First Grow AutoFlowering

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by smoov75, Jun 26, 2012.

1. Pineapple Kush auto flowering Plants are two months old, and no signs of buds. They are over two feet tall and have a lot of leaves big and small. I have them under flourescents 18 and 6 light cycle and was planning to invest on a 400watt light for harvest. Now not sure if its safe to make investment on light because plant might me a dud. '

When shoud I see buds?
    Why so many leaves and branches? (they look healthy)
    Can I force them to bud?

2. Flip your lights to 12/12 and they should start to bud, they should have started a month ago if they are autos.

What breeder are those from? Some have better reps than others and it isnt uncommon to hear of autos taking after the photo side of the family and not auto budding. I hope your ready for some tall plants. At two foot before flower, those could easily get 4ft to 6ft.

3. Marijuana-Seeds Netherlands: breeder

Im comfused, the plants are two feet tall and have fan leaves and many other leaves all over. What I dont see is the buds with tricomes and such. Im a newbie so sorry for the confusion

4. [quote name='"smoov75"']Marijuana-Seeds Netherlands: breeder

Im comfused, the plants are two feet tall and have fan leaves and many other leaves all over. What I dont see is the buds with tricomes and such. Im a newbie so sorry for the confusion[/quote]
    Hieghth has nothing to do with flowering. As I said, autos should have began budding a month ago at least. You would see bud growth by now if they were flowering. Post a pic if you can, but it sounds like your auto didnt auto.

5. This is what I have

Attached Files:

• PK.jpg
      PK.jpg
      File size:
      123.5 KB
      Views:
  6. Im on my phone so the pics arent the best, but I dont see a single sign of flowering. I would flipto 12/12 asap and plan on doing some lst to deal with the height. They will usually strech two to three times the size in flower.

7. Thanks for the advise bro!

Should I invest in a 400watt light?

nutes are 3-2-4

8. they are about to start flowering. notice how the nodes are now segmented as opposed to a-symetrical? thats a sure sign of flower onset, an outdoor grower will spot that right off ;), one thing to remember is that the ruderalis family of cannabis is notoriously low in THC and other psychoactive cannibinoids, so the more dankness that is bred into an autoflower, the more photo-trigger genes are being bred into the auto, increase in dankness.. decrease in auto-ability. another way to really get a jump start on flower is to give it a good heavy flower feeding, some strains like black cherry soda which are photo-triggered into flowering can autoflower if given too many nutrients , black cherry soda actually wants to auto flower when tossed into super soil, which ended up costing genetic lines, as Sub wont do feminized seeds, once the mother of BCS flowered beyond cloning stages.. it flowered itself into extinction which led to the loss of its decendant strains Plushberry and Ace Of Spades

Ccoastal

9. You have unfortunately chosen an auto that doesn't have true auto flowering traits. It's down to breeder error, not being stable. There are a good few breeders that claim there seeds are full autos but the truth is there not. It's not the end of the world tho you will just have to treat it like a standard strain and flip your light cycle until they start flowering, when they do you can change light cycle back...

10. 1. pineapple kush is not auto pineapple express is auto
    2. auto flower plants finish is a certain amount of time i.e. 60 days 75 days etc no matter the light schedule
    3. u need to get seeds from good breeders g13 labs barneys farm etc
    4. 400w bulb would help u get large colas

11. i agree with bongboi, cept because of my standings i would have to throw TGA buddies in there hehe, theres a couple pineapple express out there, one is auto but theres one that isnt, i think its a pine chunk cross

Ccoastal

12. I have to throw paradise seeds into the mix.. Quality breeders of stable auto's...

13. i havent grown anything from paradise that i know of, but i tend to lean toward regular photo-strains lol what of paradises have you had? i almost forgot my buddy professor P over at dynasty seeds, they are still small but they do good work, i have Blue Magoo often which is one of their breeding blocks for Mt Hood Huckleberry and a couple others, Caramel Candy Kush and Mochalope are a couple Dynasty that are on my to-do list. right now i have Pandoras Box, SpaceDawg and Qush that sub sent me back in march, im loving them 110%!

