First Grow, 1 Plant CFL

Discussion in 'Indoor Grow Journals' started by BudBully420, Aug 28, 2017.

1. They look good. I used regular cheap potting soil from the DG, and mixed in a few teaspoons of blood meal and flower bloom. Will I end up needing to feed nutrients? Or will it last with just being watered? I've just been watering and it seems to be doing just fine with the soil I mixed up, even though I didn't add much.

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

2. Happy frog , mixed ashes from firebox on smoker and planted seed with a dead shiner leftover from fishing. Fkng indian style yes lol.

Sent from my SM-J700P using Grasscity Forum mobile app

3. Itll suck the nutrients out slowly so d3f have to feed it. Easy at first see how it reacts to it. It looks big enough to start feeding .

4. Could I just add more blood meal or flower bloom and water? Or will I need to go buy nutrients?

5. Sure can just remember not to over do it. It all vomes down to your particular circumstances for the grow and it is your first go so keep ooen mind and watch and the plants will tell you what they need

6. Ok, that's good to know, thank you for the advice. I just can't wait to see how it turns out.

7. #29 BudBully420, Sep 5, 2017
    Last edited: Sep 8, 2017
    • Like Like x 1
  8. #30 BudBully420, Sep 8, 2017
    Last edited: Sep 8, 2017
    Plant looks healthy green color, but some of the leaves are twisted and seem uneven in growth. I suspected wind burn and moved the fan to blow around it. The new leaves were coming in Taco-like. I assumed it was getting dry from the lights in there, so I added a fan with a wet towel over it and added a cup of water in there. Over night the leaves flattened out so I believe I fixed the problem. But it seems there are more leaves growing than vertical growth. It'll probably stretch more when I switch to 12/12. It's currently 3 1/2 weeks from seed. I was going to switch in another week on Friday.

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum[​IMG][​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  9. #32 BudBully420, Sep 10, 2017
    Last edited: Sep 10, 2017
    Today I pruned my plant. I used scissors to clip away dying leaves on the bottom that weren't getting any light, and a few that were growing underneath other leaves. I've been (lst) bending it slightly every day and it's starting to grow at an angle. I'm hoping to switch to 12/12 in 5 days after it recovers from pruning.[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

I also took it outside in the sun for a few hours before it's scheduled to go to dark period.

10. Another thing you can do to help it get the best lighting to the leaves is to tie off some of the branches out of way and make it a bush. How much longer until you flip to flower?

11. #34 BudBully420, Sep 11, 2017
    Last edited: Sep 11, 2017
    Yes I pushed some of the larger leaves down under other branches, but I plan on switching to flowering Tuesday, so in 2 more days. That makes it 4 1/2 weeks from when I planted the seed. Since it was bagseed I have no idea what the genetics are, but the way it's grown I'm pretty sure it's an indica. Which I believe means it's flowering period is around 8 weeks.

12. My plant is now on its second day of flowering. I watered it and fed it some flower bloom. [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
    • Like Like x 1
  13. Any plans on adding a LED in the future?

14. One day hopefully I will have the space and budget to have an HID setup, but as for now I have neither. I just have the corner of a closet and CFLs so it's not hard on the electric bill and heat is easy to manage.

• Like Like x 1
  15. [​IMG] heres blue dream that outgrew box and went outdoor..about 3 weeks left i think give or take . Trichomes are tall still pretty clear though.

• Like Like x 1