First grow - Cabinet + Bagseed

Discussion in 'Indoor Grow Journals' started by BobtheGreen, Jan 30, 2013.

1. #1 BobtheGreen, Jan 30, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 30, 2013
    Hey GC

I'm pretty new around here though I have been lurking for a couple of weeks doing research and I have now started my own personal grow.
    I will be using the cabinet below. I have yet to clean it and to a few modifications but should get around to that tonight after work. The flower room will be 2.9ft wide, 1.6 deep, 4 high and veg(lower cabinet) 2.9ft wide, 1.6 deep, 1.8 high.
    IMAG0041.jpg
    IMAG0040.jpg

I have a 165W LED 7 spectrum grow light coming in from the states sometime this week and I have been thinking of adding 2 bar fluros for side lighting down the track.
    I'm planning on using SIP pots. From what I have read I should use roughtly 3-4 gallon pots for 3-4ft of growth, correct?
    I've also got:
    >small oscillating fan
    > basic pc fan exhaust/ventilation
    >I will be building a carbon filter sometime in the next few weeks as I dont need it just yet and I'm busy
    >organic soil: peat moss, perlite, organic dynamic lifter

Due to extended time in the rain, by the time I had gotten home the seeds I had bought had been wet for several hours so I germinated them ahead of schedule, hence why my cabinet and lights arnt ready. Out of 12 bag seed 7 germinated and I currently have them potted in my soil in paper party cups.
    Today I also received my order from demonseeds of: 2 x Blue cheese fem, 2 x white dwarf autofems and 3 x white widow x BB. Good times and no issues with mailing to oz.
    I plan on running this bag seed first then if all goes well with these I will start the white dwarf. Otherwise, its a short trip to nimbin and seeds there are cheap and I will use those to learn on rather than the more expensive beans.
    IMAG0043.jpg
    Germ'd 28/1/13

A few questions about high humidity/temp environments. How good is a cabinet on its own with circulating air at keeping temp/humidity at a preferred level? The temps inside my house are generally fairly ok but can get to 30C in summer and maybe 20C in winter. Is this something I should look into controlling more?

I plan on posting regular updates and all help would be appreciated. I will only organic products and growing methods and should have my compost/worm farm up and running in a few months time for some happy plants.

Bye everybody

2. Ok so an update.
    These guys have had it rough. I'm not even sure if they are going to make it. Its been a couple of days after planting the germinated seeds under roughly 1cm of soil and there hasnt been much activity other than the 2 that have only slightly broken the soil.
    These 2 seem to have some sort of browning on them which I am worried about. Can anyone help me out?
    IMAG0045.jpg

IMAG0046.jpg

I have also noticed a fungus like growth on the soil. We have had massive amounts of rain and flooding in the past few days so there has been alot of moisture in the air which would help along mold and fungus. Add to that its now 30C outside drying everything out and we will probably have high humidity for awhile longer.
    IMAG0047.jpg
    Should I be worried about this growth?
    I am prepared to scrap this lot if the general consensus is that they are screwed. I would rather start 1 of my white dwarf autos and concentrate on learning with her than wasting time on dead plants. At this point everything is a learning exercise and small yields dont bother me while I get the basics down.
    Have fun all