to love. my little girls are lookin healthy and strong, so im gonna stick to that same regimen until i have to change it. but anything i can help you with with your grow i would be glad to do. again, im no expert, but from one grower to another, im glad to give any assistance i can.

3. I dunno about indoor grows, but i live in florida so i can grow outdoors year round and I just harvested my first plant and i used zero nutes and it still turned out SUPER fuego. I didn't know what I was doing with the nutes so i jsut figured better safe than sorry cause i didn't wanna burn my plants to death and it worked just fine.

4. yea, if you are considering making a beer with special herbs, just look up the process of "dry hopping" and replace the hopps with your herbs;), from what i hear the already present alcohol will really extract stuff really nicely and give you that nice herbal spice. (there are things you can do before dry hopping to the herbs so that your beer doesnt get a grassy taste)

5. ya rhombus thats kinda the stance ive taken. im afraid ill end up burnin the shit outta my plants tryin to get them nuted up and so ive just left it to the girls to do their thing without it. and i am fully determined to try makin some awesome beer now. so anyway a little update, i transplanted everyone into bigger pots today. theyre lookin so far so good. pic update in a couple hours. keep tokin on tokin on:smoking:

6. my keyboard is messed up so piks...

Attached Files:

7. we need an update

8. oh i didnt think anyone was really watching so i kinda stopped updating. well unfortunately i had some major issues with my children. over a period of about a week they went from looking great to four completely shriveling up and croaking for some reason. i dont really know what happen, they just started shriveling up, and try as i might i couldnt save but one. the one remaining ive been keeping a very close eye on, and its been touch and go, but with some tlc and the addition of a new light i think shes gonna make it. she had what looked like some kind of burning on the tips of 3 leaves, that may have come from putting her in miracle grow(i know i know) and she started turning yellow a little, but i trimmed of the damaged areas and gave a solid watering tonight and im hopin shell perk up by morning. as well, i germed and planted 12 seeds from various bomb collected lately and those should be popping their heads out in the next few days. anyway, ill update a pic of my last surviving child in an hour or so.
    torched....:smoke:

9. That's a real bummer. Hope she pulls through for you man.

10. make sure youre not using any soil that contains nutes in them. dont over water it or underwater it. what kind of soil are you using?

11. thanks man, me too. so heres a pic of my little soldier. she is lookin a bit pale on her lower leaves, anyone know what this could be from? and im new, so im sure my trim is a hack job, but hopefully it will do the trick

Attached Files:

12. #32 hashbandit, Mar 8, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 8, 2009
    seriously, if anyone could help me out and tell me why my plant might be turning pale and yellow in some places, and why it might have had burns on the tips, that would be greatly appreciated. i just dont know why this is occurring and i want to help this little one survive. and also the leaves on top seem to be pointing upwards, and wont seem to flatten out, another thing im unsure of that i could use some sound advice on. thanks. bumb bump bump mofos haha:smoke:

13. hey im no expert but did you mention they were in miracle grow soil as theres alot of ppl on here that have nothing good to say about it as alot of the time it can burn you babys as it has nutes in it already, mayb this could be causing your problems (theres also plenty of ppl that have had no prob with mircle grow but more ppl seem to have trouble with it burning seedlings)

14. yea, i have 6 seedlings that are in miracle grow soil. i used spagnum peat and moss with 20-30 perlite. its perfect and all my seedlings are doing fine.:wave:

15. glad to here ur seedlings are doing fine!

16. i didnt post that comment just so i can be condescending to you . i did write the comment just to let ppl know that miracle grow works good for me so far. thanks

17. i know ur not being condescending, it is good to know ur seedlings r doing well, i think alot of ppl run into probs with seedlings as they can be so easly killed

good luck with the grow

18. well, if you need help taking care or starting up seedlings i have no problem passing on the great info. that ive learned from ppl on this forum. thanks