Ccoastal

14. [quote name='"BestCoastalDank"']i havent grown anything from paradise that i know of, but i tend to lean toward regular photo-strains lol what of paradises have you had? i almost forgot my buddy professor P over at dynasty seeds, they are still small but they do good work, i have Blue Magoo often which is one of their breeding blocks for Mt Hood Huckleberry and a couple others, Caramel Candy Kush and Mochalope are a couple Dynasty that are on my to-do list. right now i have Pandoras Box, SpaceDawg and Qush that sub sent me back in march, im loving them 110%!

Ccoastal[/quote]

I havnt grown any regular photo strains myself but I've heard a lot on there sensi star being an awesome strain.
    Here's a pic out of there catalogue

Attached Files:

15. ive actually heard wuite a few good things about sensi star, only negatives that comes to mind about paradise are their Spoetnik strain which is suspiciously like Sputnik 1.0 (Sub's Black Russian X Apollo-13) or Sputnik 2.0 (Sputnik 1.0 BX [Apollo-13 X Sputnik 1.0]), their Pandora strain which is an auto that came after Subs success with Pandoras Box, or their claim to the original widow, theres 4-5 diff companies putting out the 'original' widow, some are sativa dom and some are indica dom, and from company to company they arent really that similar, but sub did hook me up with some Sugar Blossom beans he had gotten from Joey Weed, the reproducer of Bros Grimm, Sugar Blossom was their attempt at a better tasting widow (thank god cuz widow tastes like shit lol) i still havent grown it but sub has a vid up featuring it on his youtube channel

all that being said,i still like some of the stuff on their menu!

the only companies i can say with no sweat off my brow to avoid are GreenHouse Seeds, due to Arjans lack of plant morals, and lack of foresight beyond his own pocketbook. and Stoney Girl Gardens, i dislike SGG for a number of reasons but mostly its due to her general bitchiness, and the fact she demands you return all males you end up with, and that she says she will sue you if you breed with her gear! not to mention she puts on her site that pitbull and some of her other strains take 35 days to flower, i mean come the fuck on lol theres no 35 day strains out there. my fav part of the SGG thing tho, is that at Club Pitbull.. they sell TGA genetics lmao makes me crack up every time!

Ccoastal

16. [quote name='"BestCoastalDank"']ive actually heard wuite a few good things about sensi star, only negatives that comes to mind about paradise are their Spoetnik strain which is suspiciously like Sputnik 1.0 (Sub's Black Russian X Apollo-13) or Sputnik 2.0 (Sputnik 1.0 BX [Apollo-13 X Sputnik 1.0]), their Pandora strain which is an auto that came after Subs success with Pandoras Box, or their claim to the original widow, theres 4-5 diff companies putting out the 'original' widow, some are sativa dom and some are indica dom, and from company to company they arent really that similar, but sub did hook me up with some Sugar Blossom beans he had gotten from Joey Weed, the reproducer of Bros Grimm, Sugar Blossom was their attempt at a better tasting widow (thank god cuz widow tastes like shit lol) i still havent grown it but sub has a vid up featuring it on his youtube channel

all that being said,i still like some of the stuff on their menu!

the only companies i can say with no sweat off my brow to avoid are GreenHouse Seeds, due to Arjans lack of plant morals, and lack of foresight beyond his own pocketbook. and Stoney Girl Gardens, i dislike SGG for a number of reasons but mostly its due to her general bitchiness, and the fact she demands you return all males you end up with, and that she says she will sue you if you breed with her gear! not to mention she puts on her site that pitbull and some of her other strains take 35 days to flower, i mean come the fuck on lol theres no 35 day strains out there. my fav part of the SGG thing tho, is that at Club Pitbull.. they sell TGA genetics lmao makes me crack up every time!

Ccoastal[/quote]

You know a lot more than me as a lot of your last post went straight over my noob head.. Lol,, but whatever i decide to grow in the future i would never order shit without doing some research on it first. I've heard a little about paradises spoetnik not being upto scratch and may consider there pandora or even the automaria II. If i had a spare room out of the way i would like to try a standard photo strain but at the min im growing in my bedroom so the autos suit me more right now. There are many breeders out there that would have you believe all kinds of bollocks in order to get you to buy,, it's a good job we have forums like GC with good guys to help weed out the crap....

