First Grow...2 Bagseed, 1 Sour D, FFOF, FF Nutes, CFL

Discussion in 'Indoor Grow Journals' started by Kicks, Feb 5, 2009.

1. #21 Kicks, Feb 17, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 17, 2009
    Actually my friend is from nyc and he went back up there for a weekend, got an O which had 1 seed in it. He brought it back from another friend that grows and he said it was east coast. The one thing was that the seed was tiny...I didn't think it would sprout or be strong, but it looked to be the stronger plant up until a couple days ago when the bagseed took off.

Also how much longer veg you guys think?

and

My rh is at 21% right now, how do I raise it with a DIY? Or do I need a humidifier?

Thanks!

2. You can veg as long as you want to veg, you can even start flowering right after you see the first set of leaves (any earlier is wasting light). Some sativa strains that normally need to veg for 6-10 weeks can be thrown directly into flowering and just flowered an extra week or two and you can make dense ass colas/buds.

As far as RH your only realistic option is to purchase a humidifier off craigslist or something, unless you feel like bringing a grill into your grow room and boiling water. Another way to raise humidity is to get a large ice tray and have a fan blow over it (this will also help if your room runs at high temps). DIY options sound weird but if it doesn't fit in your budget you just have to work with what you have at home!

Good luck man!

3. #23 Kicks, Feb 18, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 18, 2009
    It seemed right after I watered my plants the rh went up 10% and has stayed that way since yesterday.

Also, my plants are about 4-6" tall and are on their 4th and 5th leaf sets.....should I be worried about them being that short? I figured for under 20 days from sprout, they are pretty big for their age (not height wise, but leaf set and bushy wise)..haha

Also, I think I can smell (maybe not) a slight odor....at 20 days, do these girls start smelling?

4. Lasko Home makes a great humidifier you can find in hardware stores. It's about $30-$40 and holds 1.75 gallons of water. It keeps RH about 50% running full speed and you only have to refill ~24-36 hours!

5. Thanks, that's what I'll need to invest in

6. #26 Kicks, Feb 22, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 22, 2009
    Update

Sour D is 24 days old..on the right
    Bagseed is 22 days old...on the left

Growing pretty well, but I have not seen a plant at this certain age, so I don't how how to judge the size. Anyone....good? bad? small?

Also, finished adding in my 120mm exhaust fans, and ducting...now just gotta slide on my DIY carbon filter and seal up the top of the box...good to go!!

Also, if one ends up being female, how much long should I veg so I can get at least 1oz dry off 1 plant?

One more thing...are the plants old enough to take a clone or two off of them?

THANKS

Attached Files:

7. They are looking good for 24 days... I would go at least 2 more weeks , even better 3 more.

The one plant on the left looks like maybe a little heat stress, leaves folding a bit... how far from bulb? temps at top of plant?

I'd wait to take a clone till your closer to switching... but I havent had much luck my first time cloning.

8. Update:

28 days bagseed 9"-10" height
    26 days Sour D 7"-8" in height

They are running out of horizontal space rapidly. They both look healthy, gave them a 1/4 dose of Grow big and 1/3 dose of Big Bloom today w/ watering.

I think I need to induce flowering at the beginning of next week so I don't run out of space. You guys think they are mature enough after ~30 days of veg?

First pics are bag seed, last pics are SD

Attached Files:

9. Hey man... nice

You can flower them now if your concerned about your height limitations, they look really good.

I'd hold out till your next nute cycle... you can give them a lot more than 1/3 dose of Big Bloom... its not strong, I'd go 2 tablespoons per gallon... but no Big Grow... Did you pickup Tiger Bloom? If so I'd give them 1 teaspoon/gallon mixed in with your Big Bloom.

10. I haven't picked up tiger bloom yet...going to next week when I go to the hydro store to get ONA blocks or gel.

Should I feed them with tiger bloom before I switch lights over?

11. I'd feed them the tiger with the bloom and then flip the lights the next day or two after, this way they have what they want to push them into flowering.

12. ya I should try that for sure.

I hope one is female.....fingers crossed

13. update with pics coming today.

I had to ditch the bagseed plant, had some disease starting dying from the bottom up...no idea what it was.

the SD i have now is aobut 5-6 days into 12/12, the fan leaves that come out of the main stem, well the stems are turning red/purple and seems like they cannot support themselves and are hanging down, no stiffness to the fan leaf stem at all...what is this? Tried to feed with more Grow Big, someone said N deficiency but nothing has really changed....

Also about 5-6days into 12/12, when can I tell what the sex is approx?

thanks

14. Go easy on the Grow Big now that your in flower... N can stunt flower development. I wouldn't use again untill about week 4 of 12/12... then give 1 tspn/gallon, Do that for like 2 feedings w/ tiger bloom and that should be about it for the grow big.

Did you pickup your Tiger Bloom yet?

15. Got it couple nights ago along with my ONA liquid fresh linen for a DIY odor controlling machine.

Just did 1/4tsp of tiger bloom for a 1/2gal of water that I feed my SD plant, along with 1/2tsp of big bloom.

Trying to stay away nute burn...next watering is pure water for sure.

Also do I need a magnifier to see the pistils or sacs?

16. You shouldnt need a magnifier to see them...they should show soon... I vegged for a while so I new they were ladies before I put them in 12/12

Next time you give nutes I'd try upping it to 1 teaspn of the tiger... but no grow big... the tiger has a lil N in it and thats all they should need. And if you have big bloom give them 1 tablespoon/gallon

17. Ya I have big bloom, I will water them w/ nutes as per your advice.

Also, do you know anything about fan leaf stems turning red/purplish? The other stems are green and solid, the fan leaf stems are red and wont support the leaves weight. Is that a deficiency?

18. i'm having some purpling in my fan leaf stems also.... Told could be a N or K issue... I gave some N ferts but you dont want to give much early in flower. I'm at week 3 so in another week or two will give some.

The purpling could be a strain thing... dont know as I'm growin bagseed... but other than that they are looking healthy. The Tiger Bloom should help if its a K deficiency and it does have some N in it.

19. Update:

40 days old, 7 days in preflowering...still looking for signs of sex

I have a couple Q's on some pictures themselves...

Attached Files:

20. the preflowers you will actually see where the side shoots split off, kinda the crotch area ( for a lack of my botany knowledge)

Male [​IMG]

Female[​IMG]