First grow boys! Start-finish!! W/pics

Discussion in 'Hydroponic Grow Journals' started by socalflowergirl, Jul 16, 2012.

1. HELLO GRASSCITY COMMUNITY!![​IMG]

I'M BAAAAAAAAACK! I HAVE BEEN SOOOOO BUSY LATELY BETWEEN WORK AND SETTING EVERYTHING UP! BUT I DID IT!!! I DECIDED TO GO WITH A 600w AIR COOLED HOOD INSTEAD OF THE 400 w AND HAVE ADDED 2 PLANTS TO THE GROW BRINGING THE TOTAL OF THE GROW TO 6 PLANTS. MY 6 BABY HEROJUANA OG CLONES! THE CLONES WERE ABOUT 10-14 DAYS OLD. I GOT MY CLONES A WEEK AGO AND THE ROOTS ARE ALREADY SPROUTING THROUGH THE BOTTOM OF THE NETPOTS!!

I HAVE RECENTLY, AS OF DAY 5, FILLED EACH OF THE BUCKETS WITH PH'D WATER. THE WATER IS FILLED 1 INCH FROM THE BOTTOM OF THE NETPOTS. MY AIR STONE IS FLOATING [​IMG] FLOATING [​IMG] FLOATING [​IMG] (HOW WILL I EVER GET THE AIRSTONES TO STAY DOWN?!?!) AT THE TOP OF THE WATER SO THE WATER BUBBLES ARE SPLASHING THE NETPOTS. IS THIS OK? I WATER WITHIN THE HOUR AFTER THEY WAKE UP.

I HAVE BEEN HAND FEEDING THE PLANTS SINCE I GOT THEM, MINUS DAY 1. DAY 2 OF HAVING THE CLONES THEY RECEIVED 4 OUNCES OF WATER EACH. DAY 3 THEY RECEIVED 30-40ml. DAY 4-5 THEY GOT 40-50ml EACH. DAY 6 I WATERED EACH 50-55ml EACH. THE WATER HAS BEEN BETWEEN 5.8-6.3 PH FOR THE FIRST WEEK AND I AM NOW READY TO GIVE THESE BABIES SOME NUTES! TODAY MAKES DAY 7 AND I PLAN ON ADDING A LOW DOSE OF NUTES TO THE PH'D HAND FEEDING WATER. IS THIS OK?

I HAVE HAD AN ISSUE WITH HEAT SINCE IT HAS BEEN QUITE HOT LATELY. THE TEMPERATURE IS ABOUT 70-78 AT NIGHT AND 78-86 DURING THE DAY. I AM RUNNING A 19/5 LIGHT SCHEDULE, TURNING THEM OFF BETWEEN 12:30PM TO 5:30PM DURING THE DAY SINCE THAT'S THE HOTTEST PART OF THE DAY. DOES ANYONE HAVE ANY SUGGESTIONS ON HOW TO KEEP THE HEAT DOWN IN THE TENT/BEDROOM? RIGHT NOW I HAVE THEM DUCTING OUT THE WINDOW ABOVE A FAN THAT RESTS BELOW THE DUCT WHICH BRINGS FRESH AIR IN.

I WAS ALSO WONDERING IF ANYONE HAD ANY RECOMMENDATION ON WHAT TO USE FOR NUTES!? I HAVE FLORAMICRO AND FLORA BLOOM AND I WAS PLANNING ON USING LUCAS FORMULA, DOES ANYONE HAVE ANY TIPS ON WHAT TO USE FOR VEG AND WHAT TO USE FOR FLOWERING? ANY INPUT WOULD HELP A LOT!

PS: A FEW OF THE TIPS OF THE LEAVES CURL DOWN SOMETIMES THEN OTHERS WILL CURL UP(MOSTLY THE SMALLER BRAND NEW LEAVES).. ANY IDEA BOYS?

I CANT SEEM TO GET MY PICS TO UPLOAD ON THIS PAGE.. ARGGG... HERE IS THE LINK TO WHERE YOU CAN SEE THEM AT THO..

http://forum.grasscity.com/photopost...&ppuser=541845

THANKS A BUNCH GUYS!!! HOPE TO SEE SOME FRIENDLY FACES SOON!!![​IMG]

2. Try fishing weights to hold down the air stones. The lucas formula calls for 8-16 micro - bloom the entire way through which makes it super easy: just measure and mix using RO or distilled water, the pH should come out perfect every time (still check to be sure though).

3. I'm no expert but I have read lots of goods about the Lucas formula :)
    I'm actually doing my first grow right now using lucas n she seems to love it
    If ur using a metal halide use a smaller dosage when vegging 5/10 unless u have cfls u can go all the way 8/16 till u harvest
    I also use hydrogen peroxide 3% 15ml per gallon n it seems to keep the ph in check :)
    Hope this helps

4. 2modern, you have it backwards. The 8/16 is for stronger lights (HPS/MH)
    The plants can take in more nutrient and put them to use under the higher powered lights.

5. [quote name='"idrownedelian"']2modern, you have it backwards. The 8/16 is for stronger lights (HPS/MH)
    The plants can take in more nutrient and put them to use under the higher powered lights.[/quote]

Yeah I was wondering about that when I had read it in another thread , but what do I know I'm a newbie so i believed it
    but thanks for letting me know , I think I need to go change my water again since I decided to go 8/16 under cfls

6. HELLOOO EVERYBODY!!

I'm back with an update! I have had some issues with my grow unfortunately :( :(. I gave them nutes for the first time and it was too acidic so I had to change out the water and just give it PH water. I also had an issue keeping the air stone down so i used a metal mesh strainer which rusted while it was in the bucket. Yeah, i know, silly me :/. The water was a yellowish orange when i dumped it out and then two of my plants roots turned yellow which I added a picture of to this post. It's kind of hard to see the yellow color in the photos but it a similar yellow to the smiley faces on this website lolol. Do you guys think its ROOT ROT or do u think they are stained because of the rust in the water? If it is ROOT ROT, what should i do?!?!?! I started saturday doing 4ML micro and 8ML bloom of GH nutes. Do you think this is okay or should I be giving them more or less? I have been topping them off with water with the same level of nutes everyday about 60-70 ML of nute water per Plant and checking the PPMs which have barely been rising around 550 PPM per bucket. They were in between 480-520 when I first did them. I also have a burnt tip on one Leaf and a burn mark on another two different plants. I have attached pictures of those as well so any feed back on any of this stuff would help me a lot. This first grow can be overwhelming and I don't want to be over analyzing or under analyzing and do something drastic and kill off my whole grow, so any help would be AMAZING! :)

thank you everyone!!!! =)=)=)

PICTURE LINKS! LOOK HERE!!!!!!!!!
    photo_5_5 - Marijuana Pictures, Photos & Videos - Grasscity.com Media Gallery
    photo_4_6 - Marijuana Pictures, Photos & Videos - Grasscity.com Media Gallery
    photo_3_7 - Marijuana Pictures, Photos & Videos - Grasscity.com Media Gallery
    photo_7_4 - Marijuana Pictures, Photos & Videos - Grasscity.com Media Gallery
    photo_6_2 - Marijuana Pictures, Photos & Videos - Grasscity.com Media Gallery
    IMG_2744 - Marijuana Pictures, Photos & Videos - Grasscity.com Media Gallery

7. :wave:

Pictures with a white background would be much better for the root pics.

But your leaves are fine. and your roots are growing well.

8. Perhaps you should start with soil, way less forgiving and really easy. :)

Roots Organic with some kelp meal will last you from the start of flower to finished.

Hope your herijuana clones made it, thats a really bomb strain.