17. yeah the forums are deff a big help when starting to sort through all the stuff thats out there, a lot of info i get is just like this, or chatting with the TGA testers and crew, right now im watchin the test grows of Pre-98 Bubba Kush X Querkle and my interests are very peaked. out of all the TGA there are very few that i dont wanna try, i get a lot of quality feedback from the testers, i got my Qush about a month before they hit the market on 4/20 and knew i wanted it ever since i saw the testers raving on and on about it lol, if there was one strain off the TGA menu i dont really want its the Void, its a potent strain and all but my friend BatmanSkunk has steered me in a diff direction as i lean more towards the fruity flavors that are all over TGA hehe. with Pandoras Box she is usually a lemon/cherry flavor and thats pretty much the mainstay as its a backcross, but im going to pheno hunt a little harder and see if i cant get a more Space Queen dominant pheno with a more cherry flavor with a lemon undertone. and with Qush im looking for the candy pheno that tastes like a jar of candy with a slight kush flavor on the exhale. im growing in super soil this round so flavor purity will be there 110% (if you havent tried buds grown in super soil its hard to describe the true purity to the smoke) good things should be comin! i wouldnt mind throwin an auto in the veg area under 20 hours of light and give it a whirl, i just like the control more than anything because with a photostrain i can clone all i want, train em out and figure about where my finished height will be due to the predictable stretch

Ccoastal

18. [quote name='"BestCoastalDank"']yeah the forums are deff a big help when starting to sort through all the stuff thats out there, a lot of info i get is just like this, or chatting with the TGA testers and crew, right now im watchin the test grows of Pre-98 Bubba Kush X Querkle and my interests are very peaked. out of all the TGA there are very few that i dont wanna try, i get a lot of quality feedback from the testers, i got my Qush about a month before they hit the market on 4/20 and knew i wanted it ever since i saw the testers raving on and on about it lol, if there was one strain off the TGA menu i dont really want its the Void, its a potent strain and all but my friend BatmanSkunk has steered me in a diff direction as i lean more towards the fruity flavors that are all over TGA hehe. with Pandoras Box she is usually a lemon/cherry flavor and thats pretty much the mainstay as its a backcross, but im going to pheno hunt a little harder and see if i cant get a more Space Queen dominant pheno with a more cherry flavor with a lemon undertone. and with Qush im looking for the candy pheno that tastes like a jar of candy with a slight kush flavor on the exhale. im growing in super soil this round so flavor purity will be there 110% (if you havent tried buds grown in super soil its hard to describe the true purity to the smoke) good things should be comin! i wouldnt mind throwin an auto in the veg area under 20 hours of light and give it a whirl, i just like the control more than anything because with a photostrain i can clone all i want, train em out and figure about where my finished height will be due to the predictable stretch

Ccoastal[/quote]

Well you seem to be well on your way with your search for personal perfection. My mouth is watering with all the flavours you mentioned.. Lol. If i had the space, time an safety that i wouldn't be judged or worse prosecuted I'd for sure be trying to follow the same path mate. Is super soil something you make yourself? I took the easy option an got pre made biobizz all mix. Ive been happy with it so far but i know there's nothing that's going to beat all the goodness in making your own mix...

19. yeah super soil is a mix/technique someone showed Sub about 15 years ago and he has been following and twirkin it ever since, its really great stuff, i got a cpl vids on it, the transplanting is the crucial piece, you layer 1/3 to 1/2 the pot (depending on the hunger of the strain) in super soil which is a hot nutrient rich soil, add another 2-3" of your base soil, mix it up a little and then fill the rest of the way with base soil, that way the plant grows down into the very strong soil as its ready for the nutrients, best thing about super soil is that all you do is add water! thats it! no nutrients! sugars are aplied at day 30 and 45 but thats the only time anything is added, 60 days of flush hehe

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eWM2c7dvwaA&feature=plcp]The Weed Nerd Episode 36 - YouTube[/ame]

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fcun2j-WX8A&feature=plcp]Transplanting.wmv - YouTube[/ame]

Ccoastal

20. Sorry fella i didn't answer your first question.. I'm currently growing 4 auto vertigo. There now on day 43 and on track to be finished by day 60. If your looking to throw one or two in your veg tent i would recommend these... I did a little experiment with germination, 3 of them germ'd in tissue for 36 hours then planted along with the other that i didn't germ at all. The ungermed one caught up an is now looking 2nd best in terms of hight an bud size..