First Grow -Bagseeds

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by draco44414, Jun 4, 2013.

1. As much as I'd like it to

Sent from my LG-P505CH using Grasscity Forum mobile app

2. how long does it usually take to get their 2nd set of leaves?
    :yummy:

3. Sent from my LG-P505CH using Grasscity Forum mobile app

Attached Files:

4. how are they looking? they dont seem to be growing anyway but up.im 8 days in sence i planted them and from what i have been seeing they should be looking fuller then mine. is there anyway i can make my roots stronger so i can move them outside without constantly worrying that they broke or died or anything? and how long should i wait to put them outside?
    Thanks

5. i also have a pc grow box that i am debating using with 1 plant. im not sure if the setup in it is good enough tho. i only have 1 cfl in it and 1 intake fan and 1 exhaust. i think i can keep the temp under controll im just not sure if it will be enough light

6. #26 azmmj480, Jun 10, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 10, 2013
    They look fine! If anything you can start giving them nutrients at 1/4 strength once a week when they are 10-14 days old. That will help with the roots n more.. Now when the get to be 16"-22" tall that's when I would take them outside. But I'm not an outside grower!! Now with the CFLs. What watt is it try to fit 2x 90's or 1x 125 watts.. but really if it's the right color spectrum of light then u r good

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

7. thanks. i wasnt sure becuase on 1 of them the leaves are drooping..too much water? they are about 6-8 inches tall so far with only the one set of leaves. i just tried a little bit of LST. i tied it to the side of my container..not really sure if it will help or do anything but who knows. im excited to see the second set of leaves pop out but i thought they should be out by now

8. Since they are still so young, its gonna take some time before they start to take off growing. After the first true set of leaves is developed, the plant goes back to root growth. Hence the slow growing time and nothing being "seen" as growing. With each new set of leaves, the plant intakes the sun/lighting and start to develope more roots. Since there isnt many leaves on it yet, it will go back n forth.. Leaves, then roots, then more leaves, then more roots. Eventually once u have about 4-5 nodes of leaves, it will do both at the same time. New growth + root growth.

Do not use any ferts on them yet. The best "baby nutes" to use on seedlings is worm castings (aka EWC) It will supply enough nitrogen to help progression of the seedling along without any risk of nute lock or burning the seedling. Cant tell what your soil looks like but u need to add some perlite to that soil to aerate/loosen the soil. This is a MUST. You can use MG perlite, since it is readily available, but i recommend washing the shit before you use it. You dont want the nutes they spray it with to kill your plants. Easiest way to add it to your current soil is to transplant your seedlings into different cups and add it in. Your cups did not look like they were filled to the top with soil. So make new cups, put the perlite in the bottom of the cup, and when u transplant, cut your cup in half, from top to bottom into 2 pieces. Hold one of the pieces in your left hand, and take the other side off. Youll be left holding half of a cup, with your plant + soil in it. Then switch it into your right hand removing the cup from the other side. Do this when your soil is DRY. Wet soil will fall apart easier. Once you put it into your new cup of Perlite + soil mix, you can use your seedling "plug" and mix some of the edges of it with just perlite to add some aeration to it.

9. thanks! should i wait to add the perlite and better soil till i am transplanting to a bigger pot when it is about 14-16 days old? i think that would be better becuause i would only have to transplant once insted of twice

10. my bad i didnt realize u told me how to add it to my current soil. it should be alright with that soil for a few days tho right? i dont have the money at the moment to go buy soil and perlite. i think i am going to get the worm castings and bone and blodd meal as well. but i read that bone and blood meal might attract animals. im not really going for quality or quantity of bud. dont mind spending some money on it just not alot..but if it works out this time i will do some experimenting :smoking:

11. is it possible to like..over handle the cups the plants are in?

12. Mine started off really slow but after about 2weeks from planting the seed they began to grow quite quick plus nutes wise I've found tomato nutes work great if your on a budget or struggle to get anything else as weed and tomato come from the same family of plants and their needs are pretty much the same

As far as adding the nutes I waited till the end of the second set (3fingers) leaves and the start of the third set at a 1/4 strength but only fed once and just used water for 2 feeds afterwards then the next nute feed was 1/2 strength then 2 more pure water feeds then a 1/2 strength nute feed. I'm not planning on going full strength on nutes till second nute feed in flowering though, but it all depends on your plant and how hungry it is. Let your plants talk to you and you really can't go wrong.

if we all had a smoke, we wouldn't need war

13. Oh as far as handling the cup I wouldn't imagine it to be bad as it would make your plants grow stronger stems. Almost the same as if they were being blown by wind or fans.

14. I was thinking and it gets fairly cold outside at night where I live..at what temperature should I start to worry about it being too cold?

Sent from my LG-P505CH using Grasscity Forum mobile app

15. Different strains can take different temps I'm not to sure though but i would say try for around low 80s in the day no more than about 85-86 and for night no lower than around 74-75 but if you aim for a constant 79-81 you'll be good.
    Censius wise
    23c night
    29c day
    But a constant 26c is good

16. Below 40f is normally a time to get worried. Mine have made it into the 30's without problems but only temp. and not for long amounts of time

No not really, unless your dropping them and shit. Only thing that really hurts them, handling wise, is when u mess around near the roots of the plant. Dont hurt the roots, you wont hurt the plants.

You dont want to wait until flowering til add nutes.. lol Your plants would probably die before then from lack of nitrogen.

Bone + Blood meal outside = your holes dug the fuck up. Chicken wire over the hole will stop most animals from digging them up. You normally would put it in your hole and allow it to cook for a month or so. You dont have time to do that for now. Try alfalfa and Kelp instead.

17. You dont want to wait until flowering til add nutes.. lol Your plants would probably die before then from lack of nitrogen.

Don't want to offend you, but, by putting this it really made me feel like you didn't read what I actually wrote. I started my nutes from the first set of true leaves, the ones after the embryo leave. And i started at quarter strength so I didn't burn the plant. Then 2 normal watering, then I upped my nutes to half strength. I will keep at half strength nutes and 2 normal water feed till I get to flowering at which point I will do 1 half strength then full strength there after. I have really a really healthy plant that shows no sign of any nute burn or deficiency and my watering schedule is working for my plant. As i said listen to your plant and let it tell you how hungry it is.

18. bozie are u indoor or out?

19. Also u must be careful adding nutes that soon on a seedling, will normally lead to nute lock before to long..

20. I'm indoor and that's why I'm only doing 1 nutes feed in 3 feeds but I was thinking about doing a soil flush just before I turn to flower.