First Grow (Autoflower), need some tips help please.

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by oJamesCo, Sep 30, 2013.

1. Hello, first post here. I've been reading through forums and decided to make my own post to see if it would be easier than reading through all sorts of comments on different topics and random thoughts.

First off, I'm growing a Black Skull Seeds Jack Herer, and a Black Skull Seeds Speed Haze. Both of these are outdoors, I live in the south so the sun and constant heat is not an issue. I bought organic Miracle Grow and mixed it with some really nice fertilizer I had in the yard.

I know how to germinate, I've done this several times, I've done a bit with plants with my older brother, but he never really went into depth with things so I never got too much out of it. I use the paper towel in a ziplock bag method. I've used this method around 10 times and all times have seemed to be successful. 

I planted the seeds two days ago, and as of now 1:17 a.m. they haven not yet sprouted but I'm not worried about that, it's been cloudy for a few days. 

I'm simply looking for sort of an autoflower nutient plan and how to mix it with what amount of water and nutes. I bought fox farm trio pack, with Tiger Bloom, Grow Big, and Big Bloom. I'm thinking of buying a few gallon jugs of distilled water because I read that seemed to work well. I don't know the measurements to add, and when to add the first "mix" of nutes. I've read around and seen a lot of half assed answers, so I'm sort of looking for an experienced answer there. 

I also have questions about trimming and how to tell when my autos will be ready to harvest. I appreciate all opinions, it never hurts to try somebody elses way. It may workout positively for me  :smoking:

2. Grow big= veg. The switch to
    Tiger bloom= first sign of bud development.
    Then big bloom 3-5 weeks into flower. Dont use what they say especially in soil. Start off with 1/5 the recommended strength and gradually increase up to about half strength. Flush every week with plain ph'ed water around 6.0 to prevent salt build up.

3. Okay thank you. So use the grow big first, then when i see signs of bud developement switch to the tiger, and so on. And would I be using 1/5 the measurement to 1 gallon of the distilled water? By the way today is day 3 from germ and they are through the soil looking healthy  :hello:

4. Yes I use a small 15ml suringe to accurately measure. ..im not sure if with the trio the nutes stay sep or r mixed but it was say clearly on the bottle. Just dont use full strength. And distilled water is fine but has a ph of 7.0 which is high for soil and will lock out nutes to ur plant. Buy a ph test kit off amazon. Comes with ph up ph down and test solution. You want ur ph to be 5.5 to 6.2 or so.