First grow and plant problems PLEASE HELP!

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by Growing4gold, Apr 4, 2013.

1. I've been noticing problems along the way and can't seem to accurately diagnose anything from reading alone. My girls name is Jackie and she has been through alot! Including but mot limited to burns, overwatering and a recent bent cola indecent do to a fan and light Falling on her.

Now she is an amazingly resilient girl so I'm determined to get her through harvest. So PLEAS HELP!!!

Ill post some pics too!

But meanwhile Here are the details!

I'm on a tight budget and its my first grow so my equipment sucks! So take it easy on me! :p
    ------

Strain: "Critical Jack Auto"

Soil: Vigero

Jackie is currently 33 days from seed and nearing 2 weeks of Flower @ 22inches tall
    ---------

Starting week two of Veg i used MG tomato fert NPK-18-18-21 @ 1/3 dose. I used this until about day 23 sights of pre-flower showed around day 18-21. Day 23 until currently I've been using "Super Bloom by:Greenlight" NPK-9-55-6

And in just the last 2 days I've added in 1&1/2 teaspoon of molasses

Im Lighting with 4x26 watt cfls, which i guess is roughly around 6000 lumes

And I've just started taking Jackie outside for more light in the last 3 days from about 12noon-6/7 pm then back under cfls at sunset.

image-3338412702.jpg

I have no clue what to do about this!

Ps( I just added the younger pics of Jackie for entertainment! )

Attached Files:

2. My main problem is the yellowing/brown dried or burnt tips!
    also im not sure if i can make it through flower with the lighting i currently have. ive read so many mixed answered about both issues. (lighting and yellow/brwn tips)

3. as long as it gets light it will create buds. just not as much as u may want. looks like nute burn. not sure tho. whats the ppm of your feed water. cut it in half for next few feeds and see if it clears up. im sure someone else will chime in soon

4. the ppm is ussally 0 with distilled but i have had to use some poorly filtered water from my fridge the last couple times, i havent tested the ppm of that.

with all the probs ive had i feel as though ive decreased my yielld but i still want the most possible i can get at this point.

is there a min lighting i can have if i wanted to pull around 20 grams dry?

5. I would switch to no food for a while, should clear up the burn and get back on track.

More sun should help thicken up the growth. Good Luck

6. Best way to help with nute burn is to flush, flush, flush! Wash the nutes out and let it grow for a while. You will clear your medium with the initial flush, but will take a few days for the plant to lower its levels and clean itself out too. Use three times as much water for every gallon of your container(3 gallon container = 9 gallons water). it will take a while but will be worth it. Then start over with nutes at 1/2 strength when it shows signs of growth. And remember if your soil already has fertilizers in it to wait till you know they have depleted or the plant shows a slight deficiancy to begin the nute regimen!
    Also remember that even after you flush it could still get worse cuz there is still an abundance inside the plant! And be careful with the light at that point, the extra fert in the leaves will cause them to burn even worse if the lights are too close or hot. Hope this helps

7. i tired a flush once idk if i did something wrong but it completly sucked for me, Jackie looked droopy for 3 days and i had to cut quite a few of dying fan leaves from her. ive been trying to stay away from the flushing.. i dont acuuratly know the size of the pot but im guessing its about 3-5 gallon pot. i water her about every 2-3 day sometimes more deppending on if he is out doors or not but i never give her any more than a half gallon of water. i dont know if thats correct to do but i didnt want to risk over water again. when i over water it was just about 1 gallon of water, a little more!

8. can u post a new set of pics? is it still getting worse or staying the same? If it is nute burn (and i think maybe you have a combination of nute burn AND salt buildup) those leaves will look like that and maybe get a little worse where they are burnt for the rest of the plants life, or they die and fall off. So they will be at a far lesser capacity then healthy ones. But you need to get it fixed so that you dont continue the damage and kill your girls. If you were overwatering already and then flushed them of course they got droopy! But if you have been only giving them a half gallon lately, they will benefit greatly from a good flush. 3 gallon pot = 9 gallons of water. It takes a while but worth it.

9. Oh and what is your medium? I didnt see it in the thread. Does it have good drainage? Plain potting soil doesnt drain well and most are prefertilized. So by adding more (unless there is a deficiency) you end up burning the plants. You should at least add some perilite. Preferably perilite and vermiculite. This will help with drainage and salt build up. I also add some sand, and line the bottom of my pots with stones. Helps with oxygen to the roots too i believe. ALL good things.

10. Ok i see the soil. just as i suspected! Dont let your fear of over watering keep you from giving her what she needs to get as big as possible! And she needs water more than she needs more nutes!

11. The pronlem is that u need real lights and exaust heat away cus ur lights are crating too much heat and not enough valuable light.

12. I have vigero soil and yeah it came pre fertilized.

Should I be watering with a gallon or more water? The last two days I've only been using distilled water with a bit of molasses @ about half a gallon

13. I would like to re-pot with airer soil without nutes but I'm growing an auto and it is nearing 2 weeks flower, so I feel it will over stress the plant too much.

14. won't stress it but will still take some time to recover. time that is lost forever with an autoflower

15. well its a learning process and every grower learns something new every crop! Im no expert but i learn everything i can when i make a mistake. I did the same thing with my first plants except i got it under control more quickly.And auto flowering plants leave less room for mistakes that harm veg time especially. easy with the nutes guys! until you know your plant needs it be cautious.
    Its hard to say about how much to water your plants. Let the soil dry out a bit and then water it slowly when u have poor drainage id say. maybe split up the feeding half gallon one day wait a day and another half gallon, then let it dry out until the pots feel light. next round go with half gallon the first day with ferts, skip a day and water then dry out again. Also remember to till up your soil after you water. Salts build up easier and the plants waste builds in the upper layers so tilling it up a bit helps loosen them up and airs it out quicker. But i stand by my flushing statement earlier. If u dont u are just asking for trouble.

16. @10after420 thanks for the great advice !
    It really helps to get feedback and input.

17. Thats what this is all about! Glad i could help. U gonna post some new pics of your sexy ladies?

18. Sure thing. I'll update when my lights back on.

19. Its common to see that is heat stress and a bit of nute burn but forsure its heat stress! Ive seen it in most of my grows but only when the start streching.
    Heat stress bra!