first grow. 600w hps 3GDP 4 prp Ksh

Discussion in 'Indoor Grow Journals' started by Paroto490, Nov 18, 2011.

1. #1 Paroto490, Nov 18, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 18, 2011
    wats up GC im a noob to growing and started my first grow a month ago.. i had my plants under 8x27w cfls for the first 2 weeks then upgraded to a 600w gifital ballast with a HD digital bulb. They are currently in a 4ft cabinet with an oscillating fan. Temps are 75-80 daytime and 60-65 night time.

Im currently feeding with botanicare pro gro and nutriplus BudPlus. i use the proGro every watering which is about every 3-4 days and the budPlus every other watering. Plan on buying dynagro products as i have read good reviews and their stuff is affordable. maybe ill save a little money for some open sesame and some chaching. anyone have anything to say about those products?

water gets ph'd to 6.5 and im using 60% fox Farm soil, 20%vermiculite, 20% perlite.

My original plan was to LST and keep them in the cabinet. But after keeping up with Exs journal i decided to do a scrog. I will be making a 3 1/2ft by 3 1/2ft screen and it will be setup 10in above the rim of the pot. i will only be putting 6 of the 7 plants under the screen and the other i will leave on the side and just let it grow with whatever light it can get.

I FIMMed my clones as soon as i got them and started LST so they are nice and bushy and they lay horizontally on their own now.

Now on to some pics. if i missed anything you guys would like to know please ask. i can use all the advice i can get. like i said this is a first for me so im open to any and all suggestions and comments..

the 3 on the left that make an L are the GDP and the other 4 are the PK[​IMG]

heres some shots from under, you can see the effect of FIMM and LST as well as the nice thick stocks. [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

short and bushy. You guys think they will be good candidates for scrog?
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

can anyone tell me whats causing the leaves to fold up in the first pic and the dead leaves in the second? nute burn?
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Well thats my set up. i will post some more pics tomorrow after i set up the screen and hopefully i will have time to make my new hood as well.

Thanks for reading, hope to get some of your guys' attention:hello:

2. Hey dude :wave:.

Do u have a Ph meter ???

They are experiencing some nute burn - that is why I ask ???

Nice plants, just cool it off a lil bit wit da nutes :).

Freak
    :smoke:

3. Yeah that looks like a PH issue completely. Are you adjusting your water to about 6.5ph? I also see what looks like SPIDER MITE damage in the last pic. The little white spots on the leaves. Get on that before it becomes a huge problem too.

4. Nah, thats not SM damage :).

Dont freak him out at this stage lol :).

Freak

5. Your the bug dude, but I dunno.:smoke:

6. #6 exs, Nov 18, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 18, 2011
    Hey paroto lookin good!

I would put the screen up asap then see how full it looks but Id say your gonna want to flower soon cos theyll fill up that screen pretty quickly.

Im no expert on pH or nute issues so cant help with that but lookin forward to seein the screen up do it as soon as you can and we'll go from there:)

Oh yeah you may as well make the screen the size of the space if your leaving 7 plants in there and just put em all under it, cos otherwise the plant that isnt below the screen will stretch up a lot higher and you wont be able to keep the light as close to the canopy as you should.You could get rid of one though and have a nice 3x3 row of plants with plenty of space for each but its up to you man.

7. I made the frame today and I made it 3 2/3ft by 3 2/3 ft. Didn't get a chance to finish it all up though. Will be done tonite or tomoro.

I don't have a ph meter. I do ph my water before and after the mutes are added and ph it to 6.5.

I think I did get mute burn because when I started using the budplus I didn't go half strength I went straight to full and I noticed the problem about 2 or 3 days after watering. All the new growth is coming along very nice tho.

And is it ok to switch to flower even if the whole screen isn't filled up? Im assuming when I put them under the screen it will be about 50% full.

8. I made the frame today and I made it 3 2/3ft by 3 2/3 ft. Didn't get a chance to finish it all up though. Will be done tonite or tomoro.

I don't have a ph meter. I do ph my water before and after the mutes are added and ph it to 6.5.

