First grow all organic 600w please help :)

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by dannyboy6666, Aug 21, 2012.

1. Hello Grasscity peeps. About to order everything for my new grow and really wanted to know if I was heading in the correct direction. I have been doing a lot of research and really want to do this right. I'm going to list what I plan on using and the process. If I am doing anything incorrectly or using the wrong product please let me know.

1 I bought 10 "Crystal" seeds that should be to my gf's apartment any day now.

2. I plan on using an organic soil (fox farm) and start my seedlings in rock wool cubes then x-fer once a few roots start popping into maybe a 1 gal pot then eventually into a 3 or 4 gal pot (haven't decided yet what the final pot I'll be using).

3. For lighting I think I'll be using Apollo 600Watt Electronic Dimmable Ballast and 6'' Duct Cool Tube Reflector Hydroponic Combo w/ HPS+MH Bulbs.

4. 48"x48"x84" Hydroponics Grow Tent 4'X4'X7' 100% Reflective Mylar to grow in.

5. I wanna go as organic as possible so I'm planning on using General Hydroponics Go Box Starter Kit for my nutes.

6. I'm not 100% sure how big of fans and how many i'll need for ventilation for my big tent. Up for suggestions.

7. I have ph up and ph down. I have a thermometer/ humility gauge.

Wanted to know if I'm heading in the right direction. I plan taking pictures along the way and any help with my noobness will be greatly appreciated.

2. organics means no nutes or need for ph testing.

You mix in things like bat guano and EWCs into the soil.

3. #3 dannyboy6666, Aug 21, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 21, 2012
    ugh. Oh thank man. Back to the drawing board then. You think it'll be easier to use the nutes I plan on buying since it's my first grow? I am soo excited about this and I am soo ready to get this going!

4. I am using close I the same set up.
    I had 10 Burmese kush seeds. 3x3x6 tent
    400w mh/hps Air cooled hood
    1 inline 6" fan
    1 12" circulation fan

I sprouted in FF happy frog 1 gal pots
    Transplanted into 3gal cloth grow pots
    Used general organics bio thrive grow during veg
    Bio thrive bloom during flower and added camg, bio bud and humboldt county crystal burst, all organic.

I dropped it down to 9 plants after transplant.
    Your space should hold them fine. Mine is crowded w 9 plants but I'm trying SOG.

I should take in around and oz per plant or more.

I may try just 4 large plants next time.

I think your going to do great w what you have and the 600w will be good.

I suggest sprouting only 5 seeds if feminized. Leaving room for your plants to grow. Unless you SOG.

I have not ph'd using these products and have had no issues.

Good luck!

Attached Files:

5. 9 plants with only a 400watt?? wow. I only planned on doing about 5 of my 10 seed and maybe a couple of the 5 feebies that are coming.

6. btw hella nice looking plants man! How old are you girls??

7. sorry one more question. Did you add any perlite to FF happy frog?

8. nah, everything else seems ok.

People say its easier to go 100% organic because you don't have to mess with nutes, ph testing, and then flushing before harvest. Everything the plant needs is in the soil. You just water it basically.

9. [quote name='"cdawg13"']btw hella nice looking plants man! How old are you girls??[/quote]

I'm in week 8 of flower. Even though it organic I'm still going to flush for 3-5 days.

10. I thought the guy in this thread said that it's not organic if you use the FF stuff?

11. I just found a pretty good deal on a 1000w light kit at my local Hydro101 store that is 1 mile from my home. Will that be to much light?

12. [quote name='"cdawg13"']btw hella nice looking plants man! How old are you girls??[/quote]

Week 8 of flower.

13. [quote name='"cdawg13"']btw hella nice looking plants man! How old are you girls??[/quote]

Middle of week 8 flower.

14. [quote name='"cdawg13"']

I thought the guy in this thread said that it's not organic if you use the FF stuff?[/quote]

Sorry having trouble with my phone. Fox farm happy frog is organic according to their website. Which is what I used. You do not need to add perlite to it since it is already in it along with everything else you need. Use general organics after the 2nd week of watering, when the natural fertilizers in the soil begin to break down. There should be a feeding schedule on the side of the GO Box.

15. awesome dude. Thanks man.. I'm kinda becoming obsessed with doing research and all but I can not tell you how excited i am. I will post pictures on the progress.

16. FF should last 4 weeks before any additional nutes need to be added.