First grow almost done

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by Dragon's Breath, Jul 24, 2021.

1. Going through the stress of not wanting to harvest too early or too late lol

Attached Files:

2. Oh, you mean first grow in the new house!?!? That doesn't look like any first grow I've ever seen lol.
    GGs

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  3. Thank you! Hearing that makes me feel better lol. I did a lot of research, but it only takes you so far without just going for it. Growing can be much more stressful than some people try to lead you to believe. I'll feel much better when I get a successful harvest though :love-mj2:

• Like Like x 1
    • Like Like x 2
  4. Also I have been picking a little bit earlier because I have a proper drying box and they will ripped a little during a long drying sesh

Sent from my SM-N960U using Grasscity Forum mobile app

• Like Like x 1
  5. Beautiful. So I use 3 different things in a garden. I use magnifying glass loops 10 and 30x. A wifi microscope. And the pocket scopes. U did very well. So take a test nug from the middle of plant and let it dry under the light! Than when it completely dries to smoke u will sample to see. I like doing this because it buys me a few days to not harvest early

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  6. Zoom ur camera like 80% zoomed in and get as close as u can and take a pic 20210409_185514.jpg

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  7. My computer times out the connection before it can load that 12 meg picture.
    Reset camera to lowest size picture and post something in the 1-2mg range.

No such thing as to late. That is more Stoner science. IME. You can let them run till dead and all you get is ass kicking, mind blowing smoke.
    I run 10 weeks actual. 73 days or so for Indica-Hybrids.
    15 weeks for a good high side Sativa.

You need 60x to really see what you have.
    Trichomes.jpg

5-10% amber or it simply is not done yet. Most breeders harvest dates are wildly optimistic.
    2 more weeks.
    :)

BNW

• Like Like x 2
  8. My first grow....

IMG_1237.JPG IMG_1258.JPG IMG_1502.JPG IMG_1551.JPG

Didnt know how to take pictures worth a damn and my camera was shit but you get the idea.

Lots of research lead me to a pretty fool proof method. Organic soil. 5x5 tent. 1000w HPS light in air cool hood.

• Like Like x 1
  9. There is still alot of white pistils on the plant.. imo you can get a pretty good idea just from the naked eye!! I like to wait till almost all of my white hairs have turned orange and gone back into the buds by the time it is ready to harvest you almost can not even see the hairs anymore.

• Like Like x 1
  10. That is heavily dependent on strain. Some of them stay hair as fuck.

• Like Like x 1
  11. Thanks for all the replies! Going to wait about a week and a half and see what they do

12. I've posted some close up pics too a few days ago. Already seeing some amber so I was curious.

Attached Files:

13. Well pic one looks close. Pic 2 is the dreaded new pistols! I back my light away at the end a little

• Like Like x 2
  14. My first grow we didn't have camera phones, only land line phone.

• Funny Funny x 2
  15. You're so old, that when you did your first grow... ground up dinosaur bones was the main source for a calcium supplement! Lol jk

16. Couple more weeks. One thing i noticed: plants flowered under CMH seem to show a lot of amber earlier on when they are not ready for harvest, but under HPS they dont amber until they are for sure done. My assumption is that the more blue spectrum of light degrades the trichs a little faster.

• Like Like x 1
  17. Actually growing under LED's. I just picked a hard strain for my first grow and they like to give me attitude lol

• Funny Funny x 1
  18. #19 Clearsky, Jul 25, 2021
    Last edited: Jul 25, 2021
    That's true

19. Most strains grow pretty easy.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1