I think I did get mute burn because when I started using the budplus I didn't go half strength I went straight to full and I noticed the problem about 2 or 3 days after watering. All the new growth is coming along very nice tho.

And is it ok to switch to flower even if the whole screen isn't filled up? Im assuming when I put them under the screen it will be about 50% full.

And I did have spidermiteS. Didn't notice it till I saw some spider webs. But took care of that with water/alcohol and neem oil. Sprayed the plants with it every 3 days and took care of the problem. Will continue to use it if I ever see more

9. My setup is in the basement and I pan on making the "room" about 5ft by 5ft so I can have some walk around apace all around the screen. And I figured putting the extra plant in a corner

Question. my setup is gonna b in the corner of my basement so 2 of the walls will be painted white and I planned on just putting up white tarps on the other 2 sides to close it off.

Do you guys think a who're tarp or a few cheap white table cloths or sheets will be good?

I mean will it reflect the light back if its not a hard surface? Or will the sheets or tarp kind of absorb the light?

10. Hey Exs how much space did u leave between ur screen and the top of ur pots? I had the prices cut at home depot so I have 2 options. 7 1/2 in or 9 1/2. Its actually 9 1/2 or 11 1/2 because the screen is at the top of a 2x4. First measurements we're clearance of from frame. Second is clearance from screen. Make sence? Lol.

I smoked me a joint and ate a cookie so sorry if it doesn't make sense :smoke:

11. Haha no it makes sense I would prob go with 9 1/2 clearance from screen I went with 12'' on this grow think havin it a bit lower would work better

12. Hey bro. Nice lookin plants nice and low. So youve been vegging clones for a month right?id say it would be ideal to flip the switch. Ive read that flipping the switch to 12/12 early,or prior to the plant showing preflowers,stresses the plant and does not in fact induce flowering like many think. So i just go if they show their lil hairs. I wouldnt go too long over a month,dont know about your perps,but i had a clone turn into a MONSTER plant under a 400w light. Like,ridiculous. Lotsa bud tho. But id question room with that many plants.

13. Well the frame got completed and it was left at 11 in clearance from screen. I can change it though. This k it would be a good idea to lower it 2 in?

Here are some pics

Here you can see the clearance from frame and screen. Think it should go lower?
    [​IMG]

Here is the enclosed area. It's about 5 1/2 ftby 5 1/2ft.
    Do you guys think the white tarp will reflect the light? U can see light penetrate though the tarp but on the inside it does reflect. Is the light going through considered light lost?
    [​IMG]

Here are the plants under the screen. They have about 4 inches till they reach the screen. Fills out about 50-60% time to flip?
    [​IMG]

And here is my plans for the reflector I want to make. Final product will be made of sheet metal tell me what u guys think
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

14. Screen looks really good I would lower it 2'' so you can start training straight away the girls are ready for it.You could train for a week and then flip to flower, should fill up the screen are they more sativa or indica dominant?If they are sativa then drop the screen down a bit and switch to flower really soon cos they are gonna bush out and stretch:D

15. That reflector looks like it will work pretty well. The only thing I would do to change it is widen up the top part a little, but it could work perfectly fine how it is now ;)

16. Nice work P :wave:.

+ rep for yer hard work.

Howz the new growth lookin on the plants now ???

Freak

17. Ill lower the screen tomorrow and flip to 12/12 on Sunday

As for the reflector I made thetop so narrow because otherwise the sides would have to be shorter. That's the size or the sheet metal I bought. So I made the cuts according to that. Its 5 in wide and 13 in long at the top. Plenty or room for the bulb.

18. Thanks!

New growth is coming along very nice. Ill take some pics tomorrow. Hopefully new hood will be done. I need to go get some rivets.

And they are indicate dominant exs. So should give me a title more time before I have to flip.

Any thoughts on the white tarp? Will it do fine in reflecting light back in? Or is the light that penetrates through considered lost light?

19. the light going through is considered lost light yes.
    i cant see pic, what amount of light is going through %-wise

20. yeah i just looked at your white tarp... if u can, try to find some mylar. will do won ders for reflection.