First Grow - Attic temp. problem?

Discussion in 'Grow Room Design/Setup' started by Budbasaur, Feb 12, 2013.

1. Does any one have some insight on how the plant will react to such high temps? I live in Wisconsin and in the summer attic spaces get quite hot and dry. i dont have exact temps from the attic but I would assume that it reaches up 95 -100 degrees in the attic on some days with low humidity

I will be using a grow tent(4 ft wide, 5.5 ft tall, 2 ft deep) and will have a couple fans blowing

I plan on having 2-3 plants and they wont be placed in the attic till they start to smell

2. i have the same problem...waiting on a reply

3. #3 Thom Cruz, Feb 12, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 12, 2013
    Temps 90F+ will stunt your plants growth. 85F is already pushing it unless you're supplementing CO2.

Heat will also decrease potency of your bud.

Don't mean to be a jerk but do you even google?

4. Yeah I have looked on google and got the same answer. I thought it would be better to ask on here...

I was hoping that some one could help figure out how to fix this problem.

How could I supplement CO2?

5. Attic temps can reach 130f with no fan. Have you ever been in an attic in July? It's unbearable.

6. I have a few small clip on fans for inside the tent and a couple of box fans for inside the attic itself i was also planning on connecting a fan to one of the ventilation holes in the roof

7. CO2 tank and regulator, you could probably push 90F and get away with it.

But if your ambient temps are that high without any equipment running there, you will not be able to grow in your attic without an a/c unit.
    My ambient temps are 10-15F above room temp running a 250w in a 2x2x5