First grow 4×4 tent vipaspectra V900

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by Newonelad, Jun 2, 2018.

1. Hello stoners I am about to set up my first grow in a 4x4 grow tent. I have a filter all nutes etc I am going to be using Dutch passion auto high potency mix. I am thinking about 4 plants I want to achieve at least 4-5 oz maybe more maybe. I am using a vipaspectra reflector series v900 model. What do you think

2. I was originally going to get Mars hydro reflector192 which has way more watts and lumens but I changed my mind last minute as was easier to buy vipaspectra if I am honest. I just want to know my chances if I do everything else right I know light is food and is key to the plants but for now this is all I can use

3. That light is a bit small for that space and 4 plants, but you should be able to achieve your goal with the right environment. 600w is preferable in that space - with the right light and environment and some training you should be able to yield 4-5 oz. per plant. Good luck and welcome to GC. :)

• Like Like x 2
  4. #4 Diatt, Jun 2, 2018
    Last edited: Jun 2, 2018
    You can get a 600 watt dimmable hps xxl hood for I want to say 100-200$. Get your self an xxxl air cool hood, so it sucks the heat out, can remove the glass provide more light. That’s your cheapest route, make sure you have good head height.

But I can see if you are looking for that weight 4-5 oz, but really how often are you needing it? I mean if it takes you 6 months to grow and harvest, would 4 oz be ok? 600 watt hps/ 4x4 with doing things right with 2ft deep canopy you can expect 1-1.5lb a harvest.

5. Cheers man that has made me feel much better now

6. 4-5 oz's with that light in that space with 4 plants will be a cakewalk. You should be able to do that first grow. I did better then that in the same size space first grow. More then double. I wouldn't go HPS myself. There are better leds out there if you have't bought it yet but it's not the worst one on the market and can grow decent plants.

I think you could get up to a pound per harvest with 4 plants, that light and some skill/training.

• Like Like x 1