First Grow-advice

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by Avr3808, Jul 22, 2016.

1. Hi, everyone. I'm trying to figure out when my seedling will truly enter into veg, so to know when to start adding nutes. I'm searched the forums and Google-but getting conflicting info. My seedling is about 3 weeks old, but had a slow start--I initially didn't have enough light. I currently am on a 24/0 schedule using 6500 lumens (combined led/CFL). Also, my plant seems to be leaning pretty bad--but away from the light..how do I correct this? It doesn't feel too warm..?

Thanks for any advice :)

2. Oh-just wanted to add--it's bag seed--from og kush...don't know if that's pertinent or not...

3. Get a fan on her. (If it is a she) And force her to fight the fan. (As in, she is leaning left, so get a fan onto that side she is favouring to get her back upright. She/it is stretching too, get the lights as close as you can.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Oh and many more details needed. What soil? PH? Nutes? More light? Stealth? Tent? Time to get typing.......

• Like Like x 1
  5. Veg is what you're in if you're not in flower. It's just the period of time the plant is growing to gain size and stability BEFORE flipping the light schedule to induce flower. How fast it grows depends on the strength and quality of lighting you're using AND how large a container your plants are in. When a seedling is introduced to soil...or a clone, the very first thing they do is root in. The larger the container of soil you start them off in, the longer it is going to take them to finish rooting in. When they are working on the root system, the plant doesn't grow much and uses no water to speak of. All you do during this time is leave it alone. When it's finished with the roots, you'll see new growth start to put on at a much faster pace and the plant will start to use water. You NEVER water until your container is AT LEAST 80-90% dry. Go to the bottom of the forums page and look for the beginner grower thread. Open it and read the "sticky's" posted at the top of the page. They may not all relate to your type grow, but you desperately need some basic education on how to grow the plant and keep it alive and what to expect along the way. The more you know and understand the plant, the easier time you have with growing them. Read the sticky's and learn how to take care of the plant. Then spend some time reading up on flower lighting because, regardless of what you can get it to do during veg and how large you can grow it there, what it does during the flower cycle is totally dependent on the lighting you've got to flower under. More light means a better plant and a better yield. Weak light grows a lanky and spindly plant with under developed buds. Each plant needs enough space to grow without being crowded or shaded by other plants and each plant needs the same strong light as the others. You can harvest more from one plant that is well tended and given sufficient lighting than you can by trying to flower 3 in the same space. Just look at this first run as being all about education. Once you get some knowledge about how to do this under your belt, it all begins to make more sense. It's all here hundreds of times over and all you have to do is find the thread pertaining to you and look it up and read it. Pictures are wonderful too. Just comparing what the experienced growers are using and doing and what their plants look like to yours helps you figure out what you can do better or different to up the yield. Good luck. TWW

• Like Like x 1
  6. Soil is standard potting soil with peat moss and bone meal mixed in. PH is slightly high-7.5 -I'm growing indoors-painted walls flat white--current area with light on it is 3x3 (I built it so that I can expand the area as the plant grows). I have a small fan on it-low speed (but not directly at the plant--just for air flow.). I have only used some 1/4 diluted soil acidifier--because early on (a week or so in) the ph of the soil was over 8, and the plant looked like it was going to die. I haven't used any other nutes.

7. Never mind- ph is good--used an actual soil test today instead of the 2 prong tester...