First Grow - 300w LED

Discussion in 'Indoor Grow Journals' started by adrimity, Jan 31, 2014.

1. I squeezed the sides of the pot to loosen the dirt around the edges. I then put my hand on the soil palm down and tipped the pot upside down. The plant came out along with most of the dirt which I then put in the new pot.

2. Here is what she looks like today. New growth seems to have little to no burning on the tips. However, older leaves still are burned, not sure when/if they are going to cure.
    ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1392919102.612829.jpg ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1392919137.311580.jpg

3. Leaves past a certain point can't be cured and you should remove them asap

Sent from my XT907 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

4. I've also just realized the leaves are a bit droopy. May need to switch back to watering every 3 days rather than every 4.

5. Yeah removing those leaves should help that too haha

6. I'm thinking about removing the lower most leaves that look like they just aren't ever going to grow back to full health. I think they are actually the first two leaves the plant ever sprouted. Will cutting these leaves cause any sort of harm to the plant?

7. #67 Rumpleforeskin, Feb 20, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 20, 2014
    Yeah, don't remove anything until it's dead. Keep it on until it falls off.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xYq7CuVpAeo]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xYq7CuVpAeo

8. Touche. Its your choice. That's also an outdoor scenario I believe.

9. Has nothing to do with your light source. Listen to what he says.

10. I watched the video and yes, if they are dying/dead then take them off. Excessive Defoliation is what we don't want.

11. #71 Rumpleforeskin, Feb 20, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 20, 2014
    It won't help a thing to pull that leaf off. Let it be used up and when it's ready to fall off you can take it. Your plant is absorbing it. Not sure why anyone would be in a rush to do that.

12. Alrighty then!  No removing leaves until they are completely dead ;)

13. She's getting big(and bushy)! Might be only another 2 weeks or so until I kick it into the flowering stage. Might already be pushing it with the amount of space I have, but we'll see!
    New growth is still burning a bit... But she continues to grow without a problem!
    ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1393434298.141389.jpg ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1393434351.760902.jpg

14. I defoliate with great results...

15. Ya... I've decided I'm going to remove some of the inner lower leaves of the plant when I water again on Saturday

16. I wouldn't cut the plant. Theirs better ways to open up the canopy. That hippies right about the leaves storing energy for the plant.
    You have some odd deficiency or toxicity going on, have you done any research on the cause?

I posted awhile back and never responded, what I did was transplant into my organicly based soil mix. Mostly composted chicken manure and kelp mixed in a neutral seed starter soil that I knew worked well. Growers Best brand soil.

17. I pulled the plant out to see what I could do with it. I was high and got confused easily so I put it back in the grow tent lol I think it's just nute burn. I'm using FFOF so there isn't much I can do...
    http://www.growweedeasy.com/nutrient-burn-cannabis

18. Look up the "plant abuse chat"

It has good pictures and your problem seems pretty defined.

I dunno looks more like deficiencies, maybe potassium? One of mine did the same thing but nowhere near as bad it was just one or two fan leaves here and there. Looking good otherwise.