First Grow, Cali Orange and Skunk #1 closet

Discussion in 'Marijuana Grow Journals' started by budrandbizkitz, Nov 19, 2007.

1. I figured i would start my grow log now to get a little input before the seeds arrive. I ordered cali orange and skunk 1 from dutch passion about a week ago and they should be arriving any day. I will be growing indoor in organic soil under flouros for veg and later switching to either 1 or 2 250 watt hps depending on female turnout. I already made the mistake of ordering only 2 250 watt bulbs for 20 dollars a piece without realizing i needed a ballast to operate them. I ordered my ballast and i was wondering if i will need a seperate ballast for both bulbs. Pics will be posted as soon as i plant the seedlings. I am planning on growing 3-5 females.
    Any help would be appreciated, Wish me luck

2. awsome strains too mang cant wait to see the journal how much where the cali orange seeds ?

3. Okay so i got my seeds along with a 5 pack of freebies, menage a trois from MOD. Im excited and have heard great things about these. I have planted about 10 in soil and have 8 sprouts so far. I got too anxious and threw some in the soil forgetting to which ones i actually put in, so its gonna be somewhat of a mystery grow. Wish me luck, heres a few pics of the seedlings
    O yea i planted a couple in the same pot thinking only one would grow but they both popped up, i know its not good but im okay for now ill see which one is healthier before disposing or transplanting.

4. good luck man ill be watchin this one

5. Okay so i went out of town for 2 1/2 days and i come back today and the stretching was unbelievable. I really didnt think they were that far from the light, but i think the problem was the light itself. So i returned it and went and picked up 6 cfls, i didnt take any pictures of the stretching before i buried them a little deeper. Heres some new pics. Anyone have any idea about the yellow plant?It is kind of hard to tell but it is a very pale yellow, purple stem plant. the rest are perfectly green and doing great, im keeping the yellow baby alive to see if it shapes up before i take it out of the pot with the other one. Maybe genetics? doubt it

6. coming along snazzy how close are the lights?
    what kind of soil are they in, sorry if you already posted that

7. Looking good my man.

-Pulling up a chair

8. Umm the lights are a good distance now, about 2 to 3 inches away, not too hot but not too far away for anymore stretching. The soil is a mix of 1 part perlite, 2 parts scotts soil, very low npk levels, .03 .04 .01 or somethin like that, and 1 part peat moss mixture. The medium seems to be fine, a good consistency, and retains moisture pretty good, with great drainage. Once i weed out the males and transplant them to their final home in 3 or 5 gallon pots, im thinking of switchin to fox farms because i found a hydro store that sells them along with other nutrients about a half hour away. Good idea or am i fine with what i got. Im gonna order my HPS tomorrow, probably going with a 250 watter but possibly a 400. Im hoping for 3 to 6 females, no more and hopefully no less. My humidity is running at a steady 53%-55% and temps between 75 and 80 f.

9. Stretchy.jpg

CIMG1912.jpg

CIMG1916.jpg

CIMG1913.jpg

Just a few pics from today, coming along a little too nicely. I watered earlier, thats the reason for some of the droopy leaves. Can anyone tell the difference in strains yet, i can definetly tell some of the differences but i cannot tell which is which, Cali O i think is the lighter green, skunk #1 the darker bigger ones, and the menage a trois the sorta deformed ones.

10. Looks good bro, Cali O is one of my all time favorites![​IMG] Sounds like you got every thing else you are going to need except Ventilation??? Have you looked into any intake and exuast fans??? That is an important factor in closet growing letting out old air and bringing in new air often. And you might want strip out the closet, remove all clothes and brackets and bars used to hang clothes, vacuum the area well and spray the whole closet down with a 50/50 bleach water solution to sanitize the area and prevent pests and diseases that may effect your plants health. And go with the 400 watt this will be better to grow 3-6 plants at a time and save you money later when you may need more light if you use a 250 watt plus the less stuff you have plugged in the safer ti is. Oh... one more thing try not to over water your seedlings keeping the soil to wet will slow root growth and cause stunted deformed plants so let them dry out for a least 2- 3 days before watering again your pots are more than big enough to hold effecient moisture for 3 days or more. But so far so good, I will be following your project so keep us updated! ok see ya later.....

11. hahahahhahaha i used to hang lights just like that! +rep.

12. hey,
    those CFL's look like more in the 2500-3000k??
    more like warm white.
    if so, think about switching to some daylight bulbs which are up in
    the 5500-6500k(kelvin).
    they would grow more foliage and secondary foliage creating more tops from the blue spectrum.
    nice little room tho.:smoke:

13. I think theyre good, theyre the ones from walmart that are 26 watts, equal to 100 watts. Arent those fine for vegetative growth? If not where can i get the other ones. Im gonna use the cfls for flowering in the undergrowth in combination with my 250 watt hps above the plants. i hope im okay for now. heres a quick update.

14. CIMG1934.jpg

CIMG1929.jpg

CIMG1927.jpg

CIMG1926.jpg

Ive got fresh air blowing on them constantly and they seem to like it, the stems are already getting stronger everyday, but could this be a stress on the plants that later results in males or hermies? I hope not.

15. well yea those are actually warm white.i bet
    and if you would transplant i bet your plants are rootbound even for how tall they are..
    they will be alright, its just the spectrum encouraging either root or flower growth when it
    should be focusing on foliage growth...it wont be as good as it could have been.
    you can get those bulbs at home depot, they have the best selection.
    remember if your going to do that to get DAYLIGHT CFL's or CFL's with around 4500-6500 kelvin.
    The light is almost blue and as you notice the light coming off of yours is closer to red/orange...thats better for flowering so they will help when putting them on the sides along with your 250 hps.

Also the fan is good, not bad.
    it wont stress them to turn male/hermie.
    just make the stem and sideshoots stronger.

16. thanks for the tips. I know theyre not rootbound and wont be for a while. these are the pots they started in and theyre 6 inches across, probably should have started smaller but hey theyre fine for now. When i begin to flower is when i will transplant into their final home, probably somewhere around new years. Yea these for some reason seem awfully big for just over a week old, also, the leaves are a lush green but seem to be deformed. kinda like the wind is making them have a wrinkly look

17. lookin sweet man.. good strains