First grow 250w cfl Auto Haze

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by Benjiro, Jan 15, 2015.

1. Okay here goes,

I am using a 250watt cfl dual spectrum bulb with reflector and a small 6" fan inside of a 60x60x140 grow tent.

I germinated two seeds using the paper towels and two plates method and then planted the seeds on Sunday 4th of this month. I am using Biobizz soil and haven't added any nutes as of yet.

The strain I am attempting to grow is Royal Haze Automatic from Royal Queen Seeds.

All is going relatively well..

I sprouted the seeds in small pots 3" I believe but read recently that you shouldn't really mess with autos too much in terms of transplanting them and such so when the soil was dry I took the chance and stuck them into the pots I plan to finish them in. I believe the plants were around 8-9 days old at time of transplant.

Now down to business,

One of the plants had a smaller taproot and subsequently has grown to be the smaller of the two. The smaller one hasn't really grown much since the transplant.. feeling it might have been a bit too soon for her.
    The larger plant seems to be enjoying her new home a lot more. But all the leafs seem to be curling upwards on her..

I did my fair share of research before starting and I can only assume the bigger one has heat stress or something to do with humidity. But I have had the closet door and tent door open to try and cool it and it doesn't seem to be getting worse but leafs look like they're really sticking up?

If anyone could take a look at my setup and plants and offer any tips and advice it would be highly appreciated!

2. 20150115_182231.jpg 20150115_182206.jpg 20150115_182124.jpg

what do you guys think?

3. Quick update, nearly ready for their first watering in their new homes.. water has been left out overnight to evaporate any chlorine in it.
    Was thinking of adding 1/4 strength nutes and see how they react.

Any thoughts?

4. Not till atleast day 10 buddy.

Chef.

5. Looks OK. Why are the pots half-full and why are you adding nutes so early?

Okay, thanks for your wise words. As it's due for a watering would it be a good idea to lift the plant out as if I was gonna transplant it and fill the pot with more soil so it sits higher and has more space for the roots to grow?

They are both 12 days old today so would it be too early to start giving them a weak dose of nutes tomorrow or Sunday in their next watering?

Didn't intend on the soil sinking as much as it did after a good watering. This is my first time growing any form of plant and believe me I've done a lot of research but some things you can only learn through doing lol

7. I would Personaly wait longer.

When you next transplant up a pot size I would add about 30% perlite and 70% soil so you can get some oxygen down to them roots.

Also bury the stem in the soil up to the first set of leafs.

Chef.

8. Right, well I'm using Biobizz soil which already has a percentage of perlite mixed it..
    Also, I read somewhere that you shouldn't bury the stem as it can lead to stem rot from it being damp and moist under the soil?
    is that fact or should I disregard that?

Thanks for all the help by the way guys.

9. 20150117_100045.jpg 20150117_100021(0).jpg 20150117_095909.jpg

Gonna give them their watering tonight. Any ideas with what's going om with the tips of the leaves?
    Happened overnight pretty much. Lights and fan on 18/6 schedule.

10. Apologies for the pictures being uploaded sideways and upside down, not too sure what's going on there.
    Cheers Loki, will be doing this in next couple of days or so then

11. http://thehydroponicsstore.com/biobizz-light-mix-50l

Went for the Biobizz light mix.. upon reading it says it has enough nutes in it to feed a plant for up to a week so will continue with just water until next week I suppose.

12. Ah shit well I guess it's too late now, you live and you learn. Any thoughts on which soil I should be going for (from the UK)

And is there anything I can do to help these or should I just carry on and use them as a learning curve? I'm guessing the soil and ph is gonna affect my final yield..!

13. You may be ok ive just head strange things about biobizz light mix next time try plant magic soil supreme and the pm nutes there awsome mix in a little ewc and perlight and youll have really healthy plants its what i use for my plants autos ofr photos
    Autos 1421527189355.jpg
    Photos 1421527219394.jpg

auto help page if you need help with autoflowers http://forum.grasscity.com/index.php?/topic/1294434-Need-help-with-autos?-Welcome

new vote page sept please vote http://www.dutch-passion.nl/en/photovote/2014-09-03-autoultimate%C2%AE-loki_1752/

14. #19 ProGMOII, Jan 17, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 17, 2015
    Why would you want to add nutrients? less is more. What soil did you use? Right now it looks a bit compacted. Please take time to read the growing guides. Two most common problems, too many nutrients and too much water. The most decent store soils can carry a plant several (5-7) weeks.

15. with autos you want a very low nute soil mix other wise it tends to burn them and can stunt them

auto help page if you need help with autoflowers http://forum.grasscity.com/index.php?/topic/1294434-Need-help-with-autos?-Welcome

new vote page sept please vote http://www.dutch-passion.nl/en/photovote/2014-09-03-autoultimate%C2%AE-loki_1752/