First Grow - 300w LED

Discussion in 'Indoor Grow Journals' started by adrimity, Jan 31, 2014.

1. Your plant looks fine maybe a little dry, Spritz it with water and a drop or 2 of dish soap,   having the light so close may have bleached it out a bit . 
     What is your relative humidity ? It needs to be over 50% to be happy  in veg.
    Do you know what the ph of your water  ? 6.5 - 7  is best so it can access all the nutrients
     FF is a little strong for some strains till she gets bigger. My PC was very picky and the PB just grew with absolutely no problems. 
     As long as she is putting out new leaves I wouldn't worry.

2. What does the dish soap do to the plant?  I have just watered the plant since today is watering day, and I also moved the light back to 16 inches to see what that does.  There seems to be new healthy leaf growth just over the past 12 hours since I took the last pictures.  The humidity is around 45%, not sure how to get it up any higher?  It is raining outside, so humidity is at a high right now.  The pH of the water I give it is always about 6.5.  The tap water where I live is around 7.5, and I use a few drops of white vinegar to bring the pH down to 6.5.  I have attached some pictures... I was able to get a better picture of the yellow tip of one of the leaves today.

Attached Files:

3. I don't got a journal for mine yet getting the last things delivered next week or two. As far as leaves go I think it's something to do with the nutes like u said but not a 100 percent haven't even started mine yet but I'll keep u posted. Could be the light might need adjusted further o closer

Sent from my iPad using Grasscity Forum

4. Soap is just a surfactant , keeps the water from beading up and running off. You can use any liquid dish soap as long as it doesnt say antibacterial or use insecticidal soap if you have some both do the same thing. Easy way to increase the humidity is have a tray under the pot and leave the runoff water in there, just not too much  to keep yr soil wet.  Hang a wet towel where the fan will hit it. Anywater that will evaporate quickly will increase your RH  

5. My plants did the same thing when they were about that size, they seemed to out grow what ever thr cause.

6. Besides being a fire hazard and a mold magnet, how is that cardboard helping your grow area? Seems you will getter better airflow without it.

But what do I know?

Best of luck, R.

7. Did you change anything in your growing environment when this happened? If not, then I think it's just a little bit of nute burn. Can't really think of any other causes.

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

8. #48 adrimity, Feb 8, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 8, 2014
    If I didn't have the plant in a micro environment like that how will I be able to keep the temperature above the room temperature which is at 65 degrees? Or even keep the humidity up? The cardboard is still very dry, I'm assuming because of the layer of spray paint over it. I also forgot to mention I'm a college student. So I don't have all the various tools/materials/money to build anything more fancy ;) I could barely afford the light!

9. The lamp being on 24 hours a day that close to the plant will keep it plenty warm.

10. Wouldn't that drastically reduce the amount of light the plant gets because there are no walls to reflect lost light off of?

11. #51 Rumpleforeskin, Feb 8, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 8, 2014

Perhaps a very small amount (if any in your case), but not drastically, but given the choice, I would grow in the closet over a cardboard box. My closet is the same size, just paint it flat white if it's not already painted that color. Flat white is the best color for a grow room.

12. Alright so I have thought this over for a bit and I may be look into getting a grow tent.  My roommate said he would spot me until I get paid :)  I am looking at getting a tent that will be able to grow 3-4 plants at a time(for my next grow cycle).  Any suggestions on such a tent?  I've been looking at this one: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00ETBDX14/ref=s9_psimh_gw_p86_d7_i2?pf_rd_m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&pf_rd_s=center-2&pf_rd_r=1292B1JKJ7VAP2W5ABPY&pf_rd_t=101&pf_rd_p=1688200382&pf_rd_i=507846

13. Just measure out the space very carefully, make sure the tent will fit and suit the needs of the grow. Post up "tent recommendations" in the forum with your dimensions. Now days you have a lot to choose from

14. Whatever is happening with the leaves has gotten quite a bit worse.  Anyone have any ideas as to what is causing this?  Should I be worried at this point about the health of my plant, or do you think it will grow out of it?

Attached Files:

15. Update: I am also seeing this same orange color on some perlite on the top of the soil.  I'm thinking this is no longer something simple.  Is it some sort of bacteria or something?

16. It can be the LED lights. It did the same thing to my plant when it was real small. It out grew it and went on to be a healthy plant. Just a bit of burn, not sure what it comes from but I never get it with HID lights, just LEDs.

[​IMG]

A few weeks later:
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

17. Ah alright good. I was a bit scared it was something worse. It almost looks like rust under the LED light. I've also removed the cardboard boxes to reduce temperature. It's now down to around 72 degrees. My thermometer says 79 but there's no way it's 79 in my room... Might need a new thermometer

18. Took her out to water today. She's getting big! I noticed some roots sticking out the drainage hole at the bottom. Is it time to transfer her to a bigger pot? If so, anyone know of a way to take her out without destroying the pot she's in?
    ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1392234110.210355.jpg ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1392234157.314770.jpg

19. Transferred her to a new 2 gallon pot(man that was a lot of work!). I have also changed the lighting to 24/0 as I have heard from multiple sources that marijuana doesn't need a dark period during veg growth.

20. How did you do the transferring?