First Grow/ Closet Setup

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by Troy4201, Jan 28, 2017.

1. i have just started growing 3 plants and bought a mars300 light, 2 of the them have germinated but not sprouted yet. I will be posting updates on this thread and would love all the help I could get. This setup is in closet and I have a fan for vantialtion and the ph testing strips just not grow tent. Thank you

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 1
  2. You will get off to a much better start running them under some 5-6.5k cfls for the first week or two. Even at 30+ inches I've seen a lot of cooked seedlings.

Sent from my iPad using Grasscity Forum

• Like Like x 3
  3. ^ This... So much this...

• Like Like x 1
  4. Any tboughts on my 1000 watt grow 2 weeks in

Attached Files:

5. Okay

6. It looks good man. I start my seeds with a Mars 300. They're way better than CFLs. Keep it at a good distance though, 3' is good at the start. After a week you can lower it to 2' if you want, but I wouldn't go closer than that unless the plants are so big that you have no choice

Do those cups have drainage holes? Aren't you concerned of run off water soaking in to your carpet?

7. This is my first Grow so I'm going to get more supplies as I go and I'm glad my 300 is good enough, yes there holes on the bottom but I haven't watered yet too much, barely germinated yesterday, today I added a bag over the cups to help seedling grow faster. Will upload more pics later in day. Thank you

8. This is my soil

9. Right here

Attached Files:

10. Not much for now, I will plan on updating every 2 days, as for ph I'm using 6.8, no additional nutes until week 2.

Attached Files:

11. Quick update, seeds almost coming completely off, looking good.

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 1
  12. Today noticed that one of my plants has hanging leaves wanted to make sure it wasn't any deficiency

13. Here

Attached Files:

14. Current setup

Attached Files:

15. Going to start using nutes in 3 days, any advice on which ones would be best? Thanks

16. Take the bags off as soon as they break the surface as they need to have a lot of moving air

They can't get deficient at this age so if you have yellowing it will be from watering too often

I wouldn't add nutes until some of the tips of the leaves have reached out past the rim of the pot

17. I promise you that you will see much more vigorous and healthy growth if you start those under some cfls. Too much light for seedlings will stunt growth and cause various issues. Or at least back off the light as much as you can for a week or two.

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

18. New update, 2 months into veg and these are the results how do they look?

Attached Files:

19. Does nobody want to help orrrrrrr???

20. Help with what? They look fine.