First Grow, CFL (Bagseed)

Discussion in 'Marijuana Grow Journals' started by StonedImaculate, Dec 16, 2008.

1. Hey all :smoking: Thanks for stoppin in,
    I just germinated the seeds, the tails didnt sprout but I was worried if I germinated them for too long that they would drown, so I went ahead and put them in the soil.
    I spent 60 bucks the other day getting shit at the hardware store. I got...

-Miracle Grow Seed Starting Mix (Its what there in now, I realize it isnt the best by a long shot, but it was the best they had for this kinda of thing)
    -4 CFL Light bulbs, each gives off 100 watts, and 1500 lumens.
    -4 sockets for the bulbs to go in (I'm going to construct my own lighting fixture so that I can raise / lower it)
    -Copper wire to hook the shit up.
    -Little metal hooks that I'm going to use when I build my fixture.

I have 6 seeds so far, they are bagseed from some mids I have, it was the best I could find on hand, and I figure I'm most likely going to mess up somewhere, as this being my first grow, so I didnt want to risk it with any expensive exotic strains..
    Also I have a question for when I repot my plants, is miracle grow potting soil ok for weed? I tried to germinate some seeds in it before I got my seed starter mix but that went straight to hell.. lol, didn't work at all, as a matter of fact when I emptied out the cups I figured I'd take a look at the seeds since they were going out anyways.. and nothing happened at all. I'm worried that the seeds may be bad but I figure thats unlikely, since that takes a long time to happen. The reason for this is because each time I've germinated them they didnt sprout tails, but I figure its just because I waited too long.

Attached Files:

2. are you sure your lights are 100 Watts or are they something like 23W. if so i would consider beefing up the wattage for 6 plants, i ran into a similar situation with my grow.

what stain are your seeds?

3. They run on 23 watts but they emit the same as that of a 100 watt bulb, unless its lying? It also mentions on the box it kinda mimics the suns rays because of its spectrum or w/e. The strain is.. Idfk ^_^ it was just some mids I had with a bunch of seeds in it. and the reason it might look kinda sketchy in that picture is because its just a desk lamp im using to germinate the seeds with, as soon as they sprout I'm moving them into my grow room (providing I get off my lazy ass and build it in time =p)

4. ya 23W is the number you want to look at. if you want to grow all 6 you may want to get a few hundred more watts in cfls or go with hps if you have the funds. it will work with less wattage but not as well as it could.

5. Unfortunately I dont have money to go buy more lights, but I figure at least 2 will be end up being males which I can just take out, and maybe a few wont sprout at all.. So I'm hoping to end up with at least 2 or 3 females, which these lights should cover. I hope =p