First Grow, any advice appreciated

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by Bockkster, Nov 24, 2015.

1. #1 Bockkster, Nov 24, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 24, 2015
    Hello,
    I have recently started 3 feminized raspberry cough seeds. I am growing in a considerably small area, specifically 1.5ftx3.3ftx3.6ft(tall) I am hoping to compensate the lack of height with a fair amount of Low Stress Training and Micro-Topping. My question is: When do I want to start adding chemical nutrients? My 3 plants are currently 13 days old from the time they burst forth from the earth.Unfortunately, my only available fertilizers are Miracle-Gro All Purpose Plant food ( I believe 24-18-6) and Scotts Super-Bloom (12-55-6) for flowering. I am watering the plants with regular distilled water(6.8pH), as I fear the tap water in the area is no good. I am using Natures Guide Organic potting soil (peat-free). My light set up is a 300W LED light fixture. (Actual draw around 130w) I plan on adding my other 300W LED light(draw 180) when I switch to 12/12.(both lights are full spectrum with a pretty balanced amount of red/blue light. ) Thank you guys, if any of my plan sounds like a complete shit, please let me know, any advice is greatly appreciated. I also apologize if my English is really inconsistent. Once again thanks. I will update with pictures if it would help. The plants appear to have 2 sets of leaves, while having 2 more sets of smaller leaves coming from beneath the nodes on the second set, while the third set are really small, just grown in over night it appears.

2. #2 lotek590, Nov 24, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 24, 2015
    lst will spread your buds out so they get better light, but it will not make them shorter. If height is an issue choose a low growing strain. And most of those low growing strains don't like to be cut. topped, lst'd or touched. They just naturally grow low if left untouched. Those fertilizers you mentioned are just fine for a virgin grow, but over time will build up salt in your soil. A different brand won't be any better. Pot needs very little fertilizer, but it really likes good healthy soil. Next time focus on the soil not on what crap you add to the soil. Healthy soil grows healthy plants,and healthy plants grow good pot.
    also, that's not very much light for 3 plants. I would cull to two plants and run one directly under each light.

3. hey there, imo I would not recommend using miracle gro, easily can burn your plants. If you are to use those nutes, I'd start at about 3 - 4 weeks into veg and 1/4 strength and work your way up or even less strength. Happy growing!

4. Thanks guys

5. yes buddy. Miracle grow. Including the soil. -anything that says Miracle Grow! Lol. It's too hot not only will it kill \burn your girls, its got slow release nutes, not good for when flush comes around.. I do not condone any illgal behavior. But say ur in a Recreational state, come season. There should be no reason why by Halloween your not sitting on a couple monster sized. Outdoor girls.. Even so indoor if u take a lil initiative to procure enough high watt CFLs, ur golden. Won't get a yield even close to an out door plant. But w some training n pruning, you'll be on your way to consistent bigger yields. Rule of thumb, 1 gallon of soil per each foot of plant [​IMG].
    Newest trial run nug.

Attached Files:

6. And LST WILL help your plant grow shorter. You control the size and shape.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk

7. #7 Bockkster, Nov 27, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 27, 2015
    Thankyou everyone for your advice, and opinions. I recently found out I gave yall the wrong N-P-K ratios for the Miracle Grow, turns out its actually 12-8-6, I used 1/4th a tsp (it called for a 1 tsp) Where I live its pretty cold already here in the mountains, otherwise id love to grow outside...Anyways I fed them on day 13, it's day 16 and they are doing well, only one plant had very, very slight nute burn. Next time I will definitely get some other soil, and some different nutrients like fox farms, if I can find it. Thanks again guys!

8. here she is almost fully trimmed. Indica Dom LATE season part outdoor\widow sill\cfl rig. [​IMG] have a GG spot in mind for early next outdoor season. Put 2 or 3 girls in an enormous 10-20 gal pot each dug in ground to avoid obviousness. Lol. Have a couple outdoor spots in mind jus a short distance from my residence [​IMG] next indoor will def include a DECENT Led set up, see how LEDs can flower a girl or 2.. Vegging, no reason to not use CFLs. For veg their really pretty useful. Unless you're prepared to fixing FILL your grow area w the huge 2700k 86 true watters.. As pictured-- LED , outdoor, or HID will be the only way to consistently get killer quality n yields this grow was for fun. Late season, see how window sill works??? 2 prior tops were cut. One was quick dried n smoked [​IMG] the other is curing in some Tupper ware.. So she only got 2 tops. Can't wait for next spring!!

Attached Files:

9. [​IMG]Very nice!!

10. ps- don't stress minor nute burn. An old pro grower told me light nute burn at least tells you their responding to the nutrients.. Pps - if u cant afford some Fox Farms (they have some good soils n potting mixes) or make your own if you know your gardening shit ;) try n find a brand w some limestone agent to keep pH ideal. PH is soo important. Main culprit aside from over feeding for randomly sick girls. 6 to 7 in soil is ideal.. See when the soil has so much NPK in it. (High numbers like 10-15-10..) Is to much for early stage girls. They'll crisp up n die :( if I go store bought. I'll get .03-.02-.02. Allowing me to control the nutes each stage requires different amounts n types, that's for the search engine tho :) keep it green man, self sufficient growers are hurting no one n are just choosing to not partake in the black market to acquire our meds, I wish nationally the govt would make it legal for each residence to have no more then 10 plants growing anywhere.. Imagine how fast the non violent crime rate would drop?! Good luck. Keep growing that dank. I really think you'd enjoy/benefit from some fimming- LST techniques as she's young in veg. Get more tops n let light hit the important parts where other wise it'd be in the shade if it wasn't tied :) Jus simple surface area addition.. Peace. Bout to smoke a bowl of some Afghoo. [​IMG][​IMG]

11. dude Bockkster. She was vegged n flowered most of her life on a window sill. CFLs did the rest.. :)))

12. #12 jerry111165, Nov 28, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 28, 2015
    "Unfortunately, my only available fertilizers are Miracle-Gro All Purpose Plant food ( I believe 24-18-6) and Scotts Super-Bloom (12-55-6) for flowering."

I don't believe that for a minute.

Edit: - if you or anyone else had to select THE worst fertilizers or companies that make them - you did it.

You will get out of your garden what you put into it.

J

13. [​IMG]Those buds look really nice! I agree, I definitely plan to toss in some cfls for added light, no harm in doing so

14. Sorry Jerry, you all have a good point. I shouldn't be using these nutes at all. Been doing a lot of research on Scotts. I saw some fox farms online I plan on picking up. Would you recommend some kind of feeding schedule, and a safe way to switch over?

15. Those synthetic fertilizers are like force feeding your plant. Be sure to water your plants completely then come back after they've gotten a good drink to feed. Never put that stuff on a thirsty plant. It soaks it right up and burns itself. Going to be tough flushing the harshness out though.

16. having a slight problem with a couple of my plants could someone identify the problem ? ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1448907790.463623.jpg