First Grow - CFL closet setup

Discussion in 'Indoor Grow Journals' started by growmeinc, Feb 21, 2009.

1. Updated,

Now i have 4 26 watt daylights and 2 26 watt red spectrum lights running on my plants... I have 2 30 watt bright white lights, but im just wondering if that spectrum is good for vegging? Im sure more light couldnt hurt...but does anyone know for sure?

I keep using my Miracle Grow Oragnic nitrogen nutes adding some when i water my babies...My main plant is about 8 inches tall now but i think i want to start LSTing it

Attached Files:

2. so i think i may start to flower in a week or so...the plants over 8 inches tall, and i do have limited space in my grow box, iv began trying to lst it not sure if im doing it right lol but hopefully it will work out....pic updates tomorrow

3. theres no wrong way to LST....tie them down when they compete for light...make them even.

4. i still havent gotten the neem oil yet and fuck there are tons of these fuckers crawling around in and on my plant...its discussin....i need to get some asap

5. how many days in are you? im currently 12 days in... looks like you need some fans bro... and gotta merk those mites before they merk your plant

6. Hey, i've added 2 26 watt soft white cfl's, and just picked up a 42 watt one also. Is that bad that i have so much soft white on it? I also have 4 26 watt daylight ones on it as well....

Anyways im feeling pretty good, the spray i got grom target worked and killed all the little mites running around in my plant. As of right now i am trying to lst it and wait for a week or so to go by before i begin flowering it.

7. The daylight cfls are for vegging, the others are for flowering. I had heat issues with my grow with 3-26 watt cfls but my air circulation could use adjusting. I also had to move them away from the plant as leaves were drying up all over when they were 3" away.

8. Hey guys, looks like iv run into yet another problem....GOD DAMMIT

seems like iv just had problem after problem in this grow, but i am hoping someone can easily point out this problem. I am having drooping leaves and browning near the center part of the leaves (along the "spine" of the leaf)

Here are a few pictures...i think its probably a deficiency in one of the nutrients but i have no idea which one

Attached Files:

9. can't tell from your soil but looks kinda like underwatering to me... whens the last time you watered, how often and how much?

10. Looks like your ph is off and possibly those burnt looking spots are from nutes on the leaves. I'm no expert, but I've experienced low ph and when I drip a just watered plant on another, occasionally it kinda "burns" up the leaf it dripped on.

11. Also, what kind of soil mixture are you using? I might be wrong, but it looks to me that your soil may not have enough drainage. A soil mix of about 1/3s each of Organic Soil, Perlite, Vermiculite.

12. I am just using miracle grow organic...i didnt have any pertile or anything at the time when i transplanted it.

If it is a PH problem, i have some PH tester strips but i have a few questions
    1. do i just flush the plant with lots of water and then test the water that makes it through to the bottom?

2. How can i adjust it up or down without having to go buy the ph up or down solution?

Does anyone think its just another nutrient deficiency, i swear that the browning spots near the spine of the leaves is like a phosphorus deficiency

13. As far as testing runoff you want to water her untill yu have about 25% of the volume of water you put in runoff. I like to place my pot on a container and collect the runoff, after a bunch has runoff I toss that and test what I collect near the end.

As one of the posters said above your soil looks very dense and lacks drainage which may be an issue.

Whats the PH of the water you use?

14. I have been using just tap water, i was using distilled water before..I really think its a nute problem, has anyone else seen these brownish spots on their plants? Looking for more advice...i want to know what the problem is!

15. plant is starting to perk back up i added schultz 10-15-10 nutes to it that i got from home depot...i will post some pix in a few days, hopefully will start flowering soon once my plant fully recovers

I also am having some heat stress issues....the leaves are curling down and inward towards the plant away from the lights that are hanging above it...and the temps are always above 85... i need another fan to blow cool air in or something

16. You need to get some air circulation. Temps are about 10 degrees too high. Do you have a way for air to move warm away from the plants? I had some brown spotting and leaves drying out when I had heat issues with my grow.

17. i mean i have a little fan that i got out of my old ps2 that i hooked up that is sucking air out towards the top of my grow box, i need an intake fan aswell i think! ugh so many issues with this grow i hope it turns out alright in the end

18. A few things to consider...

1) amend the soil for drainage (perlite or vermiculite)

2) get a proper exhaust fan, and power your exhaust, not your intake

3) get a canopy-level temp probe. a digi-indoor/outdoor thermo, at target or the like.

4) chill with the nutes. your plant is DARK green, too much N.

5) test your pH, test the water going in. test the tap. test the runoff. write it down, keep track.

If you can drop your temps down to a resonable level, provide airated soil and circulation, you may be able to save her. Let's see some pics, too! Good luck :)

19. Hey guys so its officially been 2 months into veg....crazy

Anyways since iv added the schultz 10-15-10 nutes plant has stopped being droopy and is starting to perk up.

I think i def have a problem with soil drainage because the pot is still very heavy days after i flushed it with water...is there any way to just mix some pertile in there without taking the entire plant out?

Anyways as you can see in the pix there was a lot of damage done because i did not have the nutes, but the top new leaf growth looks nice and green so i feel pretty good.

Another problem is heat....my leaf tips are curling under the leave and in towards the plant...is that def from heat? i have a exhaust fan but do not have a intake hole in the bottom...probably need to do that soon

Attached Files:

20. plant it showing new healthier growth...which is good

Im just wondering how much all the browned and yellow leaves will affect the plant as it goes into flowering...anyone know?

Anyways i think i will start the 12/12 light cycle in the next few days...i want to fix my heat problem first though