First Grow, Any Help Appreciated

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by james44, May 13, 2014.

1. #1 james44, May 13, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: May 13, 2014
    Okay guys this Is my first post so I'm not 100% sure if this is in the right spot. I decided to grow autoflowering candy kush. I had the seeds germinate over this past day and night and 2/3 have popped and I will plant them. I forget what soil i am using but it has no time released nutes. I mixed it with one scoop perlite to two scoops soil. I plan on growing indoors under 2 26w, 2700k cfls for the first week or two then transplanting outdoors in 5 gallon buckets. They will be about a 40 minute walk from my house in a very hidden location. (Each time I go to the site to put supplies there I get a tick on me, even tuck pants into shoes; any advice to prevent these
    fucker?) any advice/tips/help along the way would be awesome! I plan to have this as a grow journal from now till harvest time(if all things go well)
    So does anyone see anything wrong with my plan that I have so far? I already purchased ff grow big and tiger bloom to use for this grow. I provided photos of what the dirt looks like if that may help you guys decide if it looks good or not. ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1399937664.942571.jpg ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1399937696.061946.jpg

2. I don't think you can prevent the ticks at all, since they are "in the wild" and they will continue to appear, even when you're not with your plants. Are they messing with your plants at all, or just getting on your clothes?

By the way, I'm not sure if a week or two of growth will be enough time to allow your seedlings to develop, so they can withstand the harsh conditions of being outdoors. The wind, cold, pests, animals, etc, might be too much for a young seedling. Could you wait until they are roughly one month old? You will have a much better survival rate.

Also, if you can add two more CFLs to the mix, that would help. You truly want about 100 watts minimum, to grow your plants. It's often recommended to use 100 watts, then 50 watts per additional plant. But if you can muster up 100 watts for the plants, you'll notice more growth, quicker.

3.  Anything I can help you with just let me know and if I don't know I'll be sure to find out as I'm trying to learn as much as I can as well. Looks nice. In about 2-3 weeks when they start to fill out you will realize you are allready addicted to growing! Try 6500k for veg. Gives the plant a little more of what it wants in that stage. But if needed 27's will work. Im doing an all cfl indoor now. I'm just about a month ahead of you with my first grow. On my second week of flowering still wating to sex it. The hardest part about growing is being patiant and letting nature and time do it's thing. Very easy to over love them lol. Just treat them will and they will let you know when they need something!

Here is a link to mine if you would like to check it out. I'm new to this as well so if you have any tips for me I take all I can get as well. The first thing I learned about growing is that there is much to learn. lol Happy Grwoing -DT-

4. Subbed to your grow.^ how can I set it to where I can see our guys replies? I mean as a notification from the app. Thanks for the replies but stealth is a big deal so I can't keep them in side for very long( they're growing along side some peppers.) and I may put a small fan with a slight fan on them to strengthen stems, maybe have them outside by next weekend at the latest.

5. I just planted the two with tap roots into the soil! I watered the soil till a little came out from bottom then let the soil warm up a tad under lights then placed the seeds about 1/2 in deep.

6. #7 james44, May 13, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: May 13, 2014
    ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1399940825.957001.jpg
    Here's the soil I'm using