First Grow Bagseed Harvest - 250w HPS

Discussion in 'Harvesting and Processing Marijuana' started by icetohot, Apr 14, 2009.

1. #1 icetohot, Apr 14, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 14, 2009
    My first grow has finally came to an end. My roommate and I harvested 4 plants. They had a total wet weight of nearly 1 pound, which will probably come to about a QP of dried cured buds.

These pictures are of my plant grown from not very good bagseed (looked terrible, probably badly/commercially grown. My plant was vegged under CFLs and flowered under a 250w HPS. You can check out my grow journal to see itss progress from day 1. I named it "BS #2".

My Grow Journal (no harvest pics of "Lump")
    My Roomates Grow Journal - Harvest pics (2 lemony Northern Lights x Skunk plants)

This plant became pollinated by a hermi plant that was in with it and therefore has a decent number of seeds in some of the nugs. The nugs are very dense, incredibly sticky and smell of sweet molasses (I fed the last watering).

Pics >>>>>>>

Check out "BS #2"
    [​IMG]

Main Cola
    [​IMG]
    Main Cola Trimmed - 25 grams wet
    [​IMG]
    Bud Shot
    [​IMG]
    Bud Shot 2
    [​IMG]
    Bud Shot 3
    [​IMG]
    Trimmed Nug
    [​IMG]
    The Whole Plant Trimmed Up
    [​IMG]

Final wet weight was 115 grams, any guesses for dry weight? :wave:

2. Nicely done man! Looks like some kick ass bagseed :smoking:

3. #3 crispypants, Apr 14, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 14, 2009
    did you trim the fan leaves off? that's a weird looking plant!

edit: nevermind, i took a look at your grow thread and it seems like you did.

how'd you get it to grow like that? i thought there was supposed to be a main stem where other branches shoot off from or something.

4. looks dankalicious, are those seed spots? the mids we get around here have the yellowish white pod area where a seeds gonna be creepin.

5. way you trimmed it looks like you might be thinking of re vegging it :p and clone possibly :p

6. Congratulations man! I remember being where you were less then 6 months ago. The best advice I can give is take your dry/cure process very seriously and elongate it. My dry/cure process lasted almost a month, and I thank myself every day for doing it properly :smoking:

If you don't already have one, you should combine your nice homegrown with a vaporizer. It is a great way to conserve bud. Between the dank-awesomeness of homegrown and a vaporizer that shit will last you forever.

Good luck to you :D

7. +rep for juicy buds

8. Gives me some hope bout to start some bag seed myslef i have some good genetics coming but I want to test my hand at growing It's been a few years

9. I'm pretty sure that's how all marijuana plants are supposed to look. I just grew it normally.

Thanks, I can't wait to try it. I squeezed some of it today and this stuff is like a sticky resiny sponge :) Those are seeds spots but I think some of the nugs are seed free.

Good call, I am planning on revegging this plant along with two of its seeds which were pollinated by a G13 Labs Northern Lights x Skunk feminized hermi.

Thanks, I've come a long way since I first decided I wanted to try my hand at growing. Thanks to Grasscity and Overgrow for all the information I needed.:wave: As for drying, we are air curing our 4 plants at 70-75 degrees 30%-40% humidity until the stems crack. Then we will be jarring them up and waiting for that smooth toke. I definitely will recommend flavoring the buds with extracts or molasses, they smell delicious.

Definitely will be vaping a good amount of these buds. The vapor brothers vaporizer is amazing, a great buy at $150.:smoking:
    I would definitely recommend bagseed for your first grow. You don't want to lose any of those expensive seeds seedlings. We managed 2 females 1 hermi 1 male out of our 5 NLxSkunk seeds and 5 power skunk. Good luck growing its a fun,addictive, and rewarding hobby :eek:

Thanks! I can't wait to grow more of it :hello:

10. yeah it does get addictive, like you cannot wait to get home after work to play warcrack, instead I rush to check my ladies.

11. I love looking at plants, Those look so dank and juicy...... JUICY

YUMMMY

-BH

12. that plant there is a hermie, there are nanners all over it

13. I think it might have hermied late in flower there are a few bananas in the bud but no pollen sacks on the main stem.

14. a few of them? i see them all over the place. those will burst and release pollen in just a few days. im not saying that the seeds from it came from that plant to say, but if you had more than one plant in there that are different ages i can see that plant being a major problem. as far as cloning goes that is, it was more in response to the people who were talking about cloning to carry on the genetics.

good looking plant though, the bud does look to be dank as fuck

15. Don't feel bad, this same exact thing happened to me, just as you described it. It didn't effect the final product at all :smoking:

GREAT! PERFECT! Good plan :D

That's what I did, it worked out awesome :cool:

16. Good job man:cool:

17. Well I havee 22 little sprouts here at my house and another 30 at my in-laws out side i have anither 20 here inside that are just breaking the soil when there is somthing more to look at i'll post you folks some pics

18. Good lord :eek:

Also, your in-laws must be some cool-ass stoners :smoking:

19. Man that is sick. Your thread made me want to start growing so +rep.

What was the height of your plant (with the pot [pot and is soil, lol]) at your first harvest?