First Grow and Struggling

Discussion in 'Sick Plants and Problems' started by BigEasy1, Dec 27, 2012.

1. So, I decided to construct a semi-stealth grow cabinet. All that went OK but I did spend a shit load more cash than I envisioned in the beginning. Anyway, I have an intake and exhaust. A Blackstar 240 UV, fan, and 3 Bubble Boy DWC buckets. I'm using the Stealth Grow fire and forget nutes. I do have the Fox Farms trio plus Kangaroots and Microbebrew but haven't used those.

My plants are 17 days old from seed. I'm using Dutch Passion Taiga Feminized Autoflower. Everything was cool until last Saturday when I started noticing these rust looking spots. I checked my PH and it was high plus it had been a week since I changed water. I also may have added too much nutrient too fast, you know, because I don't know what I'm doing. I was drinking The night before and vaguely remember adding some of the Kangaroots. Well, I changed the water and re-added the Stealthgrow nutes. I've been keeping a close eye on the PH and it seems to be holding. Also, the new growth leaves don't seem to have the rust spots.

My questions are:
    Does this look like a PH/nutrient problem?
    Does it appear to be solved?
    Should I move each plant into a separate bucket or can I leave all 3 in the same bucket? This is a very short squat strain if that matters.

My grow cabinet is a steel, locking cabinet from the hardware store. Temp stays right at 75 degrees all the time. Dimensions are 36 inches wide, 18 inches deep, and 72 inches high. Thanks in advance for any help or tips.

Attached Files:

2. The rust looking spots are from ph related issues. Keep an eye on the new growth at the top of he plant for new healthy growth. Good luck

4th grow(Apprentice) - BC Big Bud 1200w

3. Appreciate the comeback. My PH did get out of whack so I was suspecting that. I kind of jumped the gun and started my seeds before I had all my shit together. I'm hoping the digital PH meter comes in the mail tomorrow so I can get it dialed in. Thanks

4. I only have experience with soil but I would say you can keep all three in the same bucket unless the root systems start to get tangled. You'd want to separate them if that's the case. That being said if you have the air pumps, buckets, sufficient lighting and space I'd separate them now while they are small and easier to move without damaging any part of the plant. Good luck bro

5. I got my digital PH meter in the mail today. It reads different than the test strips. I calibrated the digital one and am going to trust it. If the digital one is accurate then the test strips are crap.

6. Hmmm what does each one read? Hopefully they're close. I would trust the digital as well. What do you you think the ph was before, high or low? If low I'd try to get the ph up to 6.5. If high I'd try to get it down to 7.0

7. They read way different. I checked a bottle of water that had the PH listed on the label and the electronic meter was spot on. I don't know. I now have 5 ways to check PH and they all read different! Lol I'm going with the electronic version. My plants are already dicked up. They seem to be growing fine, just ugly as hell because they're orange! lol