FIRST GROW!!! 1000 watt mh/hps combo

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by MiMedical420, Apr 15, 2011.

1. 5 strawberry cough clones , 3 shot out , 1 unrooted died, kept 1 alive for 14 days foliage feeding now has roots n is on her way
    5 bluberry clones , 1 had roots, 4 unrooted rip off guy said he rooted all 10 no clonex asshole!! N e way 1 surviving 2 struggling 1 dead 1 critical
    1 unknown bag seed either purple flo or cherry pie kush hope it's a girl prolly will contain it n flower it no matter what though
    Bcz want chron seeds not sure
    5 a+ clones added soon as I weed out smugglers mix bag from friend all female of coarse

Setup:
    Lighting:
    1 switchable "china" ballast hood and
    Bulb combo 1000 watt seems to be working awesome for a 300 dollar light.

Thinking about getting an eye hortilux for flowering but need input??

Exhaust: basically non existent one 4 in direct fan hooked to a to a timer on different intervals during light cycle on time. That's it so far.

Probably investing in squirrel cage for flower room.

Environment: Temps range from idk have n old fashion temp/humidity gauge n need a new digital one. About 90 to 75 I think I need to lower the temp with a 4 in inline duct fan and hook it to my light so I can lower it without the heat output any ideas??? Also Mylar on walls for reflectivity.

Watering: 264 gph pump in a reservoir with a self made DiY drip irrigation
    System which works wonders. Just plug in wait for runoff unplug 10 secs all plants are watered.

Nutes: advanced nutrients ; micro, grow, bloom formula. 1tsp per gallon first week then up"d it to two then three.

April 1st got clones looked pretty at first until I realized half didn't have any
    Roots or hormone so I was
    Screwed because I didn't have any either since I have not cloned yet. I will have pics up as soon as I figure out how to on my phone right now lookin at my babies writing this thread. It is now April 15th they are 14 days old and the tallest three are doing wonders, all of the strawberry cough I presume the one blueberry is also starting to go good. I"ll add more stuff later today. Also have a question about Karo syrup n molasses during veg?'good or bad ? Experienced growers answers only plz!

2. How do you cool your light/hood?

What kind of temps do you have?

3. Alright I got a few pics from the other day under hps will have more good shots soon

Attached Files:

4. #4 MiMedical420, Apr 15, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 15, 2016
    I don't cool my hood I'm thinking about getting something like a 4 in duct fan n dryer hose for it but my light heats the cold room n idk exact temps bcz my gauge is ghetto but around 90 with lights on 70 without

5. It's way to hot bro. Temp should be no higher than 80 deg.

6. #6 motech, Apr 16, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 16, 2011
    IDK what you grow in SOIL/HYDRO?

I grow in soil w added perlite & spagnum peat

I don't use molasses until 4th or 5th week flowering just like nutes every 3rd watering. I don't think the molasses early on in veg would be of any use to the plant. I will say this, the way I use it 2 tbl spoons per gallon I can taste the difference and its better. The buds swell and fill a noticeable amount. The answer to you question, Ive never tried it vegging I just use it to finish.

7. I grow in. Both soil and hydro but my root are starting to stick out the bottom of my pots can I wait a week until my smart pots get here or should I transplant right now??

8. I would avoid a squire cage blower they are loud and expensive to run especially with one light you can get an inline blower 530 cfm off eBay for for 80$ and make your own carbon scrubber for about twenty$

9. Of course, but when you do transplant, a lot of the roots that are sticking out will be gone when you do decide to transplant.

10. I was thinking about a 4 in inline duct fan for my light 120 cfm just to pull the hot air out of the room and cool it:

Also thanx for the tip on the squirrel cage don't need electric bill higher!

I am still having temp problems at 86 I moved the light even higher now 26 in away now hope it doesn't cause stretching..

I also put some hydraton in my planter so light doesn't hit the roots before I transplant,

that is probably the reason why u said I was going to lose the roots right ??

11. I see where you are going bout roots & lights but I was thinking about the mass of roots sticking out through the bottom of the pot being pulled off because they may be hard to negotiate out of the pot. See what I mean? If they just started pokin out now a week won't matter much.

12. Yea they just started poking out and my pots should be here on Wednesday so I think it should be good, still having a heat issue leaves are burning and curling in can't get it below 85 could this be wind burn from direct air or is it from temp?

Attached Files: