First Grow Boys!! Start-Finish!! W/Pics

Discussion in 'Indoor Grow Journals' started by socalflowergirl, Jul 16, 2012.

1. HELLO GRASSCITY COMMUNITY!![​IMG]

I'M BAAAAAAAAACK! I HAVE BEEN SOOOOO BUSY LATELY BETWEEN WORK AND SETTING EVERYTHING UP! BUT I DID IT!!! I DECIDED TO GO WITH A 600w AIR COOLED HOOD INSTEAD OF THE 400 w AND HAVE ADDED 2 PLANTS TO THE GROW BRINGING THE TOTAL OF THE GROW TO 6 PLANTS. MY 6 BABY HEROJUANA OG CLONES! THE CLONES WERE ABOUT 10-14 DAYS OLD. I GOT MY CLONES A WEEK AGO AND THE ROOTS ARE ALREADY SPROUTING THROUGH THE BOTTOM OF THE NETPOTS!!

I HAVE RECENTLY, AS OF DAY 5, FILLED EACH OF THE BUCKETS WITH PH'D WATER. THE WATER IS FILLED 1 INCH FROM THE BOTTOM OF THE NETPOTS. MY AIR STONE IS FLOATING [​IMG] FLOATING [​IMG] FLOATING [​IMG] (HOW WILL I EVER GET THE AIRSTONES TO STAY DOWN?!?!) AT THE TOP OF THE WATER SO THE WATER BUBBLES ARE SPLASHING THE NETPOTS. IS THIS OK? I WATER WITHIN THE HOUR AFTER THEY WAKE UP.

I HAVE BEEN HAND FEEDING THE PLANTS SINCE I GOT THEM, MINUS DAY 1. DAY 2 OF HAVING THE CLONES THEY RECEIVED 4 OUNCES OF WATER EACH. DAY 3 THEY RECEIVED 30-40ml. DAY 4-5 THEY GOT 40-50ml EACH. DAY 6 I WATERED EACH 50-55ml EACH. THE WATER HAS BEEN BETWEEN 5.8-6.3 PH FOR THE FIRST WEEK AND I AM NOW READY TO GIVE THESE BABIES SOME NUTES! TODAY MAKES DAY 7 AND I PLAN ON ADDING A LOW DOSE OF NUTES TO THE PH'D HAND FEEDING WATER. IS THIS OK?

I HAVE HAD AN ISSUE WITH HEAT SINCE IT HAS BEEN QUITE HOT LATELY. THE TEMPERATURE IS ABOUT 70-78 AT NIGHT AND 78-86 DURING THE DAY. I AM RUNNING A 19/5 LIGHT SCHEDULE, TURNING THEM OFF BETWEEN 12:30PM TO 5:30PM DURING THE DAY SINCE THAT'S THE HOTTEST PART OF THE DAY. DOES ANYONE HAVE ANY SUGGESTIONS ON HOW TO KEEP THE HEAT DOWN IN THE TENT/BEDROOM? RIGHT NOW I HAVE THEM DUCTING OUT THE WINDOW ABOVE A FAN THAT RESTS BELOW THE DUCT WHICH BRINGS FRESH AIR IN.

I WAS ALSO WONDERING IF ANYONE HAD ANY RECOMMENDATION ON WHAT TO USE FOR NUTES!? I HAVE FLORAMICRO AND FLORA BLOOM AND I WAS PLANNING ON USING LUCAS FORMULA, DOES ANYONE HAVE ANY TIPS ON WHAT TO USE FOR VEG AND WHAT TO USE FOR FLOWERING? ANY INPUT WOULD HELP A LOT!

PS: A FEW OF THE TIPS OF THE LEAVES CURL DOWN SOMETIMES THEN OTHERS WILL CURL UP(MOSTLY THE SMALLER BRAND NEW LEAVES).. ANY IDEA BOYS?

I CANT SEEM TO GET MY PICS TO UPLOAD ON THIS PAGE.. ARGGG... HERE IS THE LINK TO WHERE YOU CAN SEE THEM AT THO..

http://forum.grasscity.com/photopost...&ppuser=541845

THANKS A BUNCH GUYS!!! HOPE TO SEE SOME FRIENDLY FACES SOON!!![​IMG]

2. HELLOOO EVERYBODY!!

I'm back with an update! I have had some issues with my grow unfortunately :( :(. I gave them nutes for the first time and it was too acidic so I had to change out the water and just give it PH water. I also had an issue keeping the air stone down so i used a metal mesh strainer which rusted while it was in the bucket. Yeah, i know, silly me :/. The water was a yellowish orange when i dumped it out and then two of my plants roots turned yellow which I added a picture of to this post. It's kind of hard to see the yellow color in the photos but it a similar yellow to the smiley faces on this website lolol. Do you guys think its ROOT ROT or do u think they are stained because of the rust in the water? If it is ROOT ROT, what should i do?!?!?! I started saturday doing 4ML micro and 8ML bloom of GH nutes. Do you think this is okay or should I be giving them more or less? I have been topping them off with water with the same level of nutes everyday about 60-70 ML of nute water per Plant and checking the PPMs which have barely been rising around 550 PPM per bucket. They were in between 480-520 when I first did them. I also have a burnt tip on one Leaf and a burn mark on another two different plants. I have attached pictures of those as well so any feed back on any of this stuff would help me a lot. This first grow can be overwhelming and I don't want to be over analyzing or under analyzing and do something drastic and kill off my whole grow, so any help would be AMAZING! :)

thank you everyone!!!! =)=)=)

PICTURE LINKS! LOOK HERE!!!!!!!!!
    photo_5_5 - Marijuana Pictures, Photos & Videos - Grasscity.com Media Gallery
    photo_4_6 - Marijuana Pictures, Photos & Videos - Grasscity.com Media Gallery
    photo_3_7 - Marijuana Pictures, Photos & Videos - Grasscity.com Media Gallery
    photo_7_4 - Marijuana Pictures, Photos & Videos - Grasscity.com Media Gallery
    photo_6_2 - Marijuana Pictures, Photos & Videos - Grasscity.com Media Gallery
    IMG_2744 - Marijuana Pictures, Photos & Videos - Grasscity.com Media Gallery